How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-08-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatJenahMckey View Post
I just noticed Agyness Deyn is back on the list at 24

(can't wait for everyone to flip out )
april's fool was a few months ago!!!!

18-08-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
april's fool was a few months ago!!!!
Well let's see, Nimue switched to Next so that was one less girl from Women so they had to find someone else from Women to fill that slot so there we have Agyness. Like I said before, the number of girls from IMG and Women each rarely ever changes. When one of their models leaves, poof, another one from the agency lands on the list.
Let's face it, two so-so campaigns and Agyness is back on the list? I can think of at least five other girls who have landed better campaigns and/or editorials in the past two/three months who should be on the list instead of Agyness.

18-08-2011
fashion elite

alana zimmer has hermes only girl campaign and that is a blue chip campaign. where is she on the list?

18-08-2011
front row

Eventhough Hermès doesn't seem as blue chip as it used to me, I agree that should justify getting reranked if we take into account that basically every important campaign is taken by the top 20 or Icons or actresses and the rest of the Top 50 only have very few great bookings. She also has Daks by the way.

18-08-2011
V.I.P.

WTF Agyness deyn back on the list ?
If they wanted from Women , they should rank Kristina Salinovic
Vogue Italia, 2 compaigns and continued editorial presence

Icons list some are not doing much
Naomi Campbell deserved her spot now at No.8 , the only remaining original supers still making presence other than Claudia of course, Kristy and Linda should switch places. Raquel getting No.10 is deserved she is the campaign queen for Fall 2011. Guinevere and Amber should switch places

Top 5 Icons ranking.

1. Kate Moss as I have said is the only iconic supermodel in its entire existence
she has done everything and must be given No.1, long overdue

Gisel deserves No.2 , she only has Ipanema Campaign ??? , although Gisel is well known too but Kate is Greater than Gisel , imo .

Natalia needs to move back to 3. her Guerlain F/W 11 and Etam F/W 11 Contracts, Givenchy F/W 11, New Oscar De La Renta Fragrance and Stella McCartney F/W 11 and of course continued editorial and magazine cover presence

Daria switch with Natalia to No. 4
Stefanel F/W 11, Lancome F/W 11, Joseph F/W 11, Hugo Boss F/W 11
and Salvatore Ferragamo F/W 11 but not that Blue Chip

Carolyn Murphy still No 5 ?
does Carolyn still have her Estee Lauder Contract ?

Last edited by LiranYana; 18-08-2011 at 09:50 PM.

18-08-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post

Natalia needs to move back to 3. her Guerlain F/W 11 and Etam F/W 11 Contracts, Givenchy F/W 11, New Oscar De La Renta Fragrance and Stella McCartney F/W 11 and of course continued editorial and magazine cover presence

Daria switch with Natalia to No. 4
Stefanel F/W 11, Lancome F/W 11, Joseph F/W 11, Hugo Boss F/W 11
and Salvatore Ferragamo F/W 11 but not that Blue Chip

Carolyn Murphy still No 5 ?
does Carolyn still have her Estee Lauder Contract ?
actually daria's campaigns are alot more blue chip than natalia's. givenchy in a high fashion sense has more prestige than hugo but commercially hugo is so many times bigger. and the fact that daria is the only girl in the campaign makes it more prestigious than a multi-girls campaign. sorry but salvatore is way more prestige than stella mccartney, this is a company that has a billion dollar in sale and advertise in almost any fashion magazine. and lancome..........need i say more. and u have to look into last season campaigns too.

bottom line is that, the icon list is based on works of the last 3 years not 1 year like the regular top ranking.

i just read somewhere, perhaps mdc, that carolyn has renewed her contract for a few more years. im pretty sure i read that on her current interview on mdc.

18-08-2011
V.I.P.

O_o Agyness Deyn,really!?

18-08-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
O_o Agyness Deyn,really!?
I can't take it either. The fact is the 2007 girls are just that- 2007. MDC needs to stop trying to make them happen again. Caroline Trentini & Agyness have no business being near the top 50 anymore.

18-08-2011
tfs star

Im i smelling a VI September solo girl cover??.but maaaaan, not even that can get you a 24th spot...wtf???? lol

18-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
actually daria's campaigns are alot more blue chip than natalia's. givenchy in a high fashion sense has more prestige than hugo but commercially hugo is so many times bigger. and the fact that daria is the only girl in the campaign makes it more prestigious than a multi-girls campaign. sorry but salvatore is way more prestige than stella mccartney, this is a company that has a billion dollar in sale and advertise in almost any fashion magazine. and lancome..........need i say more. and u have to look into last season campaigns too.

bottom line is that, the icon list is based on works of the last 3 years not 1 year like the regular top ranking.

i just read somewhere, perhaps mdc, that carolyn has renewed her contract for a few more years. im pretty sure i read that on her current interview on mdc.
yeah I agree though last season Daria had more camapaigns last S/S 11 than Natalia but Natalia has mostly OG Camapigns too for F/W 11 her Etam and Guerlain contarct , Stella McCartney and Oscar De La renta Perfume is OG. and Hugo Boss I never thought it as more prestigious, sure it racks more sales but I always thought of Hugo Boss as more commercial.

I didnt know Icons list base their ranking for 3 years so that means Carolyn renewed her Estee Lauder ? she doesnt get much camapigns these days other than her fixture estee lauder contract renewed .

and lol by putting Agyness Deyn.
they need to rank back Lily Donaldson

Last edited by LiranYana; 18-08-2011 at 11:54 PM.

19-08-2011
V.I.P.

Agyness was such a flash-in-the-pan. seriously, she EXPLODED into the modeling world. and she really gained some public recognition, as well. like, she could have been on her way to genuine SUPERMODEL status ... but then she just stopped modeling, didn't she? or perhaps the interest in her dried up? or she was simply the representative of the whole "hipster movement" thing which has sorta died down. her trend ended.

i don't know the reasons, but i thought she was very exciting at first, and i enjoyed her face and always found her to be a dynamic model. not entirely sure what she's doing back on that list, but there ya go ...

19-08-2011
fashion elite

^I read ages ago that she made the conscious decision to draw back because she was worried about overexposure. That was a mistake IMO. I think her stock would have risen and she would be truly famous.

19-08-2011
backstage pass

I love visiting this thread so much as there are so many interesting ideas from different people which entertain me a lot
And I'm always wondering why people think that a model doing so-called commercial works shouldn't be ranked above those girls only doing high fashion jobs,I mean,as long as she is generally recognized and she's making big bucks,who cares if she's doing commercial works?

ETA:Is Meisel a factor determining who's in and out?

Last edited by fonghay; 19-08-2011 at 03:28 AM.

19-08-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
yeah I agree though last season Daria had more camapaigns last S/S 11 than Natalia but Natalia has mostly OG Camapigns too for F/W 11 her Etam and Guerlain contarct , Stella McCartney and Oscar De La renta Perfume is OG. and Hugo Boss I never thought it as more prestigious, sure it racks more sales but I always thought of Hugo Boss as more commercial.

I didnt know Icons list base their ranking for 3 years so that means Carolyn renewed her Estee Lauder ? she doesnt get much camapigns these days other than her fixture estee lauder contract renewed .

and lol by putting Agyness Deyn.
they need to rank back Lily Donaldson
i agree with you ,even i love Daria more.Dispite the campaign,Natalia has more covers and editorals.I always have feeling she will switch Daria in the end of the year.
why Agyness? ?she just have one campaign(i'm not sure)Coco and Lily need to come back.

19-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
I love visiting this thread so much as there are so many interesting ideas from different people which entertain me a lot
And I'm always wondering why people think that a model doing so-called commercial works shouldn't be ranked above those girls only doing high fashion jobs,I mean,as long as she is generally recognized and she's making big bucks,who cares if she's doing commercial works?

ETA:Is Meisel a factor determining who's in and out?
IMO depend what kind of model.
Natasha n Isabeli have work very little with him,n they are doing fine.
then you have models like Arizona,Anna J. who pretty much own their career to him. i think im not sure

Last edited by alonsoJonathan; 19-08-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings