How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

So happy Soo Joo opened Just Cavalli! It isn't anything major, but it's something lol. I want major things for her

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

One girl I really did not expect to see at Prada was Andreea, but I thought she looked fabulous, there needed to be one good walker after Mariacarla, and Adriana's walk was actually really nice. Andreea would have looked amazing at Miu Miu last season as well. The fact that she can step off the Gucci runway and then walk Prada and presumably Versace tomorrow really goes to show her versatility.

21-02-2013
tfs star

Can't wait for Versace tomorrow but I hope Donatella doesn't disappoint me like last season. Last season was just..ugh I also hope they dont cast a bunch of random newbies but that's probably what they did. Sorry, but even though I love Julia Nobis and Tilda Lindstam, they aren't Versace girls to me. Cast some girls who fit the brand like Aymeline Valade, Karmen Pedaru, etc.

V.I.P.

Dsquared2 had a very nice cast, it was a great mix of everything

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

I was surprised at how good the cast at Ports 1961 was.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
SAME! They had Joan opening, not exactly my fave but to have the #1 model in the world walk the show, Karlie closing (again not a fave at all but still big), karmen, big name girls, I was not at all expecting that from the show, it really made it a big deal that newcomer models walked the show amongst such big names.

22-02-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
Not really....isn't Edward Enninful styling the collection. He did last season. Hence his fave's Karmen, Joan, Cara, Karlie, and Ming Xi. If it wasn't for Edward, they probably would have overlooked that show. He definitely had influence/power over the casting.

22-02-2013
V.I.P.

A bit surprised about Vanessa's absence at Prada as well. Who knows if she will walk next season ...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
Dsquared2 had a very nice cast, it was a great mix of everything
Totally agree with you, one of my favourite casts this season. Just loved the combination of the 'hot right now girls' (Sasha, Ondria) with "faded girls" (Jasmine, Lina) and quirky new beauties (Marina, Soo Joo, Tsheca).

Karmen looked totally frustrated in her opening and closing slot though...although the Style.com review might hint as to why.

22-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangster View Post
A bit surprised about Vanessa's absence at Prada as well. Who knows if she will walk next season ...
well i guess she will be at miu miu in paris, that's for sure...unfortunately she skipped milan fw, i only don't understand why she twitted she's in milan for a fitting than she goes to paris..i thought it was prada fitting but obviously it isn't ...she's probably exclusive in paris, i presume balenciaga's one since she was wang semi-exclusive and one of his favorite girl at the moment but miuccia and ashley didn't give up on her

Last edited by kostadinka; 22-02-2013 at 11:38 AM.
22-02-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercification View Post
Totally agree with you, one of my favourite casts this season. Just loved the combination of the 'hot right now girls' (Sasha, Ondria) with "faded girls" (Jasmine, Lina) and quirky new beauties (Marina, Soo Joo, Tsheca).

Karmen looked totally frustrated in her opening and closing slot though...although the Style.com review might hint as to why.
Poor Karmen, that nipple slip was inevitable in her first dress and in her second outing, Cora walked too slow Even then I thought her walk was great and that 'frustrated' look is Karmen's usual bad bi#ch attitude on the runway!

22-02-2013
V.I.P.

Judging by the backstage photos of Versace, I think I will be disappointed by the cast.

22-02-2013
fashion elite

Wow, Blumarine really changed things up... Who were most of those girls?

V.I.P.

Not an exciting cast at Versace I agree. At least I think most of the models looked good, I didn't feel anybody was totally out of place or sticked out negatively. I don't expect great things from Versace anymore anyways.

trendsetter

The Versace cast was nothing to write home about. I'm glad some good walkers were there (Andreea, Kasia, etc) but i feel like some girls were just... there. Nothing to add, nothing to take away. Just there. Versace is another one of those shows that casts whoever is popular at the time. It's obnoxious.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, casting, f or w, model