Model reality shows in other countries - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
26-01-2005
fashion icon

Australia used to have 'Search for a Supermodel' a few years ago - the last one (there were 3 in all), the winner was Nicole Trunfio and Gemma Ward was discovered there

26-01-2005
backstage pass

Wow ! Nicole Trunfio and Gemma Ward was discovered on a reality show ?! That's extreemely succesfull for a reality show to create stars like that. I wonder how come ANTM aren't able to do that.

front row

Vala Thorsteinsen (spelling?) I remember she was with Supreme for a while. She might still be, I just haven't looked.
I've seen the other girl too. She looks really good.

I remember there was an FTV show "Model Flat" wth girls from all over the world. I wished I had that channel because it seemed like they were having so much fun living in Milan.

Also if you go to www.ftv.com, there's a "scripted reality" show called "Shoot Me." It's pretty funny. It follows a new model around London. The lead girl (Alexa Chung) was with Isis and now is with Storm and the Russian chick (Natalia) with curly hair was with Select last time I checked.

26-01-2005
fashion icon

http://www.geocities.com/kyootv/model.html Scroll towards the end and you see Nicole Trunfio (I can't find much about this show anymore, sorry, the official website's been taken down ) The winner (Nicole) ends up going to Ford's Search for a Supermodel comp, and I think Nicole took out 3rd place or something. Gemma Ward appeared in the first episode when they were doing the rounds - going to each state and having a huge casting call. She was there supporting her friends but someone working with the show urged her to try out as well - she did and got into the second heats I believe but didn't progress any further in the comp, however she was immediately signed up with the agency who was associated with the show (Viviens).

26-01-2005
Team Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicciolina
http://www.geocities.com/kyootv/model.html Scroll towards the end and you see Nicole Trunfio
i heard that Tiah recently signed with Ford NY? and i always liked Kate Peck, but she looks so weird now... her pics on viviens' site are not so impressive

26-01-2005
trendsetter

Talking about model shows... I just saw an advert on the TV and they're doing another model show in the UK on Channel 5.

I might enter for a laugh - I doubt very much I'll get anywhere

26-01-2005
trendsetter

Here's the contestants in the Norwegian version of ANTM:

The show hasn't started yet, but I'll post more pics after it has.

26-01-2005
trendsetter

That blonde girl in the stripy bikini has a reeeally long arm!

26-01-2005
trendsetter

Four of the contestants with the host in the middle:

Contestant Kristin Rem Trehjørningen

26-01-2005
trendsetter

Kine Bakke, 21 yrs

Amila Vickic, 19 yrs

26-01-2005
scenester

OOH i've always been wondering if there's more reality shows like antm around the world.. i mean since there's like american idol/canadian idol/australian idol/world idol n those miss China Miss Japan Miss Finland competitions....

K wow so this thread answered by question

I m really loving the people from Denmark... but the australian models.. NOOOOO

hahah no i m waiting for a Canadian one to come out so I can maybe join...?

Oh and America had that "manhunt/america's most gorgeous model" thing wif carmen electra... I liked watching that too...even though its definately not very professional n cheesy but its funny wif hte "imbedded model" and what not...

27-01-2005
backstage pass

The Danish version of ANTM, coming this spring. This is definately a Danish version of ANTM (just look at the picture above ), whereas the other show was an original one.

front row

Wasn't the winner of Model Behaviour called Jenny? She was Welsh, had blonde hair and a baby. She was on the front of Cosmo. The second winner was on the conver of Glamour. Was she brunetee? I can't remember. Anyone know where the contestants are now?

27-01-2005
I'll bossanova with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky
Wasn't the winner of Model Behaviour called Jenny? She was Welsh, had blonde hair and a baby. She was on the front of Cosmo. The second winner was on the conver of Glamour. Was she brunetee? I can't remember. Anyone know where the contestants are now?
Jenny Richards:

I really liked her look... I have nooo idea what she's doing now.

27-01-2005
I'll bossanova with you

And yeah, I found some info about the Swedish Top Model which will air this spring. As you may already now, Mini Andén will be the host. The girls will be staying in NY, and in the end the girls that are still in will compete against chicks from Norway and Denmark.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
countries, model, reality, shows