How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-09-2011
tfs star

I think Mirte is on because of her consistent runway seasons, along with the fact that she shoots with Meisel every so often.

Caroline should definitely not be ranked as high as she is... all she has is Bally and a ****load of Elle covers within the past year? Not enough IMO.

Looking at Siri's recent work I think she does deserve her spot... 42 isn't all that high and Siri had a great HC season, Vogue Russia beauty editorial, two Vogue covers in 2011, a good S/S season... I think she has proven herself worthy of 42 as of now. lol

Hanne is ranked too high right now, but I think she has the potential to make a comeback.

02-09-2011
tfs star

I think the reason Mirte is on the list is her steady flow of runway shows, she is pretty damn consistent. She also has the occasional blue chip editorial.
Caroline is ranked too high, she has Bally and a ****load of Elle covers...? that's not enough.
I think Siri deserves her spot, she had a fantastic HC season, two Vogue covers in 2011, a Vogue Russia beauty editorial, and a nice S/S campaign season.

02-09-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
^^

yes, but for now Siri and Hanne have no F/W 11 Campaigns and no
high end editorials

I just dont get how shooting with Meisel ranks you very high or rebook you
on the list like Carolini who isn't doing much these days or ranking Juliane Gruner high just because of a Vogue Italia cover hype.

we know a Meisel moment will not last ala Mirte Maas. shame all the Meisel new muses from 2009 only Daria Strokous is left still doing
much work .

Meisel has been in love with Fei Fei and Anais lately but I think this girls wil stick for a while because they are interesting other than
for shooting with Meisel

Are you talking about Anais Pouliot? Puh-lease, when the cartoon lip fad is over in a year or two, Anais, Hailey Clauson and Lindsey Wixson won't be of any relevance. I'm still betting that Daphne will survive, but she HAS to create some type of signature to seperate herself from the Lara Stone comparisons.

02-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
^^

yes, but for now Siri and Hanne have no F/W 11 Campaigns and no
high end editorials

I just dont get how shooting with Meisel ranks you very high or rebook you
on the list like Carolini who isn't doing much these days or ranking Juliane Gruner high just because of a Vogue Italia cover hype.

we know a Meisel moment will not last ala Mirte Maas. shame all the Meisel new muses from 2009 only Daria Strokous is left still doing
much work .

Meisel has been in love with Fei Fei and Anais lately but I think this girls wil stick for a while because they are interesting other than
for shooting with Meisel
I agree, I don't think Juliane should be at #29... yet. There are girls below her who have done more work in terms of quality and quantity. I don't see why she needs to be placed so high at the moment, I know MDC have inside info re upcoming work but why can't we just wait until that is out, then she can be moved up

02-09-2011
backstage pass

Why on earth are Karlie and Joan above Sasha and Abbey Lee? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Sasha bagged 7 campaigns, including Hugo Boss and Giorgio Armani..
Abbey Lee has a number of big one's too. Sigrid also deserves to be moved up.
Sigh.

02-09-2011
front row

i still don't know why natasha can be No.2.

02-09-2011
V.I.P.

I know Freja should be only No. 2 but it doesnt matter because she will replace Lara Stone. and Freja's achievemnts are incomparable and there no other alternative to Freja taking Lara Stone's spot.

I think models.com also plays how long you have been in the industry Natasha won modeling back in 2000 and made her breakthrough in 2004 that's more than 10 years already in the industry same with Anja, who is old age model 29/30 years old and has more experince and modeled earler in 2002 and took a short break, I remember seeing her in Chanel 2003

Freja is relatively new and her age is younger when compared to Lara, Natasha or even Anja but Freja is established model of course. taking a short break they keep an exception to the Top 5-10, why they still ranked Miranda for taht long ?
and you can see Natasha is back working again after her short break from her marriage and its Anja now taking a bit of a low profile after her recent marriage too

neverthless, Freja is destined to claim No.1

Freja has it all - support of phorographers, - Mario Testino, Meisel etc.
designers - Karl, all important fashion people - Carine, from
Magazines - Vogue UK , Paris , covers and editorials and blue chip campaigns

Freja is an Ethereal Beauty, Freja has great sex appeal to Men and women, androgynous look, unique personality and of course has that distinct look.

Lara may rank No. 9 as her debut in the Icons list but not above Stella Tennant
but definitely Lara must be above Raquel

Last edited by LiranYana; 02-09-2011 at 10:03 AM.

02-09-2011
backstage pass

Why exactly are there 3 girls at the #32 spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
This top 50 needs a complete cleanse if you ask me. I say they need to get rid of:
Dree Hemingway-just another socialite model. If she is on the list, then why isn't Georgia May Jagger or Elisa Sednaoui?
Emily DiDonato- A Maybellne contract alone isn't top 50 material. Money Girls- yes, Top 50- no.
Jamie Bochert- Does this even need to be explained?
Mirte Maas- an unfortunate casualty of the Meisel 15-seconds-of-fame program
Kendra Spears- Being in the Top 50 with a campaign from The Limited is a joke
Arlenis Sosa- Once again, a cosmetics contract only doesn't qualify for a spot in the top 50. If that were the case, then Hilary Rhoda would still be on the list.
Miranda Kerr- She needs to return to the list when she gets something blue chip again, but for now there is no reason for her to be in the top 50 (let alone top 10).
Allesandra Ambrosio- She had her high fashion moment, now the curtain has closed
Carola Remer- Her debut is a bit premature, IMO.
Agyness Deyn- Put her on when we see something big (not just Elle UK).
Ajak Deng- I like her alot, but a MG CK One campaign from six months ago isn't gonna cut it for the top 50, especially when there are girls in MG Prada & Balenciaga campaigns who aren't on the list.

I hope this post didn't sound too negative, because I do like some of these girls. I just wish the list would change more often.
Why Dree is there instead of Elisa is a mystery to me.

And no, GOD no, Freja does NOT have sex appeal to men. No tits? No ***? No male appeal.

Guinevere definitely deserves a spot on that Icons list.

Last edited by Shelton123; 02-09-2011 at 11:20 AM.

02-09-2011
V.I.P.

Liranyana your propaganda for Freja is cute and sweet, but please Freja has NO sexappeal at all for men..
You're really the only who think that and you are not even a man!!

And about Mirte: really don't get the hate. She is doing really well and always has a good runwayseason and good work.

02-09-2011
fashion elite

by the way, freja is the most boring model ever. from covers, to eds, to campaigns,and to the runway......one same pose and expression. yawn!!!!!!!!!!

02-09-2011
V.I.P.

^She isn't really exciting no.
Even as a woman I'm more attracted to Lara, Natasha, Karlie, Anja etc. then to Freja.

02-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
by the way, freja is the most boring model ever. from covers, to eds, to campaigns,and to the runway......one same pose and expression. yawn!!!!!!!!!!
100% agree with this!
i mean freja as the #1 model,is really bad!!

02-09-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
I think models.com also plays how long you have been in the industry Natasha won modeling back in 2000 and made her breakthrough in 2004 that's more than 10 years already in the industry same with Anja, who is old age model 29/30 years old and has more experince and modeled earler in 2002 and took a short break, I remember seeing her in Chanel 2003
if that was the case then sasha should be at least number 3, i don't know why they keep bumping her down. it's why i don't really like how this list works, it seems silly to continuously move top models like sasha who have been working for years and have more than proved themselves beneath models like karlie who have really yet to show their full potential.

02-09-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Freja has it all - support of phorographers, - Mario Testino, Meisel etc.
designers - Karl, all important fashion people - Carine, from
Magazines - Vogue UK , Paris , covers and editorials and blue chip campaigns

Freja is an Ethereal Beauty, Freja has great sex appeal to Men and women, androgynous look, unique personality and of course has that distinct look.
Are you sure about that?

02-09-2011
fashion icon

@Liranyana- you manage to talk about how appealing Freja is to men & women in every freakin' post. You have made your opinion very well known.

Side Note:
Ginta has moved down to #31
Shu Pei has moved up to #29

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings