How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Absolutely loving the fact that Chiharu Okunugi got booked again. Nice casting. Great to see Adriana, Magdalena Jasek, Kirstin, Catherine McNeil and Kirsten Owen.

21-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

I have to admit, while I wasn't sure about Kirstin being good for the brand, hers was my favorite appearance

Fantastic mishmash of a cast.

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

I loved that this season was kinda like the Prada version of the Gucci casting, most of the girls were Prada regulars.

fashion insider

I have to admit I didn't like how Maartje looked last season but she looked amazing now, I was really pleased to see Esther, and loved how Chiharu and Sung Hee looked, and quite surprised also not to see an army of newface exclusives

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Oh and I was quite surprised by Amanda Murphy opening/closing. Never expected Prada to get second-handed girls as their openers.

V.I.P.

Prada still has the power to surprise us!
Aline, Cora, Catherine, Andreea were completely random (and a bit out of place).

Amazing cast though.

21-02-2013
front row

Really surprised that there was no Vanessa Axentei, and disappointed that cora was the only black girl...

21-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by intern22 View Post
Really surprised that there was no Vanessa Axentei, and disappointed that cora was the only black girl...
The casting was spectacular in some way but they could have done a better job with casting the right black girls. Jasmine Tookes and Anais Mali fits the bill perfectly.

21-02-2013
backstage pass

Looking through it again, it was a great cast! Could've done without Adriana Lima or Andreea but other than that it was really nice! Maartje looked incredible would love her to snag the campaign again.

trendsetter

I quite liked the Dsquared2 cast, also in terms of diversity. But Karmen opening and closing the show is such an odd choice to be honest.

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

^yeah tbh, she was quite lackluster on opening and closing the show... I would have preferred cheesy Cara doing it instead

anyways, I enjoyed so much seeing Jasmine and Marina nery there.

V.I.P.

Cara, no. Karmen at least is more classy. I think she looked divine.

fashion insider

^ I cannot believe we have to defend Karmen against Cara! What has the world come to? No I actually agree with rockangel that Cara is more suited to the brand's tackiness but Karmen is leagues better than her in walk and everything else as a model

21-02-2013
utterly superfluous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
Oh and I was quite surprised by Amanda Murphy opening/closing. Never expected Prada to get second-handed girls as their openers.
Two words: Irina Kulikova (Calvin exc. prior to opening Prada FW07.08; neither opened their show before their respective Prada seasons). Amanda was perfect for this collection and, especially coupled with Sasha's opening in NY, really serves a testament to Proenza's current casting strength as well.

There has been some really decent casting amidst a mess of others this season. Prada was incredible though. To be honest, no one felt out of place in that lineup to me.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
^ I cannot believe we have to defend Karmen against Cara! What has the world come to? No I actually agree with rockangel that Cara is more suited to the brand's tackiness but Karmen is leagues better than her in walk and everything else as a model
stating that cara's cheesiness suits Dsquared's tackiness perfectly well is actually nothing you'd have to defend Karmen against.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, casting, f or w, model