How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-09-2013
backstage pass

I think nowadays stylists are the real decision makers. If a stylist don't like a model, he/she will not walk the show. No matter what the casting director thinks. Casting directors are more and more only the link between the client and model, pretty much doing all the organization stuff.

Of course though there are designers/stylists who don't care that much about the models. This is where a casting director can really shine.

15-09-2013
trendsetter

DSquared

instagram.com/dsquared2

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

Goodness, we're not even half way through the season and there are already more 'exclusives' than anyone can keep up with. And we still have Prada, Balenciaga, Dior, Miu Miu, etc. What is the point?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Goodness, we're not even half way through the season and there are already more 'exclusives' than anyone can keep up with. And we still have Prada, Balenciaga, Dior, Miu Miu, etc. What is the point?
There is none. IMO I think many if not most exclusives are really the results of laziness on the part of an agency. Yeah it sounds great to be an exclusive but if you really want to build a girl's career, it's much better to get her in as many high profile runways as possible rather than be one exclusive in one runway show that has 10 other exclusive girls.

16-09-2013
_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
These days it seems that the best way for new models to get recognized is through the hype that comes with scoring an exclusive, granted not all exclusives find success but competing with a million new faces every season it's just hard to standout. Being an exclusive can at least increase their chances of getting somewhere fast. That's the way I see it although it all comes down to how promising the girl is and her agency's strategy for her.

Last edited by Cold; 16-09-2013 at 12:00 PM.
16-09-2013
V.I.P.

C Kane was truly disappointing. I guess I jinxed the casting declaring that it had become more diverse though .

Thank goodness that Burberry, the quinessential British brand is at least casting models that truly represent their vast, multicultural audience. Why couldn't Malaika or Kyra have snapped up the O/C slots though?

Waiting for Mr. Ford to knock our socks off tonight (and steal all the glam/top beauties away from Katie Grand and her hotmess of a Giles cast !)

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

Why on EARTH would you have a girl like Josephine LT opening a show like Tom Ford, when you have girls like Andreea, Mila, and Zuzanna as part of the cast? Majorly weird and too many fillers in the casting at Ford when you compare it to last season. Where is the sex appeal??

Last edited by ad31214; 16-09-2013 at 03:09 PM.
16-09-2013
V.I.P.

What an insignificant cast at Tom Ford. Totally disappointing.

16-09-2013
_____

Kremi is such a miscast at Tom Ford

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
Kremi is such a miscast at Tom Ford
Along with a lot of other girls...Esther Heesch

Last edited by ad31214; 16-09-2013 at 03:09 PM.
16-09-2013
tfs star

Extremely unsatisfying cast at Giles AND Ford..

V.I.P.

Did all the good models skipped London or...?

trendsetter

teaars: Why on EARTH would you have a girl like Josephine LT opening a show like Tom Ford, when you have girls like Andreea, Mila, and Zuzanna as part of the cast? Majorly weird and too many fillers in the casting at Ford when you compare it to last season. Where is the sex appeal??

Maybe because

16-09-2013
trendsetter

teaars: Why on EARTH would you have a girl like Josephine LT opening a show like Tom Ford, when you have girls like Andreea, Mila, and Zuzanna as part of the cast? Majorly weird and too many fillers in the casting at Ford when you compare it to last season. Where is the sex appeal??

Maybe because Tom Ford likes Josephine le tutour!! She is the queen of the season!!

16-09-2013
V.I.P.

Josephine was actually one of the best there. I loled at Amanda closing.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
14, casting, model, s or s