How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFashion
Evexa, depends on you and what part of the industry you have potential to work in - the world of fashion has such a wide spectrum - we have a younger group of girls who are more high fashion - we have our beauty catalog editorial type of girls - and then we have the girls who are more lifestyle. and obviously everyone has their opinion on age and such... when did you come in? if you dont mind me asking
I came in in July/August, can't remember the exact date unfortunately
And yeah, you have alot of diversity which is nice!

24-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFashion
Evexa, depends on you and what part of the industry you have potential to work in - the world of fashion has such a wide spectrum - we have a younger group of girls who are more high fashion - we have our beauty catalog editorial type of girls - and then we have the girls who are more lifestyle. and obviously everyone has their opinion on age and such... when did you come in? if you dont mind me asking
Which department do you work it btw?

24-01-2005
I love model_mom!

Many young girls are dying to become models and will do practically anything to make it happen. The industry knows that the younger the girls are - the easier they are to manipulate. Especially if there is not a parent traveling everywhere with them. This is very scary, but true. Of course there are some cases where the young girl/boy makes good decisions and comes out doing very well on their own, but I would bet that each young model has some sort of story where they were asked to pose in clothes (or lack of clothes) and were made to feel uncomfortable. It is wonderful that there are young models who can stand up for themselves and say no or walk out of those situations, but that just isn't always the case. I personally believe that 17 is a good age for a young model to start pursuing their modeling career.

backstage pass

Whats the norlal clothes size for a female model? (english size) and is there a height limit 'cause i've heard all sorts

24-01-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashatheelf
of course, these days, im happy to show my tits to the world.

I didnt have an opinion about this but having read the entire thread, especially model_mom's valid points, I think im against it.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithillien
Whats the norlal clothes size for a female model? (english size) and is there a height limit 'cause i've heard all sorts
UK 8-10
Height 5'9 min. unless you have an amazing face or are very young.

24-01-2005
I love model_mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithillien
There are several topics on this. Here is one:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ghlight=weight

backstage pass

Thanks Well im 5ft 11, 17 and a size 8-10 but most of the models look much skinnier than that

24-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof

I didnt have an opinion about this but having read the entire thread, especially model_mom's valid points, I think im against it.

24-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashatheelf
when i had just turned 16, in ny for the first time, i booked Vellum magazine's top 10 new faces...since it was just a subsection of the magazine they told my bookers it was gonig to be a tasteful portrait, but when i got there i found it to be a bunch of see through undies, thongs, etc. thankfully i had the guts to stand up for myself and get out of there....i was extremely uncomfortable with it.

and my booker was anything but mad at me, she was proud, thank god. or i'm not sure id still be modeling these days. hahaha.

of course, these days, im happy to show my tits to the world.
It's Vellum. What were your bookers thinking???

19-02-2005
windowshopping

young girl on the runway
i saw this girl from the London fashion week 05-06
she is so young looks like 10 years old....
what's the obssession with young girls from designers lately?

19-02-2005
scenester

I totally agree. I really don't like those really young models. Why are girls who are 20 years old not good enough anymore? And all those children have to go to school don't they?

Last edited by Pinki; 19-02-2005 at 02:32 AM.
19-02-2005
princely

wow she looks so young, but shes prop 17 or something..either way the obsession with the younger girls dosen't look like its going to stop anytime soon...

19-02-2005
Unveil Yourself....

Sadly enough I can't see the pic. Personally I think that 16 is the limit on runways, 15 is already too young for my sake...

twitter.com/ErikP87
19-02-2005
tfs star

i can not see the picture

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
age, model, young