How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
21-07-2011
  136
tfs star
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
Abbey has more camapigns ? really
as far as I know almost all the major campaigns are out, she only has Gucci
bias ? I'm just telling the truth and Sasha is more established model compared to Abbey tehy are not on the same rank !

I haven't seen any new abbey eds or covers lately, probably concentrating on her music career, well good for her
Abbey has had 2 Vogue and a Numero cover in just the last three months.

__________________
*** Tami Williams *** Vanessa Axente *** Arlenis Sosa *** Amanda Murphy *** Kendall Jenner ***
 
 
22-07-2011
  137
backstage pass
 
franki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 514
i'm new to learning about MDC rankings, so can i ask.. what weighting is given to the previous season when splitting models who are very close in ranking. because personally based on below (just campaigns and covers), i can't see how joan moved above abbey and sasha. i'm not being biased (yes, abbey is my fav, but i like joan more than sasha), im just intrigued.

Abbey
Gucci F/W11
Vogue Nippon July '11
Numero May '11
Vogue Russia April '11
Gucci Flora SS11 (third consecutive?)
Hugo Hugo Boss S/S 11
cK One S/S 11
Donna Karen S/S 11
Versace S/S 11
Rag & Bone S/S 11
Tom Ford for Women S/S 11
Tom Ford Eyewear S/S 11
Journal cover S/S 11

Sasha
Giorgio Armani F/W 11
HUGO by Hugo Boss F/W 11
Juicy Couture Fragrance F/W 11
Vogue Korea April 2011
Miu Miu S/S 11
Rag & Bone S/S 11
Alberta Ferretti S/S 11
Thomas Wylde S/S 11
Just Cavalli S/S 11
Vogue Portugal Jan 11
Vogue Korea December 2010
Vogue Nippon December 2010

Joan
Gucci F/W 11
Gucci S/S 11
Estee Lauder
Stella McCartney S/S11
Roberto Cavalli S/S11

 
22-07-2011
  138
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by franki View Post
i'm new to learning about MDC rankings, so can i ask.. what weighting is given to the previous season when splitting models who are very close in ranking. because personally based on below (just campaigns and covers), i can't see how joan moved above abbey and sasha. i'm not being biased (yes, abbey is my fav, but i like joan more than sasha), im just intrigued.

Abbey
Gucci F/W11
Vogue Nippon July '11
Numero May '11
Vogue Russia April '11
Gucci Flora SS11 (third consecutive?)
Hugo Hugo Boss S/S 11
cK One S/S 11
Donna Karen S/S 11
Versace S/S 11
Rag & Bone S/S 11
Tom Ford for Women S/S 11
Tom Ford Eyewear S/S 11
Journal cover S/S 11

Sasha
Giorgio Armani F/W 11
HUGO by Hugo Boss F/W 11
Juicy Couture Fragrance F/W 11
Vogue Korea April 2011
Miu Miu S/S 11
Rag & Bone S/S 11
Alberta Ferretti S/S 11
Thomas Wylde S/S 11
Just Cavalli S/S 11
Vogue Portugal Jan 11
Vogue Korea December 2010
Vogue Nippon December 2010

Joan
Gucci F/W 11
Gucci S/S 11
Estee Lauder
Stella McCartney S/S11
Roberto Cavalli S/S11
models.com is not updated with the models current campaign work load
add Paul & Joe F/W 11 and Biotherm Contract from Sasha
as for Joan Smalls ? because her work and no magazine cover is a Joke to per in Top 5, totally undeserving
if there is someone moving up it should be Constance and Liu Wen

if you base it on work campaigns, then Sasha has more than Abbey or Joan in their combined in S/S and F/W
there is a differnce in the work per season by these three. Sasha has maintained, that is every seaon always getting more than 1 blue chip campaign
It has always been like that for Sasha, not sure about Abbey or Joan ? well she has Estee Lauder contract that's not a merit for Top 4
then Constance and Liu should very well move in who has done more imo


Last edited by LiranYana; 22-07-2011 at 09:17 AM.
 
22-07-2011
  139
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoother View Post
Lara and Doutzen have less of a mainstream sex appeal than Freja though. Doutzen's body is so masculine it's scary..
Boooring, we get it It's not about what you think, it's what about the clients think and they would laugh at your face if you tell them you think they aren't sexy. And if you don't think they are sexy, fine, but lots of them do. Lara is very sexy. She got a great body and lots of sexappeal. Maybe you're more attracted by someone with less curves like Freja (cause you mention her), but no need to pull others down. Also, there were enough who find Lara sexy as angel. It's all based on opinions.
i don't find Doutzen sexy but she got such a beautiful angel face that it make perfect sence she is a angel.

Luxx since you are here: why isn't Marloes Horst on the list? She is sexy and she works for tons of lingeriebrands like VS and she does more sexy work then HF work.

My top 5:
1. Lara
2. Anja and Freja
3. Karlie/Sasha
4. ALK
5. Joan

And when Lara is not n1. I guess
1. Anja
2. Freja
or
1. Freja
2. Anja
rest the same.


Last edited by Forrest; 22-07-2011 at 09:20 AM.
 
22-07-2011
  140
backstage pass
 
franki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 514
^^ i agree Sasha has a better current season than abbey, but i don't at all think S/S 11 was better (unless i'm forgetting some work) based on neither quantity nor quality?? but i am open to your opinion. thats why i am curious as to what weighting is given to the previous season. im assuming some (ie the 2 seasons for each balance out, both in demand models, equal ranking)
but i think it is safe to say both have had better than joan, so i just don't get it?? not that the list technically matters.. but it does seem to matter here haha

(ps. i also went back to late 2010 for sasha's covers but not for the others. i dont know how much they count? if they do, abbey also had vogue aus in november)


Last edited by franki; 22-07-2011 at 09:33 AM.
 
22-07-2011
  141
fashion elite
 
Hoother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
Abbey has more camapigns ? really
as far as I know almost all the major campaigns are out, she only has Gucci
bias ? I'm just telling the truth and Sasha is more established model compared to Abbey tehy are not on the same rank !

I haven't seen any new abbey eds or covers lately, probably concentrating on her music career, well good for her
Abbey doesn't have more campaigns yet, but in the last three seasons there were never any rumours of her getting campaigns and all the ones she was in came out quite late. She is taking more time for her music career, but that just means she's going to be more selective, which means just as many campaigns (it's not like even she would turn down $300 000) and covers, less editorials and catalogues. Sasha's been around in high fashion for longer, but Abbey is just as established as she is. Everyone who would know of Sasha would know of Abbey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Boooring, we get it It's not about what you think, it's what about the clients think and they would laugh at your face if you tell them you think they aren't sexy. And if you don't think they are sexy, fine, but lots of them do. Lara is very sexy. She got a great body and lots of sexappeal. Maybe you're more attracted by someone with less curves like Freja (cause you mention her), but no need to pull others down. Also, there were enough who find Lara sexy as angel. It's all based on opinions.
i don't find Doutzen sexy but she got such a beautiful angel face that it make perfect sence she is a angel.
They might laugh in my face saying that, but the majority of people who don't know who the models are would agree with me. Lara may have the body, but her face is creepy and draws away any sex appeal. I don't actually find Freja that sexy really, I just said her because everyone else was using her as an example. I honestly don't believe anyone (besides her fangirls) found her sexy in the VS show.

__________________
like a boss.
Abbey Bregje Codie Dempsey Ginta Heather Lily D
Please stop saying 'fierce'.
 
22-07-2011
  142
backstage pass
 
franki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
It's not about what you think, it's what about the clients think and they would laugh at your face if you tell them you think they aren't sexy. And if you don't think they are sexy, fine, but lots of them do. Lara is very sexy...that it make perfect sence she is a angel.
not that i am agreeing/disagreeing (i personally find neither 3 discussed sexy haha), everyone can have an opinion. and just because your opinion might agree with some clients, doesn't make it any more (or less) important.

i think everyone would agree 'sexy' is different for everyone. i can't even imagine how hard it is to even form that list with everyones opinions clashing if its anything like here!!

 
22-07-2011
  143
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,138
^i'm not saying that my opinion is the one you should agree with, just that it makes no sense no argue about it cause its based on opinions and in the end the clients one mather as it comes to work (and the most sexy list). I find Lara sexy not only because of her body but also cause of her attitude. In the end I find Candice or Rosie wahy more sexy then Lara or Doutzen.
I find Marloes Horst a model who should defo be on the list but hey she isn't on any list sooo..


Last edited by Forrest; 22-07-2011 at 10:06 AM.
 
22-07-2011
  144
backstage pass
 
franki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 514
^ oh ok, fair enough. sorry i just read it as a little rude. my mistake.
haha its true, none of our opinions matter at the end of the day. but its still fun discussion!

 
22-07-2011
  145
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,138
^it's okay I get that often but i didn't mean to be rude or something. Good that you point it out

 
22-07-2011
  146
boop
 
Luxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,058
Hi Forrest, good question. Marloes is definitely one of the girls whose career I've been following, she is certainly in the running for sexiest. Dare I say it, she's undeniably sexy.


__________________
What do I think about the way most people dress? Most people are not something one thinks about... - Diana Vreeland
Twitter / Tumblr
 
22-07-2011
  147
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,735
it must be a huge joke if people in general think lara is less sexy than freja. a great part of lara's success is because of her huge sex appeal.

from campaigns, covers and editorials, most of them are centred around lara's sex appeal. freja's fans would think that she is a sexy beast but that is not the case of the industry. i havent seen many covers or editorials from freja that ooze sex to me but lara's is a totally different story.

regarding natasha poly, she should have ranked out of the top 3. she doesnt have much for the last 12 months.

 
22-07-2011
  148
V.I.P.
 
TREVOFASHIONISTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: N.Y.C.
Gender: homme
Posts: 14,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoother View Post
Abbey doesn't have more campaigns yet, but in the last three seasons there were never any rumours of her getting campaigns and all the ones she was in came out quite late. She is taking more time for her music career, but that just means she's going to be more selective, which means just as many campaigns (it's not like even she would turn down $300 000) and covers, less editorials and catalogues. Sasha's been around in high fashion for longer, but Abbey is just as established as she is. Everyone who would know of Sasha would know of Abbey.


i don't think this is because of work though... if we look at a model being established Sasha surpasses Abbey. Prada contract alone. Vogue covers alone. Runway alone. Campaigns alone.... now if we want to talk about who is more recognizable by people Abbey might win that one. Due to tumblr and all the hipster people Abbey Lee, Freja, Karmen, Hanne, ad all those other cool models have gotten so much attention on the web due to their style (abbey lee being one of the front runners)

__________________
Daria W.Maryna.Natasha.Sasha.Snejana
Malaika.Irene.Mijo.Cindy.Imaan
 
22-07-2011
  149
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,138
Ha thanks luxx good to hear, she is really a bombshell.
I don't know about ALK and Sasha, but most people I know that are not into fashion do know Sasha because of her face and not ALK.

 
22-07-2011
  150
front row
 
JustABoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York
Gender: homme
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoother View Post
They might laugh in my face saying that, but the majority of people who don't know who the models are would agree with me. Lara may have the body, but her face is creepy and draws away any sex appeal. I don't actually find Freja that sexy really, I just said her because everyone else was using her as an example. I honestly don't believe anyone (besides her fangirls) found her sexy in the VS show.
How silly; as if the average person watching VS had any idea who Freja was, and as if the casting agents made decisions about whom to use based on the people who do know. These people are selling a product to consumers in middle america, and that product's sale is dependent upon the perception of sex/sexiness. Of course people who don't know about luxury fashion think Freja is sexy. It's just ridiculous to suggest otherwise -- if they didn't or could never, she wouldn't have been cast in the most commercial, middle market fashion show (it airs on a broadcast network!) that exists.

This is the problem with this thread; people so frequently cross the line between saying here's my subjective opinion (obviously we all have one) and here's what's right. You see it all the time with people who radically misrepresent how much/what work a model has done when all of this information is readily available online.

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.