How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-09-2012
tfs star

And of course Julia Nobis takes the cake again, scientists everywhere are still struggling to find an explanation.....

24-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamine W View Post
And of course Julia Nobis takes the cake again, scientists everywhere are still struggling to find an explanation.....
Maybe I'm saying something stupid but is it perhaps possible that Julia is perhaps just a good catwalker? It seems countless of stylists/agents/designers still seem to think so after a couple of years. Something she's doing must be good.

24-09-2012
V.I.P.

^except for the fact that her look and walk are totally nothing special... you can even say ugly. But i've been asking myself the same thing about Hanne Gaby Odiele for years.

24-09-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
@yvettetang
Casting time soon! Which models will Artistic Director Marc Ascoli pick for Rue du Mail SS13 fashion show?
instagram / yvettetang
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b6c5f73c066a11e2b0f022000a1de67b_7.jpg (101.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 8cb971b0058111e2b8f122000a1e9e4c_7.jpg (123.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg e7fc50fc058011e295f322000a1e953b_7.jpg (92.1 KB, 35 views)

24-09-2012
tfs star

Julia Nobis looks absolutely stunning in clothing and photographs well on the runway. It's no surprise that she's consistently a top catwalker.

V.I.P.

Yeah, I don't get the Julia Nobis thing either. I mean, I can sort of, kind of, perhaps begin to come to understand the look, but her walk is really not great and she always sticks out in a lineup - in a bad way. I wonder if she's basically the new Freja. The sort of token androgynous girl that all the designers somehow cream over.

I'm also quite surprise by the lack fo 'stars' in Milan. Usually it's the glitzy city in terms of casting, but I'd say it was even lower key than NY.

tfs star

It doesn't bother me as much to see Julia walk for so many shows but I just don't see her as that token androgynous girl. If anything, I think that belongs to Aymeline. The only thing Julia has covered is her personality. Ok, yeah we get it, she sticks to her tomboy roots and she probably has great work ethics too but as far as her impact on the runway and even in print, she doesn't exactly ooze sexuality from every pore or have enough raw power to standout. I also think Maria Bradley is slowly but surely giving a run for her money with the whole androgyny deal. She's going through a solid season as well and her signature moody, boyish walk is certainly more appealing than Julia's neutral, whatever-let's-just-get-this-over-with walk imo.

25-09-2012
V.I.P.

i wasn't sure about julia at first but i really do understand why she gets all these shows. :-) she may not be everyones type but she definitely looks good in all the clothes and i think she wears make-up pretty well. i think personality is probably a big thing too, she seems happy and to be enjoying herself all the time, designers must love her for that.

V.I.P.

I don't think she looks good on the catwalk. I'm biased because I don't like her look in general but she just looks awkward and lazy when walking. Guess I gotta have to deal with that since she's like booking everything ( ).

fashion elite

I think this season is much better than last season in terms of casting so far. We have a better mix of blondes & brunettes, and imo the newcomers are better (Marikka Juhler, Marine Deleeuw, Tsheca White). The star power has also developed more this time around (Joan, Karlie, Daria, Karmen & Aymeline). I see all these girls as stars now. It was a hard adjustment going from Natasha, Anja, Freja & Sasha as the main stars of shows, to this newer generation of top models. Now that I'm used to it, I like it.

25-09-2012
scenester

i'm quite surprised that joan with her new no.1 ranking isn't opening or closing more prestigious shows in this recent weeks. i really thought that she would take this season by storm.

imo, this season casting is plain boring. the absent of star power such as natasha, anja and the likes are truly felt

25-09-2012
fashion elite

I'm a bit disappointed about Joan not opening many shows either, but she closed Pucci & Fendi. She also had a moment at Prabal, so I'm happy (and Paris isn't over).

It's gonna be quite an adjustment not seeing the 2007 girls as much anymore, but I'm liking a lot of the current girls.

25-09-2012
fashion elite

Talking about ICONS Carmen Kass this morning walked Basharatyan V in Milan Fashion Week, i guess it was a special request.

25-09-2012
fashion elite

i am really hoping the supers will show up in paris. i have been bored with the non-star casts in all 3 cities except fro zac posen

25-09-2012
V.I.P.

I was counting on a super Daria W. comeback this season. Paris, make it happen!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
13, casting, model, s or s