Model Casting F/W 2018.19 - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
23-01-2018
fashion icon

Male Models who walked 2 of Dior Homme, Louis Vuitton and Prada in 2018 F/W.

Al Gill (Debut)
Alex Branton (Debut)
Anton Jaeger
Benno Bulang
Camiel van Wersch - Walked all the three shows.
Chris Diena (18 S/S)
Daan Duez (18 S/S) - Opened the Prada.
Daan Joosten (Debut)
Daniel Olze (Debut)
Diacaria Kreminta
Ernest Klimko
Jakob Zimmy (Debut) - Opened the Louis Vuitton.
Jonas Gloer
Kohei Takabatake (18 S/S) - Closed the Prada.
Lukas Adriaensens (Debut)
Nils Wendel (18 S/S)
Oscar Kindelan
Peter Dupont (Debut)
Serge Sergeev (18 S/S) - Walked all the three shows.
Willem Wardenaar
Zach Norton

Last edited by Plax; 23-01-2018 at 01:39 AM.
23-01-2018
fashion elite

Bitton casted Giambattista Valli? That's new, isnt it?
I'm pretty sure they used to have a different CD... Can't remember who that is tho.
The cast did not look like a Anitta's cast at all. I would have never guessed. It was basically the same GV is used to.

23-01-2018
tfs star

^Maria Giulia Azario used to cast Valli.

23-01-2018
V.I.P.

Givenchy was really interesting, Piergiorgio?

23-01-2018
V.I.P.

Kinda disappointed that Faretta is skipping couture week
Anyway can we shout out a HUGE RIP at Kendall's career? This is the first time she has skipped (aka not being called) a Chanel Couture show since she started her "modelling" career back in 2014. If Karl is not gonna support her anymore she'll be forced to do C-list shows (Dsquared), some New York and Fendi.
Also Gigi and Bella are not doing great either. Gigi's couture also RIP since Atelier Versace not hosting shows anymore. Bella's only supported by Vauthier, who's slightly better than a C-list but still nothing compared to Chanel
So happy that Karl is supporting gorgeous girls again (Luna, Vittoria, Kaia, Grace) and going out from the quirky-weirdo-nepotism phase (Molly Bair and instas mostly). I think that Grace is turning into a Chanel exclusive, last season she only walked (closed) for Chanel in Paris (and also got the press lookbook), same this couture season

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Spells View Post
Givenchy was really interesting, Piergiorgio?
Valerija Kelava there was definitely a nice surprise.

23-01-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseup View Post
Valerija Kelava there was definitely a nice surprise.
She was exactly the one i had in mind ,girl is criminally underrated. Great casting overall as well,

24-01-2018
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionPower View Post
Anyway can we shout out a HUGE RIP at Kendall's career? This is the first time she has skipped (aka not being called) a Chanel Couture show since she started her "modelling" career back in 2014. If Karl is not gonna support her anymore she'll be forced to do C-list shows (Dsquared), some New York and Fendi.
Also Gigi and Bella are not doing great either. Gigi's couture also RIP since Atelier Versace not hosting shows anymore. Bella's only supported by Vauthier, who's slightly better than a C-list but still nothing compared to Chanel
So happy that Karl is supporting gorgeous girls again (Luna, Vittoria, Kaia, Grace) and going out from the quirky-weirdo-nepotism phase (Molly Bair and instas mostly). I think that Grace is turning into a Chanel exclusive, last season she only walked (closed) for Chanel in Paris (and also got the press lookbook), same this couture season
AGREED! Luna, Vittoria, Kaia, Grace, etc. actually have talent!! So it's great to see them getting support from the most important players in the industry. And I have nothing against the Insta-girls but they are super boring with most of their work, so I'm content with their current absence from the couture shows.

24-01-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionPower View Post
At the end of the day, it's about bounding a relationship with designers.
You know that Karl is really about his "girl of the moment" thing. Kendall and the Hadid are not really "of the moment" anymore. Kaia is.

As for Luna, it's clear that she has created a good relationship with the Chanel team. She has been the face of everything fashion related this year. Vittoria has a Chanel beauty contract and a Fendi campaign...etc.

I'm bit surprised by the fact that Immaan wasn't there.

Aurelie Duclos does the casting but i would expect from beauty ambassadors to be in the show.

Good to see Mica.

24-01-2018
backstage pass

Maison Margiela was cast by Shaun Beyen

There were only 5 models of color at the show. All Margiela shows have been cast by him since Galliano's debut, and he never casts more than 5 models of color per show, at every single show they basically have always done this formula 2 black models and 2 asian models.

24-01-2018
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbam View Post
Maison Margiela was cast by Shaun Beyen

There were only 5 models of color at the show. All Margiela shows have been cast by him since Galliano's debut, and he never casts more than 5 models of color per show, at every single show they basically have always done this formula 2 black models and 2 asian models.
Not that a Margiela cast matters tbh Couture cast relevance is essentially limited to Dior, Chanel, Proenza (now that it shows in Paris), Givenchy and Valentino.

24-01-2018
front row

This gonna sound crazy but its a pity that Kendall isn't finding runaways jobs because I'd rather to see her in every couture show than in ads and magazines. She does a better job on the runaway, its so much less embarrassing.

24-01-2018
fashion icon

I think that Faretta is based in Croatia and only works when requested.

Hadid/Jenner doesn't have to walk shows tbh, they still book big money jobs.

24-01-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
At the end of the day, it's about bounding a relationship with designers.
You know that Karl is really about his "girl of the moment" thing. Kendall and the Hadid are not really "of the moment" anymore. Kaia is.

As for Luna, it's clear that she has created a good relationship with the Chanel team. She has been the face of everything fashion related this year. Vittoria has a Chanel beauty contract and a Fendi campaign...etc.

I'm bit surprised by the fact that Immaan wasn't there.

Aurelie Duclos does the casting but i would expect from beauty ambassadors to be in the show.

Good to see Mica.
Definitely!
Kaia is turning into Kendall 2.0 for Karl. Remember when Kendall started back in 2014 and booked all Chanel shows and also Karl campaign right after? Now it was just announced that Kaia will be the face of the new Karl campaign
I'm kind of surprised Anna Ewers wasn't at Chanel though...she opened the Hamburg show and also was one of the few girls who got two looks for the show (Anna, Luna, Grace and Othilia were the only one who got second outfit if I remember correctly).
Mica is another CHANEL team favorite, even though I hate when Karl and his team steal girls from other brands (remember when Mica started back at Prada exclusive and got OG campaign?)
Also shocked that Lexi wasn't at Chanel since she's another CHANEL team favorite.
I hate Aurelie's castings though cause she's always so basic and predictable, it's always a bunch of Karl favorite's and brand muses (Soo Joo, Mariacarla, Mica, etc.), girls of the moments and some filler. I just wish they could do something more extravagant and out of the box in terms of casting (like when Erin Wasson was the bride of FW2013 show)

V.I.P.

Kaia will probably be a bigger Chanel muse than Kendull because of that new Kaia x Karl collab annoucement (which is happening waaaay too soon, imo.... at least Tommy gave Gigi a couple years lmao). Those collections definitely elevate your status & relationship with the brand, but as many have already vocalized, its the biggest slap in the face to those in fashion school to be in the place of these nepomodels who got there because of their family & money.

I agree that at Chanels shows I always expect to see the same group of girls season after season. Its refreshing to see the Chanel 2014-2015 common group fade away over the past few shows.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1819, casting, f or w, model