How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-08-2011
fashion icon

^^yes, that work is A-list, but as a whole Freja has more exclusivity around her than Anja. I am not trying to discredit any of Anja's bluechip work, but she is known to take some B-list jobs every now & then, and the #1 model does not have to do that. The #1 model also has to define their look as a new trend, imo. Look at some of the past #1s- Gemma was the face of the angelic alien model, Lara is the face of all those gap-toothed blondes walking around today. Freja is defining a new generation of androgyny. What exactly does Anja define? She is a top model in her own right, but not #1.

16-08-2011
fashion elite

so what did model like daria, raquel, giselle define in order for them to take over the top spot? your theory that a model has to define something in order to become the number one model is just plain silly. daria and raquel dont define anything in particular but they are damn good model. they scored tonnes of works which got their to the number one spot. sure if u got a distinctive look u'll get work in the short term, but in order to have the longevity in this industry u need both look and talent.

in the end, it's the amount of work that get a model to the number one spot. there's no deny that overall freja has more A-list works than anja in their career. but the ranking doesnt base on a model's works in their entire career, just their current works(within the last 12 months) that counts the most. so if anja get more print works as well as better campaigns then there's great chance she'll get the number one spot.....and vice versa.

im not a fan of either models so its no big deal whoever get to number one.

16-08-2011
User Friendly

giselle = return of the sexy model. i thought that was jammed down our throats by Vogue no? Daria was/is a class act, Raquel is the epitome of longevity/versatility. I agree than Raquel does not define anything in particular.

16-08-2011
V.I.P.

Raquel, to me, defines the anonymous-yet-omnipresent-top-model era. lol. all these girls working non-stop, landing campaign after campaign and editorial after editorial and yet so entirely unknown by the general public. Raquel sorta represents the epitome of that. she has zero fame outside of the fashion world (perhaps it's a different story in Brazil, i'm not sure), yet she has one of the most elite portfolios of any model in the past 10 years.

who were the other number ones? Gisele -- introduced the Brazilian Invasion. and like Charlotte said, "return of the sexy model" (inspired folks to book Ale, Adriana, Fernanda, etc) who was after her? i think KK from 2002-2004. she led the way for the eastern european girls that flooded the catwalks and scored the campaigns in the years following (think Natalia, Hana, Eugenia, Natasha, Snejana, etc). then Gemma - ushered in the total baby doll look. Daria was the bohemian chic supermodel. very casual and laid-back. i don't know if she was particularly influential in signalling any new trends in models or fashion, but she was unarguably deserving of the number 1 spot. then Raquel and next was Lara. she brought boobs back. and, as was mentioned, the gap-toothed trend.

Anja is having a great year, a great 2 years even. but she doesn't deserve the number 1 spot, imo. i'd give it to Freja first - and i'm not even a fan. it's not just about her being an individual and being uniquely androgynous. she's just got the sort of exclusivity at the moment. i still don't think she's ready to take the place of Lara, though.

16-08-2011
V.I.P.

Freja will be the new number 1 deal with it
lol, Anja sure she gets blue chip campaigns
but she doesnt have enough support from designers and top photoraphers
alike Inez and Vinoodh and Peter Dundas but Freja has the liking from Mario Testino to Steven Meisel and her work is more Blue Chip, Freja is the definition of a New Era of Model

Freja is Unique , has huge sex appeal that puts to shame other trying hard models , an Ethereal Beauty and has one of a kind personlaity, Freja appeals to both men and women, something Anja lacks
so no question Freja will get Lara's Spot !

altough now taking the top spot involves exclusivity, Calvin Klein e.g.
I dont know what Raquel defines, but if your looking at longevity at the back of the limelight

I only think of MariaCarla Boscono, Longevity now is always played a part
altough I agree that Anja is old Age Model she is 29 or 30 years old and may play on her advantage
in contrast to Freja who is only 23 years old. and has worked less modleing in terms of Anja's older years

Last edited by LiranYana; 16-08-2011 at 06:33 AM.

16-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
Freja appeals to both men and women

Stop.

Actually, don't stop. Where else could I find such comedy gold.

16-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
Freja will be the new number 1 deal with it
lol, Anja sure she gets blue chip campaigns
but she doesnt have enough support from designers and top photoraphers
alike Inez and Vinoodh and Peter Dundas but Freja has the liking from Mario Testino to Steven Meisel and her work is more Blue Chip, Freja is the definition of a New Era of Model

Freja is Unique , has huge sex appeal that puts to shame other trying hard models , an Ethereal Beauty and has one of a kind personlaity, Freja appeals to both men and women, something Anja lacks
so no question Freja will get Lara's Spot !

altough now taking the top spot involves exclusivity, Calvin Klein e.g.
I dont know what Raquel defines, but if your looking at longevity at the back of the limelight

I only think of MariaCarla Boscono, Longevity now is always played a part
altough I agree that Anja is old Age Model she is 29 or 30 years old and may play on her advantage
in contrast to Freja who is only 23 years old. and has worked less modleing in terms of Anja's older years
If freja will outstanding in SS12 and get more than two A-list jobs , it will no doubt that she will be the NO.1.

16-08-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
so what did model like daria, raquel, giselle define in order for them to take over the top spot? your theory that a model has to define something in order to become the number one model is just plain silly. daria and raquel dont define anything in particular but they are damn good model. they scored tonnes of works which got their to the number one spot. sure if u got a distinctive look u'll get work in the short term, but in order to have the longevity in this industry u need both look and talent.

n the end, it's the amount of work that get a model to the number one spot. there's no deny that overall freja has more A-list works than anja in their career. but the ranking doesnt base on a model's works in their entire career, just their current works(within the last 12 months) that counts the most. so if anja get more print works as well as better campaigns then there's great chance she'll get the number one spot.....and vice versa.

im not a fan of either models so its no big deal whoever get to number one.
I do not agree with your theory of quantity over quality. Look at Lara, for the past few seasons she was exclusively for Calvin Klein. She wasn't everywhere, but obviously had the impact to become #1. All of the work that Anja gets this year has to be A-list for her to become #1. In Spring 2011 Freja landed LV, Valentino, & Chanel. Anja just takes whatever job pays well, not the most prestigous. There is nothing wrong with that, it just does not make for a #1 model. Being the #1 model means that you do not settle for B-list work. Do you think Gisele, Daria, or Freja would be in a campaign for an unknown like Kurt Geiger? I don't think so

16-08-2011
V.I.P.

please no Freja for #1

how can girls/new girls look at her as insipiration? she doesnt inspire anything but sickness,boring n many more bad things. she has no personality at all!!!

beside anja has like 4 fragance deals.that is contract. n sorry but Freja is loosing momentum

16-08-2011
front row

^I guess if you want to say that Freja would not be a good role model to young girls we should get Anja. She looks really healthy.

16-08-2011
fashion icon

^^^Anja currently only has one fragrance contract- Elie Saab. DKNY & Chloe fragrances have not been renewed. Meanwhile, Freja has a Valentino fragrance. Valentino>Elie Saab

And I am not impartial to either girl. I personally find both of them to look rather healthy. Both have fresh, glowing skin, and they don't look emaciated like some girls out there. Freja is rather boyish, but she still looks healthy

Last edited by valliaddict; 16-08-2011 at 10:53 AM.

16-08-2011
V.I.P.

^

what about fendi?

16-08-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
I do not agree with your theory of quantity over quality. Look at Lara, for the past few seasons she was exclusively for Calvin Klein. She wasn't everywhere, but obviously had the impact to become #1. All of the work that Anja gets this year has to be A-list for her to become #1. In Spring 2011 Freja landed LV, Valentino, & Chanel. Anja just takes whatever job pays well, not the most prestigous. There is nothing wrong with that, it just does not make for a #1 model. Being the #1 model means that you do not settle for B-list work. Do you think Gisele, Daria, or Freja would be in a campaign for an unknown like Kurt Geiger? I don't think so
i wouldnt put freja on the same league as gisele and daria. and actually daria and gisele would appear on an unknown brand if they get their rates for eg daria appeared on joseph and oroton which are relatively unknown.

i dont understand your theory of not getting B-list work in order to be number one. both quality and quantity are taken into account when it comes to ranking. right now, if mdc moves lara to the icon list then freja will be number one. but six months from now no one knows what will happen, if anja scores more works(combination of quality and quanity) than freja, then anja surely will get the number one spot.

right now i see anja is gaining momentum and freja is losing momentum. so six months from now things could be different compared to now. when it comes to chanel, i see freja has ran her course so it would be silly if karl use her again. so if freja loses chanel contract then things could be a whole lot different.

16-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
so if freja loses chanel contract then things could be a whole lot different.
YES,that's a very important point in this event!
So , only one thing we can do is wait and see what happened in the next six months.

16-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freud View Post
^I guess if you want to say that Freja would not be a good role model to young girls we should get Anja. She looks really healthy.

Best comment ever, Freja I think appeals more even to young girls
as they can relate to her more. Freja has very distinct style and her
personality shines through. Anja is boring and has no appeal at all

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings