How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youarearockstar View Post
Two words: Irina Kulikova (Calvin exc. prior to opening Prada FW07.08; neither opened their show before their respective Prada seasons). Amanda was perfect for this collection and, especially coupled with Sasha's opening in NY, really serves a testament to Proenza's current casting strength as well.

There has been some really decent casting amidst a mess of others this season. Prada was incredible though. To be honest, no one felt out of place in that lineup to me.
Well, both Proenza and Prada are cast by Ashley so it's not surprising the casts are alike/equally strong.

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

^^^everyone to his own taste

Mr. Zhivago

Prada missed casting Guinevere and Sasha P. Who better to fit the demented lady

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

the Prada collection was perfect for Maryna, it baffles me why she isn't in Milan. She hasn't done a complete season in so long

21-02-2013
utterly superfluous

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Well, both Proenza and Prada are cast by Ashley so it's not surprising the casts are alike/equally strong.
Yes, that's not news to me. It's quite smart on her part if nothing else.

21-02-2013
tfs star

Prada cast was amazing By the way, Ji Hye Park has seemed to slow down in Milan and I dont know why. She has a great look and presence on the runway. It boggles my mind how casting directors would rather cast Soo Joo than Ji Hye

V.I.P.

Am I the only one stoked by the return of Diana Moldovan? She's back and better than ever.

21-02-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
Am I the only one stoked by the return of Diana Moldovan? She's back and better than ever.
I'm really excited as well, the problem is that she hasn't done that many BIG shows, i just realize she was again this season just after Gucci Show. Still excites me

About Prada, i must say to see Aline Weber in Prada, shows to me how unpredictable their cast can be. I although i don't agree with many that it was spectacular, i would say it was just typical Prada castings ( I mean in terms of surprising us with a couple of faces).

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

All the fawning over the Prada cast is so funny to me. I mean, it was better than usual if only because there were less newbies, but come on, lol.

tfs star

Loved Prada and DSquared.

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

It would've been last season, I would have been ecstatic about Catherine McNeil's come back but now that she's everywhere, I just feel blah, yeah, so what. I don't know, she does look stunning and all but I'm not so enthusiastic as I thought I would be. Anyone else in the same case?

fashion elite

I'm in exactly the same mood about Catherine Mcneil. I think her comeback has been quite overrated, and also the fact that she has horrible walk, makes a little bit painful to look at her.

21-02-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine27 View Post
It would've been last season, I would have been ecstatic about Catherine McNeil's come back but now that she's everywhere, I just feel blah, yeah, so what. I don't know, she does look stunning and all but I'm not so enthusiastic as I thought I would be. Anyone else in the same case?
Well I can't say I share that opinion lol. She's hardly been everywhere, but she has been very lucky this season. Thankfully darker looks seem to be making a comeback, because she is totally at odds with the pristine-blonde ideal of previous seasons.

I thought she would have fitted nicely at Fendi but I guess Karl is yet to regain a fondness for her, oh well... Prada is more than enough for me

21-02-2013
tfs star

It baffles me how many (semi-)established girls are skipping shows this season.
If you take MDC's Top 50 list, some girls are veeeery 'selective' (either they are really selective or they just don't book much), like Anais Mali, Toni Garrn, Anna Selezneva, Arizona Muse, Kendra Spears or Frida Gustavsson, while a lot of others didn't show up at all so far (Constance jablonski, Tati Cotliar, Wang Xiao, Valerija Kelava, Jac, Anais Pouliot).

I know most of these girls aren't too interested in doing runway anymore and don't need to bother anyway, but I still think it's remarkable that the number of show skippers increases every season (at least that's my impression).

21-02-2013
fashion elite

The Prada cast was very old school to me. Not that it's a negative thing Quite strong & Prada-ish at it's best, just like the collection itself Nice to see Chiharu, Sung Hee & Fei Fei in the show! Although i'm kinda shocked of Vanessa's absence I know she's skipping Milan but Prada....must be something big in Paris! Also i realized too Ji Hye kinda slowed down across the pond That's sad because i like her so much. Yumi for not being re-booked at Fendi & Prada was a shocker to me as well

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, casting, f or w, model