How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

Model Casting S/S 12
NYFW starts in less than two days. Lets talk about the casting, casting directors, trends, exclusives, etc.

BCBG Max Azria casting

facebook/bcbgmaxazria

A few more pictures here
http://www.bcbgmaxazriagroup.com/fal...ionfiles&cat=4

06-09-2011
fashion icon

From style.com
Quote:
Catwalk Watch: Agnus Munro and Noah Shelley
Before a model hits the runway—and before she snags her first editorial, her first ad campaign, and her first billboard—she’s got to make it past the sharp eyes of fashion’s casting directors, who are tasked with finding the perfect girls for designers’ exacting visions. In our fashion week series, the industry’s top casting gurus share their thoughts on who we’ll be seeing this fashion week—and beyond.

Angus Munro and Noah Shelley, of AM Casting, cast Preen and Richard Chai Love, among others, in New York this season. Below, they weigh in on a few of their favorite new and new-to-us faces.

Erjona Ala (FORD): “Not a newcomer, per se. Her Balenciaga exclusive for Fall precluded her from having the stellar show season that was imminent. Set free from exclusives and emboldened by a strong editorial season, she is sure to be fast-tracked to the very top of the industry. Her strong nineties supermodel feel is the quality that sets this former Elite Model Look contestant apart from her peers.”

Juliane Gruner (SCOOP Copenhagen): “There are many times that girls picked up by Steven Meisel shine very brightly and then disappear quicker than you can say ‘Italian Vogue!’ [Gruner appeared on the July cover.] Juliane is not going to be one of them. She is a girl who has it all, facially—strength, classical beauty, and a small dose of quirkiness that will appeal to brands across the board. She also has that great Danish extra: a personality!”

Corinna Ingenleuf (FORD): “When we first saw Corinna in the late Spring, we were blown away by her. She mixes a masculinity with fragility that we haven’t seen for years. We were going to shoot her for one of the magazines we cast for as a boy, but the shoot never happened. Her frame and inherent elegance will ensure her a stellar season. Watch for her upcoming editorial in W, shot by Craig McDean.”

tfs star

Michelle Lee's(Marc Jacobs, MbMJ, Vuitton, Alberta Ferreti...) picks for S/S 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamhutt View Post
When do we open the casting thread?

Alice Cornish @ Ford

Antonia Wesseloh @ Ford

Claire De Regge @ One

Corinna Ingenluf @ Ford

Cris Herrmann @ Next

Jay @ Wilhelmina

Krystal Glynn @ DNA

Magdalena Langrova @ Next

Marihenny Rivera Pasible @ NYMM

Morgane Warnier @ Silent

Nicole Pollard @ Next

Tian Yi @ Fusion

source: interviewmagazine.com

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

Great to see Fei Fei will be at BCBG again

07-09-2011
V.I.P.

Many casting director switches this season. how about a "clients switching casting directors" thread lol

07-09-2011
V.I.P.

^Any particular reason for that? Also, do you see it resulting in many brands having 'different' casts this season from seasons past?

V.I.P.

Can the casting director switches be posted here instead? I'm curious to know.

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

that Corinne Ingenluf reminds me of Agyness D, and two casting directors mention her, so let's see...

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Every designer is on a continuous search for a model that runs synonymous to the vision of their label. It’s a casting director’s job—and talent—to scope the entire range of new faces before each season, to identify those special girls who will bring the designs to life on the runway. Jennifer Venditti of JV8INC has been in the casting business for over a decade, and can spot a fresh face with a promising future in a crowd of hundreds.

This New York Fashion Week, Venditti is casting shows from Rodarte to Band of Outsiders to Tory Burch, and after long days of seeing troves of new models we asked her who’s really got it. Check out her picks for the top 10 new faces for the season, and look out for them on the runways!

Follow Jennifer at @JV8INC for all the latest in model news during fashion week!

Quote:
Who: Saara Sihvonen
Agency: Silent Models
Why she’s top 10: “Saara comes all the way from Finland, which is a rare scouting destination for models. She is more than just a pretty face—she is confident, professional, charismatic and intelligent. I love her milky skin, and translucent coloring. Her look resembles Iselin Steiro, and her personality reminds me of Karlie Kloss. She’s the whole package... and then some!”

Who: Cora Keegan
Agency: Next Model Management
Why she’s top 10: “Cora’s look is a mix of throwback Gemma Ward and the hottest newcomer at the moment, Arizona Muse. She is on the smaller size for runway, but her face and personality make up for it.”

Who: Antonia Wesseloh
Agency: Ford Models
Why she’s top 10: “Baby Freja! Antonia could be [model] Freja Beha’s little sister. I love her translucent milky skin. A cool, yet refined girl.”

Who: Edie Campbell
Agency: DNA Models
Why she’s top 10: “This girl is a future muse to designers because of her strong sense of style, as well as her well-defined sense of self. She has a look that combines beauty with a little character quirk as well. She reminds me of Jane Birkin.”

Who: Cris
Agency: New York Models
Why she’s top 10: “Cris not only commands the room with her beauty, but with her mind and personality. She is a very sophisticated, refined beauty, and I love the uniqueness of the lone split in her teeth.”

Who: Kelly Mittendorf
Agency: Marilyn Model Agency
Why she’s top 10: “Her look is a beauty that is not so obvious to the average eye. Some may even say it’s ‘strange,’ but not to the fashion world! When you combine her uniqueness with high fashion, you get a very strong image. She could be a character straight out of a Harmony Korin or Terrence Malick film!”

Who: Karo
Why shes top 10: “Elegant, graceful and beautiful… and a body for days! Karo has the perfect runway body—long and lean.”

Who: Krystal Glenn
Agency: DNA Models
Why she’s top 10: “It is always nice when a girl comes along with a strong, unique look. Her uniqueness makes the clothing interesting, and helps give that character/beauty combination that every designer seeks. She’s ‘space age beauty!’”

Who: Nyasha Matonhodze
Why she’s top 10: “As a model, she is beautiful, stylish, professional, and charming. She intends to use her beauty to help the world with human rights issues, which makes her down right gorgeous!”

Who: Gertrud
Agency: IMG
Why she’s top 10: “She reminds me of the classic beauties of the 1980’s that were on the covers of all of the magazines. It is nice to see a womanly and powerful body. She is the classic Helmut Newton girl!”
- elle.com

Last edited by *Bianca*; 08-09-2011 at 06:19 AM.
08-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Catwalk Watch: James Scully

September 7, 2011 5:17 pm

Before a model hits the runway—and before she snags her first editorial, her first ad campaign, and her first billboard—she’s got to make it past the sharp eyes of fashion’s casting directors, who are tasked with finding the perfect girls for designers’ exacting visions. In our fashion week series, the industry’s top casting gurus share their thoughts on who we’ll be seeing this fashion week—and beyond.

James Scully casts Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera, Reed Krakoff, and Victoria Beckham in New York this season. Below, he weighs in on a few of his favorite new and new-to-us faces.

Beegee at SUPREME (left): “This is only Beegee’s first full season, but she enters the shows with the pedigree of having banked future editorials with Carine Roitfeld and Mario Testino. I expect her to be a hit right from the beginning of the week.”

Alyona Subbotina at MARILYN NY (center): “Her milky skin, white hair, and eyebrows definitely stand out. Although she may be categorized along with some of the more android-looking models, don’t be fooled. What the others lack is her personality and that catlike walk, which set her apart from the rest.”

Julia Frauche at NEXT (right): “My underdog of the season, she is a dead ringer for Raquel Zimmermann, who, in my opinion, is the ultimate chameleon with one of the best bodies in the business. Julia reminds me so much of Raquel when she started out, so I’m curious to see how her season goes. I, for one, will definitely be using her.”
—Brittany Adams

Photos: Courtesy of Supreme; Courtesy of Just WM; Courtesy of Next
style.com

fashion insider

BCBG casting?

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

So far at BCBG Valerija Sestic, Herieth Paul, Arizona Muse, Kate King, Daga Ziober...

V.I.P.

^

are you at the runway studio ?
the livestreams still arent playing at all

hope Kelly Mittenrorf is in it

08-09-2011
fashion insider

Zuzanna Bijoch!!

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

No - just twitter.

Tags