How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2012
.my prison is your brain.

This thread is to discuss the current seasons castings, but this is a good discussion going on, so I've created a new thread in ETCs called The Art of Casting : Which Brands Are The Best/Worst At It:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f96...st-190115.html

Keep it civil, enjoying everyone's thoughts on this

20-09-2012
Alluring

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
Maartje Verhoef opened
For a moment I seriously thought it was Patricia van der Vliet, so thanks for clarifying.

I guess I need to re-watch the show few times to get familiar with the new faces.

20-09-2012
trendsetter

^ yes, she looks like Patricia!
Posted via Mobile Device

20-09-2012
fashion elite

I thought Yumi Lambert was one of the best in the bunch. She really stood out & happened to got the best outfit from the collection. Plus not too forget the Japanese inspiration afterall which coincidentally fitted with her at Japanese background. Not that i'm being bias though

trendsetter

I also initially thought it was Patricia who opened Prada lol

V.I.P.

Any news about Versace or Versus?
Any surprises that we can expect?

My two cents...

This season there appears to be the worst cast of "Casting Schizophrenia" than ever before. Marc, CK, Prada each with their own visions (Not a bad thing for the brand necessarily)...if Balenciaga and Givenchy continue the trend, then it's honestly somewhat worrisome for the modeling side of the industry as a whole. The clients already possess overwhelming power, as they have an oversaturated amount of models to choose from every season, and this kind of dilution only lessens the authority of the models/agencies, with long term careers potentially becoming more and more unlikely.

21-09-2012
trendsetter

What happened to Blumarine? The clothes were tacky as ever, but they tried do make them look edgier by using 'edgier' models this time. Not the best idea...

21-09-2012
trendsetter

gosh blumarine. Last season was so sexy and now edgier girls like Marie P that don't fit the aesthetic. And a lot of newbies that can't walk well. I still remember Andreea Diaconu rocking their runway last season in a silver coat.

21-09-2012
trendsetter

Prada reminded me of the S/S 08 show which also featured a huge, incohesive lineup of exclusives. no one really made an impact imo (girls like Sasha or Vanessa don't come around every day), but i'm certain a few of them will be able to benefit from the exposure and build a nice little career. you never really know who will make it in the long run. i doubt most people thought that Sara Blomqvist would still be a runway fixture 10 seasons later or that Daria Strokous would go from anonymous filler to blue chip campaign queen. in fact, those two were among the least hyped/popular at the time, yet they are the only ones left standing (and i love them both, tee-hee).

21-09-2012
V.I.P.

Blumarine must have been cast by someone different this season. Come to think of it, I can't remember who even casts (is it in-house?). I doubt Carlyne even styled the show, but that's for another thread I guess.

21-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
gosh blumarine. Last season was so sexy and now edgier girls like Marie P that don't fit the aesthetic. And a lot of newbies that can't walk well. I still remember Andreea Diaconu rocking their runway last season in a silver coat.
I think Andreea didn't fit the aesthetics this season... I believe you don't need aesthetics, or even a face, when you can walk like that. (Of course, it helps that she's bloody gorgeous, but even if it was otherwise, man, that walk...)

21-09-2012
fashion elite

I think they changed the casting director. Blumarine was all about sexyness and it was great, this season i didn't like it at all.

21-09-2012
tfs star

Anna S. opened Versace is a very nice surprise!! I would love if she closed the show, Kasia is ok though

21-09-2012
V.I.P.

Nice to see that Versace cast models who actually fit into their aesthetic (save an odd exception here and there) and could actually walk. Anna S, Andreea, Ava, Jasmine, Tian; no complaints from me.

Quite surprised considering how "directional" and forced recent seasons' castings have been.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
13, casting, model, s or s