How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2012
fashion insider

Kate King skipped the entire week in Paris, judging from some comments on her instagram, so I don't think she isn't just not getting booked? I agree with the Ros Georgiou comments though... it's really sad to see what happened to her this season and I guess it's just an indicator of how fickle this industry can be and how hard longevity is to come by these days. We'll see what next season has in store for her I suppose.

Anyway for me, the biggest casting shock was no Marie Piovesan at Céline ... I'm still scratching my head about that one

Also Frida G was only recently in hospital (hence why she skipped all of Milan) and a few days ago she posted from Paris about 'being sick and tired of always being so sick and tired' so maybe she wasn't up to walking a huge amount of shows. Still doesn't explain why she wasn't at Lanvin/Valentino (probably just a poor casting decision imo, she has always been a Lanvin/Valentino girl ever since her debut), but may explain her absence at some of her other usual (and smaller) shows. At least she did ok in NY. Bad seasons are just one of those things that happen sometimes I guess. It's always impossible to predict (look at Katryn Kruger in New York for example, I wasn't expecting her to bomb at all, let alone bomb that badly) and even harder to understand the reasons behind it. For some models, a bad runway season doesn't seem to translate at all to a bad print/campaign season (just look at Daphne and Arizona, they still did perfectly fine in that regard after their lackluster runway seasons, which is what really matters in the end).

Speaking of Valentino, I found the lack of any diversity appalling. This industry is so warped sometimes.

02-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexagon sun View Post
Anyway for me, the biggest casting shock was no Marie Piovesan at Céline ... I'm still scratching my head about that one
See, for me an even bigger casting shock has been seeing Marie Piovesan anywhere. I. JUST. DO. NOT. UNDERSTAND.

fashion insider

^ Haha, I love Marie so I'm thrilled to bits, but I can see why some people may not. To each their own.

There's no denying she's a Céline girl through and through though, it just seemed inconceivable to me. Oh well.

Other girls who I have loved seeing everywhere: Tilda Lindstam, Caroline Brasch Nielsen, Kasia Struss, and Julia Nobis. It seems I'm totally in the minority with the last one, but I couldn't care less

Any thoughts on Joan Smalls? Some people in her thread are talking about whether she just isn't getting booked as much as she used to/is being selective/has been busy shooting the House of Style.

Last edited by hexagon sun; 02-10-2012 at 07:59 PM.
02-10-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesdays child View Post
33 inch waist is large for a woman especially a model.. Do you mean 23 inches and below ?
Posted via Mobile Device
glad that was clarified, I was so confused haha, 33 inches is not small

fashion elite

joan small has never been a runway star. she did good the last few seasons but wasnt a star on the catwalk.

02-10-2012
tfs star

Weird season indeed.
I'm not really that impressed with this season's newcomers either. We go from dynamic girls like Elza and Vanessa to... Antonina and Tilda? Yeah no thanks. Though I do like Grace Mahary but the way it's been for black models she'll probably be on the outs in a season or two.

backstage pass

Miu Miu Casting Board...

I guess they blurred it to keep everything still secretive! :p

Miu Miu's Facebook

V.I.P.

^anyone recognizes somebody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
^^ analabe32 Agree with all you wrote, Kate King and Ros I just can't figure out. Just curious what do you mean by Josephine Skriver was doomed to be what she is now?
She had a good first two runway seasons, but aside from being a part of a Vogue Italia editorial she has never had any significant editorial exposure, nor has she had a major campaign. And she's not very versatile, and started walking B-list shows last season.
1+1=2, she's now doomed for obscurity.

V.I.P.

I see Ruby Aldridge, Antonina Vasylchenko, Ondria Hardin and maybe Elza L at Miu Miu. It was hurting my eyes haha.

V.I.P.

LV's cast was quite un-Michelle Lee...Anna Selezneva, Anais Mali, Ming Xi, all girls she hasn't used for ages (but still no Jasmine , I don't know where the hell she even is). So that was quite nice to see a cast that wasn't so 'cool' and did have a bit of diversity.

This has to have been the strangest season ever casting-wise.

03-10-2012
fashion icon

Wow Marc sure loves Ruby

V.I.P.

I see Anja Cihoric's showcard on there.

03-10-2012
fashion elite

We still have Miu Miu and Elie Saab. I bet Miu Miu will surprise us. Elie Saab probably Karlie and Anja there...

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

i'm happy to say that ruby has surprised me in both her marc jacobs and louis vuitton appearances. really loving her new hair. this season has definitely be so weird casting wise! there are a lot of models who walked some big shows but then walked shows that no one knows about? i don't really know what that's about. and quite a few girls that where in the campaign but not even on the runway? hmm weird.

fashion elite

Carmen Kass yesterday opened Shiatzy Chen, there were also Liu Wen that closed, Josephine Kriver, Mirte Maas, Yulia, Elsa Sylvan etc

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
13, casting, model, s or s