How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-09-2012
fashion elite

Kate King is not the strongest choice to open the Dolce & Gabbana show

23-09-2012
V.I.P.

Kate King opening Dolce was just so random and entirely underwhelming. They should've just had Zuzanna open and close if they were really short of good candidates to open.

I think Jourdan's tweet is short sighted and disingenuous tbh. I haven't noticed many brands this season "not wanting ethnic" girls (looking at it from the outside). Plenty of ethnic girls are walking top shows. Looks like Jourdan may be losing some shows she walked in the past but that's not necessarily because she's black. Girls who've been around as long as he has have mostly disappeared or are on the way out. I'm not saying it's a good system, but it's reality and Jourdan can't expect to last forever just because she's ethnic.

If it's true that Stam walked Missoni for the first time then that's awesome. It warms my heart when that happens (big girls walking a top show for the first time many seasons in). I don't even know why.

fashion elite

^I dont agree with you. I think Jourdans twitt makes perfect sence. If you look at most of the casts it only has 1 or 2 black girls just to say that its not a 100% white girls cast.
Cora was everywhere in Milan last season and shes doing quite bad compared to last season. Joan is being quite selective and the shows that she makes shes most of the times the only black girl. And then theres a bunch of new girls that I personaly love like Grace M.

23-09-2012
Zenga Zenga

I personally liked the fact Kate King opened and Zuzana Bijoch closing felt more like a weak pick to me. Kate wouldn't have been my first choice but at least it looked surprising. And I didn't spot anyone really strong in the whole cast (except Stam and Aymeline who looked truly good there) and, also, the collection didn't really appeal to my eyes as much as some previous ones did (long time ago, it seems).

23-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
If it's true that Stam walked Missoni for the first time then that's awesome. It warms my heart when that happens (big girls walking a top show for the first time many seasons in). I don't even know why.
Mine too especially last season.

23-09-2012
V.I.P.

^^^ Exactly. Although I would say that Cora is doing very well (Bottega, Versus, Marni etc.). Aside from her and Joan, most black girls have walked 5 shows tops.

On a side note I think that this is the first time that Jeneil Williams has ever shown up in Milan ...and I would consider her to be not only succesful; she's in her 7th season as well . I think a lot of agents just don't risk sending their models there if they are going to get turned away from each show. I'm not surprised that Kelly Gale hasn't shown up so far for example, even though she just came off booking Tom Ford and Christopher Kane in London.

23-09-2012
V.I.P.

But, just because these designers don't all seem to go for the same black girls, doesn't it imply that there are more of them walking since most shows probably have the same number of black girls as before? And if someone can help me out here, are there less black girls per show this season that in seasons past? Because Jourdan's tweet suggests brands say no to ethnic girls this season (as oppose to previous seasons?).

Also, why are we only counting black girls. What about Asian girls? Are they not considered "ethnic"? And there was even a WSJ article about more Asian girls walking (in NYFW) than in past seasons.

On a different note, anybody know what the deal with Anja was at Milan? Was she a Gucci exclusive, knocked up, or just choose not to do any other shows? She wasn't even at Fendi.

Last edited by MyNameIs; 23-09-2012 at 02:30 PM.
23-09-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
On a different note, anybody know what the deal with Anja was at Milan? Was she a Gucci exclusive, knocked up, or just choose not to do any other shows? She wasn't even at Fendi.
I think she was a Gucci exclusive, she has the showcard so i doubt it was a special request. Plus if she has to choose in terms of relationship i think she would have choose Emilio Pucci because they're big friends so to me she was a Gucci Exclusive.

24-09-2012
fashion elite

Cavalli had a great cast.
I was very happy that Julia opened and even happier when CBN closed it!

24-09-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaNatashaFan View Post
I don't think this season New York were that bad. We have seen Naomi Campbell, Carolyn Murphy (2 times), Isabeli Fontana (2 times), Karolina Kurkova, Erin O'Connor (2 times), Hilary Rhoda (4 times), Coco Rocha, Erin Wasson, Liberty Ross and Angela Lindvall. Last season besides Alexander Wang with Gisele, Natasha, Karolina, Frankie, Shalom and Carmen we had nothing, best casts ever probably but in the other shows nothing. I think London and Milan in terms of icons will be a desert. Finger crossed for Paris fashion week ;-)
I WAS RIGHT
Really in London and Milan NO ONE in terms of supermodels. Only Anja Rubik, probably Gucci Exclusive, Iselin Steiro - Prada Exclusive and Guinevere Van Seenus i think special request. Jessica Stam it's a comeback so it's a bit different. I think no one go to Milan because if you go there it's just for shows while in cities like New York and Paris it's different because most of them live there, they do shooting so they spend more time there. In Milan besides shows no big shooting are here so maybe this is the reason. We'll see if some supers will go to Paris Fashion Week ;-)

24-09-2012
fashion insider

It seems that a lot of the more established models or past runway champs skipped everything this season so far. It felt like it was a new generation of models, plus a few requested icons walking NY, London, and Milan this season.

tfs star

it seems like there was a core group of semi-established models that walked every show. there really was no variety.

V.I.P.

^Kati, Nadja, Bette, Daria, Aymeline, Iris van Berne were at almost every important show.

24-09-2012
fashion elite

^also Kasia Struss i think.

24-09-2012
V.I.P.

I would also add Ava and Mackenzie

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
13, casting, model, s or s