How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-10-2004
tfs star

Linda Evangelista's mansion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg linda_evangelista.jpg (41.8 KB, 268 views)

09-10-2004
yes

not bad, look what looks can buy you in this world

09-10-2004
tfs star

make it : "look what hairstyle and dye jobs can buy you" That's why I love my Hair!

09-10-2004
tfs star

ACID, you're early today, LOL. What's up with you and str8dudejude? can't decide who's the bottom? ahahahahahha!

09-10-2004
tfs star

Carla Bruni's Crib
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carla_bruni.jpg (36.6 KB, 260 views)

09-10-2004
V.I.P.

I love Carla's

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Linda's

V.I.P.

carla's definatly wins.

09-10-2004
tfs star

Claudis Schiffer's palace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg claudia_schiffer.jpg (46.5 KB, 187 views)

09-10-2004
front row

Carla┤s house is lovely

tfs star

Carla Bruni, she's a very famous 90's model that came from a very wealthy Italian family.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carla.jpg (9.6 KB, 58 views)

09-10-2004
tfs star

hold a minute, doesn't she look like the future Mrs Donald Trump, Melania Knausse?

09-10-2004
Proponent of Plaid

I don't like mansions. I don't care for most of the architecture of modern buildings, and I think it is awfully pretentious to have a great big house like that just for a single-family residence.

If I were all posh, I'd get a house like this one, and have it fixed up just perfectly--totally restored woodwork, art-noveau stained glass accents in the windows, AGA-type stove, brass hardware, eclectic furniture. Basically, I'd have the deluxe version of what I already have.

I don't see the point in having this big, blocky, behemoth of a house when you can have something completely adorable or endearingly absurd or completely barking mad that has some real architectural style and a bit of history.

Seriously, those model-mansions look like some kind of industrial complex. The one girl is lucky to live by the sea and have some nice landscape all around, but the house looks awfully uninviting. A turn-of-the-century foursquare looks like a lot more human-friendly, comfortable habiliment to me. Who wouldn't want to go right up on this front porch and lounge with a big glass of iced-tea?

Mansions are overscaled beyond the comfortable scope of human life. I bet the women who own those houses only ever use about three or four rooms in there on a regular basis. Even in most modern suburban houses, there are large expanses of space that are never used. I like the old Volkswagen slogan "think small" when applied to houses. Too many houses are mostly composed of wasted space. If you go back to the old Craftsman houses, you find a lot better use of space, with built-in furniture elements, layouts that encouraged communication from one room to the next, and charming little decorative touches that kind of catch you by surprise, and amuse, rather than impress.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 9 2004, 05:52 PM
I don't like mansions. I don't care for most of the architecture of modern buildings, and I think it is awfully pretentious to have a great big house like that just for a single-family residence.

If I were all posh, I'd get a house like this one, and have it fixed up just perfectly--totally restored woodwork, art-noveau stained glass accents in the windows, AGA-type stove, brass hardware, eclectic furniture. Basically, I'd have the deluxe version of what I already have.

I don't see the point in having this big, blocky, behemoth of a house when you can have something completely adorable or endearingly absurd or completely barking mad that has some real architectural style and a bit of history.

Seriously, those model-mansions look like some kind of industrial complex. The one girl is lucky to live by the sea and have some nice landscape all around, but the house looks awfully uninviting. A turn-of-the-century foursquare looks like a lot more human-friendly, comfortable habiliment to me. Who wouldn't want to go right up on this front porch and lounge with a big glass of iced-tea?

Mansions are overscaled beyond the comfortable scope of human life. I bet the women who own those houses only ever use about three or four rooms in there on a regular basis. Even in most modern suburban houses, there are large expanses of space that are never used. I like the old Volkswagen slogan "think small" when applied to houses. Too many houses are mostly composed of wasted space. If you go back to the old Craftsman houses, you find a lot better use of space, with built-in furniture elements, layouts that encouraged communication from one room to the next, and charming little decorative touches that kind of catch you by surprise, and amuse, rather than impress.
[snapback]391944[/snapback]

to each his own...nothing inherently wrong with a big house as you suggest

Don't blame me: I'm From Massachusetts

At least It Ain't Bush '08
09-10-2004
trendsetter

I guess it depends on how and where you were raised. I can understand where you're coming from though. I've lived on Sullivan's Island pretty much all my life and houses are either the typical beachfront home, a cute little retirment cottage type, really historic, or an ordinary family home.

Those are the kinds of houses I find beautiful but maybe just because I've been around them all my life.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apartments or homes, houses, models, supermodel