How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

I still don't get it I mean when a small B-brand like Valentin Yudashkin is even more exciting than Chloe casting(plain and lifeless). I quite enjoyed seeing those powerful models at such small brand show.

01-10-2012
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
I still don't get it I mean when a small B-brand like Valentin Yudashkin is even more exciting than Chloe casting(plain and lifeless). I quite enjoyed seeing those powerful models at such small brand show.
It's the definition of "small B-brand" that might be incorrect, then. Of course, in Paris' fashion world, Yudashkin doesn't appear as one of the highlights of the week. But, if I'm not mistaken, he is very well-known in his own country and had big jobs there (don't remember exactly what it was but it was pretty huge). That means he's got the money required to hire bigger names at his shows in Paris, even if his collections don't make the headlines there.

Last edited by penny609; 01-10-2012 at 11:26 AM.
01-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaNatashaFan View Post
Until now the best cast of the season was Zac Posen but there are still Saint Laurent, Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Miu Miu. I hope they'll surprise us (which i doubt)
How can anybody tell that Zac Posen was the cast of the season? That cast was shown as lack of experience. I mean, you had all those amazing models. But first not all of them fit the colection, second when you have a cast like that you need newbies to offset and he had none, third other than the supermodels there were just rrunway fillers and models that are out a long time ago.
So Zac Posen had amazing casting choices but overall was very weak.

Best cast of the season may be something like Stella becuas eit was very sold. That is a case of amazing casting, every model made sence on that colection.
Givenchy had a great cast, I hardly like their casts but they had great newbies this season (even tho I would like to see a super in the midle like Kristen M. for example)

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

Jim Shi ‏@jimshi809
Hedi cast all new girls from internet & Lily McMenamy(Kristen McMenamy's daughter) as exclusive 4 Saint Laurent show

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
Jim Shi ‏@jimshi809
Hedi cast all new girls from internet & Lily McMenamy(Kristen McMenamy's daughter) as exclusive 4 Saint Laurent show
Sounds pretentious. I hate it already, lol.

And I still can't believe they changed the name/logo of the brand. "Yves Saint Laurent" and "YSL" name and logo sounded and looked AMAZING.

V.I.P.

Hold up. Are we talking about the cast being completely made of newbies, or are there just a few exclusives? Please say it's the latter. Please say it's the latter.

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

Not all are newbies. I see Hanne and Julia N. opened. Great, my favourite girls...

Last edited by anlabe32; 01-10-2012 at 01:47 PM.
01-10-2012
fashion elite

ahahahha @anlabe32
Julia anyway is on fire. She opened Roberto Cavalli and now Saint Laurent (super huge in general, especially for a first collection with a new designer). I bet she will have an amazing campaign season..

01-10-2012
.my prison is your brain.

She didn't even fit the vibe of this collection in my opinon. I am beyond baffled by her dominance this season.

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

^I'm baffled by all her success she's had so far...

01-10-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
Hold up. Are we talking about the cast being completely made of newbies, or are there just a few exclusives? Please say it's the latter. Please say it's the latter.
i would actually prefer the first option. his early menswear castings consisted of boys from the streets and it worked out really well, i think. i would appreciate it if he stayed true to his roots.
i don't really get what new models 'from internet' means. like, similar to how justin bieber was discovered?

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

What a B-list cast so far... Why would you want Edie Campbell in your show.
I dislike him already.

01-10-2012
French Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
She didn't even fit the vibe of this collection in my opinon. I am beyond baffled by her dominance this season.
Too true.....but this seems to happening with much more regularity.
Nothing against Julia but she is a very lacklustre runway model and yet she is everywhere. She was one of the 3 most visible models last season and I thought that was a one-off, but clearly not and designers are all over her again.

There have been some fairly bizarre casting choices this season, but I'm thrilled by the success of Iris Van Berne and Tilda Lindstam (who isn't a newbie btw, and folks should stop banging this home to anyone who'll listen), also Kinga Razjak working her runway magic yet again and newcomers Marine DeLeeuw, Marikka Juhler and Tian Yi. Also need to add the best 'catwalker' around right now the flawless Andreea Dianconu.

fashion elite

Julia also closed
Opening and closing
I guess she will probably front the campaign

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

I'm not surprised at all about the cast at YSL. I said that I didn't think Hedi would let a cast steal the spotlight from him and seems I was right. With that said, it was still kind of disappointing with just how pedestrian it was. I don't even know if I would call it bad as much as non-special. I think I would want my debut collection to look and feel as special as I can - cast included. Instead, we have Julia Nobis opening and closing, lmao. Hanne, another big star. A bunch of who knows who. I suppose Iselin and Cat were somewhat interesting, but ehh...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
13, casting, model, s or s