How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
^I don't think so. Livestream went pretty smoothly for me and I saw not a single black or asian model at Calvin Klein. What a horrid, horrid casting.
agree, except the established girls - all debuts are underwhelming

13-09-2012
fashion elite

As expected, CK hasn't yet embracing any models of colors I was actually expecting a one token Asian girl, let it be Liu Wen or FeiFei Sun, perhaps more of the former since Liu Wen has done many CK campaigns already. Same goes to the no availability of the black models too. I'm disappointed

13-09-2012
tfs star

Besides the opening/closing girl, who is stunning but really doesnt fit the esthetics of CK and some established girls especially Bette Franke, this season's casting seemed lackluster and uninspired. I dont really see any of these new faces exploding anywhere. The lack of colored models, was simply insulting. The Asian girls specifically would have fit these looks impeccably..

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuchan92 View Post
As expected, CK hasn't yet embracing any models of colors I was actually expecting a one token Asian girl, let it be Liu Wen or FeiFei Sun, perhaps more of the former since Liu Wen has done many CK campaigns already. Same goes to the no availability of the black models too. I'm disappointed
There hasn't been an Asian girl in a CK show for years now.

13-09-2012
.my prison is your brain.

It's like they found the most awkward girls imaginable and slapped them with exclusives. Gone is the clean/natural beauty look that we used to associate with a CK exclusive -- that easily could be found in plenty of girls, and definitely in girls of all colors. Lame!

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

The opening girl rather belongs in the kindergarten than on a runway. Not that she is bad, she's got one pretty (forgettable) face. Must say Calvin Klein aesthetic has never been my cup of tea, though. I am relatively shocked about the catwalk absence of natalia oberhanss and alex armstrong, hope that both of them have got something going on in Paris.

13-09-2012
tfs star

Isn't it Boina & Fernandes who does the CK casting or someone else now? It seems like those two rarely include models of colors in the shows they do.

Last edited by stellarnostalgia; 13-09-2012 at 02:39 PM.
13-09-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Someone explain to me why Ashtyn Franklin wasn't a CK exclusive?!? I would have almost bet money on that one.

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

Very bleak cast at CK. I think this time next year, if not next season, many of those girls will be struggling to book shows

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

Maida and Rami cast CK.

In a sea of newbies, Bette and Caroline stood out for me.

13-09-2012

^stellarnostalgia is actually correct also, it's Maida Boina and Rami Fernandes

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

^Okay thanks a lot for the info, I didn't know because everyone calls them Maida and Rami

13-09-2012
tfs star

The cast wasn't horrible in the fact that Tonya was one of my favourite newbies that caught my attention looking through the packages, girls I love there Bette, tilda marine, Vanessa but it seems quite disgusting and sad to have no ethnic diversity in your cast, I just don't understand it at all and can't think of any reason why anyone would cast that way

tfs star

So can we conclude Asia Piwka, Irina Krav. en Marine DeLeeuw are the breakout faces that will probably conquer the rest of the season as well?

V.I.P.

it's hard to conclude anything out of NY these days...I think, in the end, more interesting girls are emerging out of London these days, like Elena Bartels last season. But curious to see how Asia, Marine, Tamara and Wylie Hays will do...and of course Prada could be the start for some faces into the rest of Milan and Paris

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
13, casting, model, s or s