How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-03-2013
tfs star

*Begin Rant* Its crazy how so many shows do not cast any black models and only 1 or 2 asian models. Shows like Christian Dior, Vanessa Bruno, and Maison Martin Margiela didn't cast any black models at all and only 1-3 asian models while there were like 30+ plain, all the same looking white blobs walking. I'm white but I love when there are ethnic girls on the runways because the whole world is NOT WHITE!! So its good when there is diversity on the runways. So many shows only casted 1 black model like Sonia Rykiel (who casted Grace Mahary) but Grace was the only black model casted! Makes no sense. I really feel casting directors don't know what their doing. *End Rant*

01-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestar View Post
*Begin Rant* Its crazy how so many shows do not cast any black models and only 1 or 2 asian models. Shows like Christian Dior, Vanessa Bruno, and Maison Martin Margiela didn't cast any black models at all and only 1-3 asian models while there were like 30+ plain, all the same looking white blobs walking. I'm white but I love when there are ethnic girls on the runways because the whole world is NOT WHITE!! So its good when there is diversity on the runways. So many shows only casted 1 black model like Sonia Rykiel (who casted Grace Mahary) but Grace was the only black model casted! Makes no sense. I really feel casting directors don't know what their doing. *End Rant*
Cora Emmanuel was there too

stylebistro.com

Just one more shard of hope!!! But alas not enough diversity.

01-03-2013
V.I.P.

Was I the only one surprised by Catherine McNeil at Dior? I don't think she ever walked Jil Sander so it was a surprise to see her pop up.

On a side note, I'm glad Raf is loosening up in terms of his predominantly new-face casting. Finally some veterans!

Last edited by Elfinkova; 01-03-2013 at 06:42 PM.
01-03-2013
front row

This season has been one of the worst ever in terms of diversity on the runways, I am almost ashamed for Alexander wang for his lack of diversity at balenciaga considering he is a colored person himself. I knew once galliano left dior and it was handed over to raf simons there would not be any black models at all at dior. I think the only way this could change is if black celebrities boycotted wearing designers who do not use any black models. Cause if they don't use black models truth is, they don't see beauty in black people. Very disappointing

01-03-2013
V.I.P.

What happened with Alex Kirtoka and Dior? Exclusive/opening the HC show and I thought she'd be the worldwide exclusive there this season since she hadn't showed up anywhere else. She wasn't even there.

V.I.P.

McNeil, as my friend Alicia Keys would say, is on fire! Opened AND closed 2 separate Paris shows, booking major shows. One of the most incredible comebacks.

01-03-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
Cora Emmanuel was there too
*Please do not quote pictures*
stylebistro.com

Just one more shard of hope!!! But alas not enough diversity.
Oops, thank you for posting that. I did not see Cora there till you posted the picture. Glad that there was at least 2 black models in the show but that's not enough!

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 02-03-2013 at 08:07 AM.
01-03-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
McNeil, as my friend Alicia Keys would say, is on fire! Opened AND closed 2 separate Paris shows, booking major shows. One of the most incredible comebacks.
This is so True ! ... Even though I don't like it (cause i'm SO not a fan of her), we have to recognize that she was def. one the highlights of the whole season, one of the best comebacks, probably she'll follow Suvi Koponen's paths.

02-03-2013
V.I.P.

Izabel Goulart at Loewe

front row

God bless Vivienne Westwood

02-03-2013
tfs star

who cast the Loewe show this season?

02-03-2013
V.I.P.

^it's probably one of the many Michelle Lee and Katie Grand collaborations like always.

02-03-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
^it's probably one of the many Michelle Lee and Katie Grand collaborations like always.
What other shows do those two cast?

V.I.P.

Marc Jacobs, Giles and LV.

front row

Where do u guys get information about casting director ? O.o
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, casting, f or w, model