How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2013
tfs star

I guess you guys are right. I'm just hardcore missing the old Versace vibe.

20-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaultier_Bandit View Post
Can someone explain to me how Hanne G manages to walk in every blue chip show? I mean her career outside of runway is pretty much non existant. She could be a show girl, but even then her walk is pretty bad. How does she do it?
I have wondered the same thing. If I had to guess I think it is her personality, I think she has a great personality and also has a genuine interest in fashion. I think the designers and backstage people like her.

20-09-2013
V.I.P.

Cindy Bruna at Blugirl!

wwd.com

20-09-2013
Unveil Yourself....

I thought Katlin was a great opener for this particular collection actually. Her look really completed that outfit. I don't find this cast that bad...most of the girls had a great walk with some nice oomph to it. Compared to the rest of the shows this season that is. And can I just say that every cast featuring Senait Gidey feels lifted to a higher level? She needs some time and development since her skills are not quite up to par yet imo, but something about her fascinates me a lot. Lovely girl.

twitter.com/ErikP87
20-09-2013
tfs star

I found the Versace cast to be good actually. Katlin has a sexy edge to her that fits with the modern Versace aesthetics. Also, seeing Vanessa Axente walk for the show just made my day

_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
I have wondered the same thing. If I had to guess I think it is her personality, I think she has a great personality and also has a genuine interest in fashion. I think the designers and backstage people like her.
The personality angle is the most overrated and glorified answer in regards to any model with questionable longevity.

It has a lot to do with her connections. She's with one of the most powerful agencies in the world that thrives on public image and even though she's no commercial cash cow, Hanne sort of has a pseudo-cult image that's popular with "the cool people". She's big on the social scene (not the elitist side though) and she's a street style favourite.

20-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
The personality angle is the most overrated and glorified answer in regards to any model with questionable longevity.

It has a lot to do with her connections. She's with one of the most powerful agencies in the world that thrives on public image and even though she's no commercial cash cow, Hanne sort of has a pseudo-cult image that's popular with "the cool people". She's big on the social scene (not the elitist side though) and she's a street style favourite.
I think that what I am referring to as personality and you are referring to as "pseudo-cult image" are synonymous, as I stated before, she is someone that the designers and others like having around and you are saying that she is "popular with 'the cool people.'"

While it is true that she is with a well-connected agency, IMG, being on their huge board has not helped other models walk blue chip shows season after season.

I suspect that another factor is that because she is not a "commercial cash cow" that her rate is not a barrier.

Last edited by agee; 20-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.
20-09-2013
_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
I think that what I am referring to as personality and you are referring to as "pseudo-cult image" are synonymous, as I stated before, she is someone that the designers and others like having around and you are saying that she is "popular with 'the cool people.'" She is with IMG, which is an undisputed powerhouse, but their status has not helped other models on its huge board go beyond a couple of seasons.

I suspect that another factor is that because she is not a
"commercial cash cow" that her rate is not a barrier.
Their marketing isn't the same for every model. Plus her being somewhat of a party monster really helped bolster connections.

20-09-2013
V.I.P.

I'm so done with Tilda being everywhere.

20-09-2013
V.I.P.

Who casts Iceberg now?

20-09-2013
V.I.P.

The Michelle Lee/Versace relationships needs to come to an end. The Versace cast just gets more horrific as each season goes by. I don't even want to talk about it. Only about 5 of the girls in the show could actually give you that walk needed for the show.

Etro and Tod's had really nice casts today.

21-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Definitely. Suck a weak cast, so many fillers. She needs to stop with Lindsey, it's becoming annoying. And Hanne... yuck

And i'm surprised about Ava as well. Not only the hair and walk are awful, but she has zero print work.
Don't you think that 'yuck' is a bit of a harsh thing to say about a person? Even if you don't think someone is a good fit for a show, models are human beings with feelings.

21-09-2013
fashion insider

Roberto Cavalli S/S 2014

instagram/roberto_cavalli

21-09-2013
V.I.P.

^

instagram.com/thespoon

21-09-2013
V.I.P.

Great to see Liya and Karolina at Ermanno Scervino. Definitely better than the Bottega casting. Who casts the latter by the way? Oh, I also love the cast at Cavalli. A nice mix of newbies and veterans.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
14, casting, model, s or s