How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-09-2012
V.I.P.

^I can certainly agree with you about Michon. She looks out of this world at Pilotto. Absolutely gorgeous.

17-09-2012
V.I.P.

What's the deal with Elsa Sylvan? The only big shows she walks are associated with either Katie Grand or Michelle Lee (who work together btw).

17-09-2012
V.I.P.

Terrible week in London - in terms of casting - and the designers have no-one to blame but themselves. Even like the five big-ger girls that were in London, weren't getting cast at some big shows. Instead, Burberry, Kane, Preen, etc seemed determined to make some kind of a statement by their anonymous lineups. Do they not realize that presence of star power is at least somewhat correlated to how much attention people pay to their collections - and the LFW in general? Most of the established girls already decide to skip London, but I feel like the trend to snub the ones who are there by the 'it' brands will only lead to a more depleted model pool. And sure, go ahead, accuse me of not wanting to give newbies a chance, etc, but all cities try to do that and all three do a better job of finding a balance between the newbies and the established faces. Why can't London?

V.I.P.

does it have anything to do with that fashion week war between NY and Milan, where London kinda got caught in the middle? I know Milan flexed its muscle in the past with casting the big name girls, but maybe now it's doing it more than ever.

17-09-2012
Alluring

Quote:
Zuzanna Bijoch (EXCLUSIVE !) and Patrycja Gardygajlo took part in Tom Ford show in London !!!
D’VISION Facebook

17-09-2012
V.I.P.

I don't know how useful this post is (let me know if I'm stepping in anything mods ) , but so far the girls we know were at Tom Ford (I know we can't write the full show list until the pictures show up on Style); Ava Smith, Melodie Monrose, Kelly Gale, Marte Mei Van Haaster, Jasmine Tookes, Shanina Shaik, Patricia Gardygajlo and Zuzanna Bijoch.

17-09-2012
V.I.P.

^and according to Ava's pic from twitter, Andreea Diaconu was part of the cast as well

17-09-2012
tfs star

Jac was at Tom Ford too

18-09-2012
lost in thought

I honestly don't think London shows have been boring. If anything, impressive newcomers haven't popped out there but still, I think they have been quite stable, using cool models who are already in the scene mostly. London has had an idiosyncratic and unpretentious way of doing their shows, and it's possibly the only city who isn't in that deep in that game of exclusivity and distant casting between each show (which is only mechanics, cause there's no real interest in pushing things and nurturing talent).

Highlights for me were the Nicole Fahri casting, very gorgeous (not surprised to read it was by Munro!) and Jonathan Saunders casting too, Moa Ňberg choosing London to burst into the scene and Tsheca White making a sudden appearence at Acne and Christopher Kane.

18-09-2012
V.I.P.

looks like emily baker did quite well for herself in london!

fashion elite

Are you ready for Milan fashion week? It's almost show time

18-09-2012
fashion elite

^^And Irina K! I mean Irina Kulikova (Not to be mistaken with Irina Kravchenko :p). She did quite a lot of shows in London

18-09-2012
fashion elite

I think Francesco Scognamiglio tomorrow will do an A list show. First he said Daria Strokous will do his show and yesterday evening he posted a pic with Karmen Pedaru so i guess his show this season will have the same girls as Gucci, Bottega Veneta etc

18-09-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilhelmF View Post
I honestly don't think London shows have been boring. If anything, impressive newcomers haven't popped out there but still, I think they have been quite stable, using cool models who are already in the scene mostly. London has had an idiosyncratic and unpretentious way of doing their shows, and it's possibly the only city who isn't in that deep in that game of exclusivity and distant casting between each show (which is only mechanics, cause there's no real interest in pushing things and nurturing talent).

Highlights for me were the Nicole Fahri casting, very gorgeous (not surprised to read it was by Munro!) and Jonathan Saunders casting too, Moa Ňberg choosing London to burst into the scene and Tsheca White making a sudden appearence at Acne and Christopher Kane.

Very well said. I couldn't agree more.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualoptimism View Post
looks like emily baker did quite well for herself in london!
Probably because there were lacking top girls in London (same goes for Kulikova). I'm sorry to say this because I really like Emily and she's really beautiful but her time is over when the real top girls are showing up.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
13, casting, model, s or s