How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

I actually thought the casting was really small, seeing as Marc generally does 50+ looks...

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
I actually thought the casting was really small, seeing as Marc generally does 50+ looks...
The whole cast may have been 'small' but there were hardly any established models there which made for a very newbie-heavy cast.

V.I.P.

I feel like that's what he's leaning towards with his recent shows. Sort of like how Prada can make or break a model's career back when Prada still meant something, I think he's trying to become that kind of show for models.

Now what about the Pierre Balmain show? Major Asian presence.

Last edited by Littleathquakes; 11-09-2012 at 01:10 AM.
11-09-2012
Mr. Magic

It's a pre-recorded show presented in Beijing last May. Excerpt from fashionologie:

Quote:
The collection, which was shown in Beijing in May and presented Monday morning as a digital fashion show, featured men's and women's looks.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
11-09-2012
V.I.P.

Ahhh makes more sense now

11-09-2012
V.I.P.

I tend to really dislike Marc Jacobs's casts... simply because I don't know 70% of the faces!

V.I.P.

I thought the Marc Jacobs casting was great. I was a bit confused when girls like Marie Piovesan and Jamie Bochert turned up since they didn't fit in with the youthful spirit of the show and the rest of the cast, but I guess he included them because they're his personal faves.
Ruby Jean was absolutely perfect opening and closing the show, she really set the mood and fitted the theme of the show so well. I didn't think there were too many new faces, I recognized much more girls in the MJ show than in many of the other ones I've seen so far.

Along with Honor and Tess Giberson the MJ casting is probably my favorite so far.

11-09-2012
tfs star

Totally agree pslocke , ruby jean was fantastic inspired choice, loved the casting none of the more insipid newbies were there , loved seeing him stay loyal to old favourites too

V.I.P.

Yes, I think Ruby Jean was a brilliant choice for Marc. She really fitted the mood of the collection.
And I absolutely loved Theyskens' casting. I don't endorse a sea of newbies, but I can't be mad at him because he chose all my favorite ones. You cant go wrong with a brunette Lauren Bigelow opening, Irina Nikolaeva, Magdalena Jasek, Marcele dal Cortivo, etc.

11-09-2012
V.I.P.

so far I'm a bit disappointed by it all...yeah there are some interesting faces but they all are bland and lifeless....I keep my hopes up for prada.

front row

great casting at pierre balmain!

11-09-2012
tfs star

Besides Ruby I wasnt into the MJ cast. Theory however, what a fine selection of fresh faces. love!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
so far I'm a bit disappointed by it all...yeah there are some interesting faces but they all are bland and lifeless....I keep my hopes up for prada.
Because that's the current trend. You won't see much different at Prada. It seems that Ashley is establishing a look for Prada and if Resort 2013 was an indication for what's to come, than I wouldn't expect frivolous faces like for example Kelly Mittendorf.
I think we are going to see clean and simple faces, perhaps also known as the blank canvas look. I personally love it.

11-09-2012
V.I.P.

I'm assuming Ruby Jean was an MJ exclusive since Nicole Miller was raving about her and then she was not in her show.

11-09-2012
V.I.P.

Jacobs came across as very pretentious to me. This kind of 'look at me, I'm so cool and ahead of the curve' anti-power casting always has that effect though. Presumably RJ Wilson and Valerija Sestic dyed their hair for the show? Very Balenciaga S/S 2011 and another gimmicky move .

One black model for an MJ show is a new low for him as well, first time since Sonja Wanda was the only one cast in S/S 2006. At least it was Grace though, who fit the show.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
13, casting, model, s or s