How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-08-2010
trendsetter

I have a question:
What does an agent, booker, manager do?

31-10-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
I have a question:
What does an agent, booker, manager do?
They do sort of what their name entails. They manage and book models. So they are supposed to actively seek out clients for their models to shoot for and to walk for, and then they negotiate contracts with these clients. Models opt for having these people because many times models don't have the contacts needed to sustain themselves. A booker/manager is to keep their ear to the ground to find out who exactly needs what, and then connecting their models to that opportunity and working out all of the details so the models only have to model.

Sometimes though there is a differentiation. Larger agencies may have bookers, who just book jobs plain and simple. They may not do much else but book jobs. Some models will have a manager in addition/instead of this because they want someone that is going to look out for their best interest. Instead of just booking jobs a manager may be looking towards long term and also the bigger picture while a booker may only be interested in getting a job now.

13-12-2010
trendsetter

slightly confused about stats, some people measure waist on women at their bellybutton, others measure the waist at the smallest part of a women's abdomen?
And where exactly is hips measured at?

tfs star

hips - Over the bum, at the largest measurement of the hips

waist - at smallest measurement

23-01-2013
front row

What is the difference between the "image" and the "woman" section on the page of modeling agencies?

fashion elite

What does it mean when TFS posters say that a model looks "expensive"? I see this word in many model threads, but no one explains what it means. How would someone tell an expensive face from an inexpensive face?

20-03-2013
fashion elite

Bump.... I'm hoping someone please answer this for me.

06-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint condish View Post
What does it mean when TFS posters say that a model looks "expensive"? I see this word in many model threads, but no one explains what it means. How would someone tell an expensive face from an inexpensive face?
speaking for myself & i guess when i say someone looks "expensive", i mean that their look is beyond otherworldly gorgeous.. That they possess this aura of grace, poise & are soo captivatingly BREATHTAKING that they're naturally suited to sell the most richest, sumptuously items & can make the cheapest, shabbiest of clothes look high end & expensive:p. It's pretty much inconceivable to call them mere mortals cuz mere mortals don't look like this...

ex- Shanina Shaik & Anais Mali

source: modellove.co.uk

there are a bunch more but those examples are off the top of my head so i hope this help somewhat

Last edited by modelista; 06-04-2013 at 03:54 PM.
12-05-2014
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitzeria View Post
What is the difference between the "image" and the "woman" section on the page of modeling agencies?
The "Image" board is for models who are more editorial. The "Women" board is more commercial...the models shoot more money jobs and tend to be older.

1 Week Ago
front row

Wilhelmina agency board
Ok, this might be an odd question, but maybe you can help: I don't understand the Wilhelmina board and its sections.

DEVELOPMENT is pretty clear, as well as CURVE and FITNESS. But what are the differences between

IMAGE - MAIN BOARD - DIRECT - DIRECT2 - RUNWAY?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, link, modeling, post, terms