How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-10-2004
backstage pass

oo i like carla's. linda's looks like a pueblo in the middle of nowhere

09-10-2004
fashion elite

Ew. Completely agree with AYLI.

Reanimated

Claudia S.'s "palace" is Totally boring- looks like a large home in any random suburb.

Bruni's is

AYLI- I had an ironing board that came out of the wall in my first ever NYC apartment I loved it! The kitchen was very similar to yours with tons of glass-fronted storage built into the walls. I really like your dinign area-- nice floors

10-10-2004
princely

i dont like linda evangelista's house. but on the topic of big houses, i like big houses as long as they arent giant 10,000 sq foot homes with huge echoing halls and rooms.

10-10-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Quote:
Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Oct 10 2004, 12:28 AM
Claudia S.'s "palace" is Totally boring- looks like a large home in any random suburb.

Bruni's is
AYLI- I had an ironing board that came out of the wall in my first ever NYC apartment I loved it! The kitchen was very similar to yours with tons of glass-fronted storage built into the walls. I really like your dinign area-- nice floors
[snapback]392282[/snapback]
Thanks! I bet your first apartment and my house were from a similar era. My house was built in 1926. The whole house has hardwood floors, 'cept the kitchen and bathroom, of course.

backstage pass

These are in france, italy..? this might explain some differences.

10-10-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 9 2004, 05:52 PM
I don't like mansions. I don't care for most of the architecture of modern buildings, and I think it is awfully pretentious to have a great big house like that just for a single-family residence.

If I were all posh, I'd get a house like this one, and have it fixed up just perfectly--totally restored woodwork, art-noveau stained glass accents in the windows, AGA-type stove, brass hardware, eclectic furniture. Basically, I'd have the deluxe version of what I already have.

I don't see the point in having this big, blocky, behemoth of a house when you can have something completely adorable or endearingly absurd or completely barking mad that has some real architectural style and a bit of history.

Seriously, those model-mansions look like some kind of industrial complex. The one girl is lucky to live by the sea and have some nice landscape all around, but the house looks awfully uninviting. A turn-of-the-century foursquare looks like a lot more human-friendly, comfortable habiliment to me. Who wouldn't want to go right up on this front porch and lounge with a big glass of iced-tea?

Mansions are overscaled beyond the comfortable scope of human life. I bet the women who own those houses only ever use about three or four rooms in there on a regular basis. Even in most modern suburban houses, there are large expanses of space that are never used. I like the old Volkswagen slogan "think small" when applied to houses. Too many houses are mostly composed of wasted space. If you go back to the old Craftsman houses, you find a lot better use of space, with built-in furniture elements, layouts that encouraged communication from one room to the next, and charming little decorative touches that kind of catch you by surprise, and amuse, rather than impress.
[snapback]391944[/snapback]

Nice post!!! I agree with you for the most part. I, too, have always been opionionated about the ugliness of modern architecture. I wouldn't really feel comfortable in such mansions. I like the quaint places, myself.

Of course, if you're rich and want a mansion... it's just a personal choice. That's what's great about being rich... mansion vs. cottage is just a personal choice...

windowshopping

Linda's mansion looks like it was inspired by ancient Egyptian architecture, with the pillars and the layout. It also looks like a tiny clay model.

11-10-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 10 2004, 09:31 AM
Thanks! I bet your first apartment and my house were from a similar era. My house was built in 1926. The whole house has hardwood floors, 'cept the kitchen and bathroom, of course.
[snapback]392520[/snapback]

My apartment is from 1923

Art Deco!!!! Arched entranceways, textured walls!!!

12-10-2004
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i like them linda's has a good colour combination the way the blue in the pool contrasts the house

meanwhile wheres Gisele and indy crawford's hse/

fashion insider

i saw naomi cmapbell's on mtv cribs and it's beautoful, well i t would be if the house is in jamaica

trendsetter

Naomie Campbell's:
http://www.mtv.com/sitewide/flipbook/index...ok_newer/&c=233

12-10-2004
tfs star

due to public demand.........Cindy's House...I think its a mansion in Hollywood Hills?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cindy_crawford.jpg (37.7 KB, 55 views)

12-10-2004
V.I.P.

clara's is very pretty

backstage pass

Models' apartments/homes
Italy Glamour | May 2008 | Scanned by blackangel41999
Daria Werbowy in her New York apartment

Last edited by twin star; 27-06-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apartments or homes, houses, models, supermodel