How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-09-2012
V.I.P.

Zac Posen is probably a tFS-er, lol. He seems to be just as obsessed about models as most of us are.

09-09-2012
tfs star

He definitely pulled a Wang this season, i mean, how can u top Naomi, Angela Lindvall, Karolina, Isabeli, Coco, Alek, Erin??..awesome

09-09-2012
V.I.P.

headpress.com.au

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Ofcourse, it sounds great when you put names like Naomi, Angela, Hilary, and Karolina in a show. But seriously, the rest of the Zac Posen cast was just pure filler and/or blips, which is usually the case.

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

^ agreed. some of the "smaller" names in that show were really questionable. With names like KK and Angela Lindvall in the show, I don't know why Coco was the one who closed. There's a pecking order that's not being followed.

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

The cast at Zac Posen was f*cking perfect. One of the most perfect casts for years (since 2009).

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
^ agreed. some of the "smaller" names in that show were really questionable. With names like KK and Angela Lindvall in the show, I don't know why Coco was the one who closed. There's a pecking order that's not being followed.
Coco closing the show makes perfect sense if you follow the pecking order of Zac's personal fave's.

10-09-2012
fashion elite

I found the casting at Zac Posen to be ostentatious, though I do commend him for embracing models of colour.

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Coco closing the show makes perfect sense if you follow the pecking order of Zac's personal fave's.
Yeah, I was gonna say, those two seem to be close on a truly personal level. But also, I don't think all models really care that much about opening/closing. I know Snejana has said that she doesn't because the pay is the same either way.

Anyway, any hints/gossip about MJ? We've not heard any rumors about it up to this point, so I wonder if it's going to be a subdued cast?

V.I.P.

Ofcourse models care about openings/closings. Maybe not someone on Lara's/Natasha's level, but for newer girls it can mean a lot.

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FashionVictim View Post
I found the casting at Zac Posen to be ostentatious, though I do commend him for embracing models of colour.
Agreed!

To be honest, Zac Posen is no longer a hot/must be in/top tier show for a model to walk in and in my opinion, his casting reflects that. Legendary models? Of course, but also girls with whom he has built friendships (Hilary, Coco, etc) and are likely walking for him as a personal favor.

Most of the time, his show looks like it's stuck in the early 200's (design and casting wise). People need to move on from these models and embrace new girls. I am for a sprinkling of veterans and comebacks (a la Alexander Wang F/W 2012), but a show full of girls who were hot 8 years ago? No thanks!

V.I.P.

^I pretty much agree with you 100%. Zac Posen can try to regain traction all he wants with stunt castings, but people have just moved on. And while I will NEVER not want casts full of mid-00s models (Snejana please, lol), his casts always feel so tired to me. No matter whom he casts, it just doesn't excite me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Ofcourse models care about openings/closings. Maybe not someone on Lara's/Natasha's level, but for newer girls it can mean a lot.
I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Of course it's a big deal, especially for newer models. I was talking about models like KK, Angela L, Isabelli, etc, who were at Posen and didn't get to close/open. For them, I don't think it's that big a deal.

fashion elite

Proenza Schouler casting

10-09-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssy4eva View Post
Agreed!

To be honest, Zac Posen is no longer a hot/must be in/top tier show for a model to walk in and in my opinion, his casting reflects that. Legendary models? Of course, but also girls with whom he has built friendships (Hilary, Coco, etc) and are likely walking for him as a personal favor.

Most of the time, his show looks like it's stuck in the early 200's (design and casting wise). People need to move on from these models and embrace new girls. I am for a sprinkling of veterans and comebacks (a la Alexander Wang F/W 2012), but a show full of girls who were hot 8 years ago? No thanks!
Totally agree with you. In my opinion one of the worst castings ever...

10-09-2012
backstage pass

ALOT of new girls at Marc Jacobs..... more than usual it felt

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
13, casting, model, s or s