How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-09-2011
V.I.P.

^

i will add anja too

03-09-2011
hors concours♛

but after a model reaches a certain point she doesn't have to run to every single ad campaign,editorial,runway...The icons list even explains that. If anything going from shoot to shoot and runway to runway is only for newbie models to establish themselves. An established model doesn't have to prove herself any longer. She works when she wants.

Last edited by michelabella; 03-09-2011 at 11:23 AM.

03-09-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelabella View Post
but after a model reaches a certain point she doesn't have to run to every single ad campaign,editorial,runway...The icons list even explains that. If anything going from shoot to shoot and runway to runway is only for newbie models to establish themselves. An established model doesn't have to prove herself any longer. She works when she wants.
when u r established u dont do runway but campaigns are a must, same as covers and eds in order for u to stay in the game.

i dont think established models can work whenever she wants tho. if vogue us, italy or paris give u a call, u better cut short your vacation and go to wherever they ask you to go.

natasha hasn't had any major campaign for the last 2 years. i still dont understand why she is still at number 2. she should be lower than anja and sasha. she is definitely not the candidate for the top spot.

im sure we will have to wait for one more season to find out who will be the next number one. i dont see lara will get her contract extended bc seems like she has run her course. so she has one more campaign with ck until her contract is expired.

im kinda exited to see the next campaign season. bc it will determine who will take the number one spot.

Last edited by congacon; 03-09-2011 at 11:43 AM.

03-09-2011
V.I.P.

Does anyone know what happened to the old models.com cover stories they did with Karolina Kurkova, Anouck Lepere, Marica Carla, Eugenia V., etc...? Can they be found anywhere?

03-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
when u r established u dont do runway but campaigns are a must, same as covers and eds in order for u to stay in the game.

i dont think established models can work whenever she wants tho. if vogue us, italy or paris give u a call, u better cut short your vacation and go to wherever they ask you to go.

natasha hasn't had any major campaign for the last 2 years. i still dont understand why she is still at number 2. she should be lower than anja and sasha. she is definitely not the candidate for the top spot.

im sure we will have to wait for one more season to find out who will be the next number one. i dont see lara will get her contract extended bc seems like she has run her course. so she has one more campaign with ck until her contract is expired.

im kinda exited to see the next campaign season. bc it will determine who will take the number one spot.
can't agree more,that it's what i want to say.

03-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AileenK View Post
If in 2009,i would said natasha would become the next NO.1,but now,i wouldn't.
Natsha 's peak is in 2009,but it 's pity that she wasn't get major jobs now.
She just got 1 or 2 campaigns every seasons after SS10.
It can be said Natasha is the too weak to competing to become the next NO.1 now.
Totally true, however I have a feeling that by models.com she has a shot becoming #1.
Personally I would say Freja or (yes I forget her in my previous post, i'm sorryyy) Anja for the #1 spot.
i don't get either why Natasha is still number 2 and not Anja but I guess with her work lately and campaign for RC she is still in the running.

Yes Lara one more season, but who knows, maybe she stays longer at CK.

Last edited by Forrest; 03-09-2011 at 12:04 PM.

03-09-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
Natasha hasn't had any major campaign for the last 2 years? This season she has Roberto Cavalli and last season Givenchy Exclusive!! Are you serious?
For me she needs the icon spot not the N1 spot!!
Probably 1/2 years and she will got this !!

03-09-2011
V.I.P.

^

true Natasha does not need to be No.1 since that belongs to Freja
Isabeli was No.2 for a while before she got moved maybe 2 years from now,
Natasha can be moved to the ICONS if she is still working 2 years from now
Natasha started modeling in 2000 but got her big break internationally in 2004
thats more than 10 years in the business

as for the current models only Freja deserved No. 1 !!!!

Last edited by LiranYana; 03-09-2011 at 01:18 PM.

03-09-2011
fashion elite

Freja will never be the new N1 to me
Liranyana i undeRstand your point but a N1 Model need the support of all the majors Vogue editions (Vogue US, Italia, Paris, UK) Freja is OK With the last 3 but Anna Wintour don't like her for nothing, she was never invited at the MET Gala, is a bad thing for a top model.
The other N1 (Daria, Lara & Raquel) all have the supports of Vogue US, Paris and Italia. Freja no
And Testino support her but non that much!! Daria or Lara always works with him, Freja not that much!!

For me the new N1 will be Arizona. Not know, maybe 1/2 years later. Arizona has the support of many photographers (Meisel, Testino) and she works for all the Vogue editions (US, Italia, Paris, UK)

03-09-2011
V.I.P.

^

there is no alternative to Freja and she is the only one getting that support from Karl to Vogue UK, Paris and Italia and Tetsino has been shooting Freja more frequently now

I understand Freja doesnt attend most social gatherings like MET or fashion awards but maybe thats her preference not to attend ?? , just because she does not show up on any public events doesn't mean Freja is not invited.

Freja has the advantage here, chameleon look, huge appeal for men and women , independent unique personality something of a trend nowadays look at Arizona, Saskia, Aymeline

I agree only Arizona can be the next number 1 after Freja
this girl is on fire !!

Last edited by LiranYana; 03-09-2011 at 01:50 PM.

03-09-2011
V.I.P.

LiranYana please stop with the propaganda with the appeal for men and woman (if you mean sex appeal), it's really getting annoying now. And she really isn't a chameleon, she looks always the same.
And why wouldn't she go to a MET if she was invited?? Always turning inventations down, would mean lose support!!

And Natasha wasn't a exclusive for Givenchy was she??? However number 1 is not that big deal, Natasha is doing great and will do great whatever spot she ends up with! Natasha is a model that never bores me.

There are a few alternatives other then Freja for number 1: Anja (she deserves it just as much as Freja!!!!), Natasha, Karlie, perhaps Sasha and from a few years if Arizona still doing great, then Arizona.

Last edited by Forrest; 03-09-2011 at 02:28 PM.

03-09-2011
fashion elite

frezona fighting for the number one spot! i loveeee it

03-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Freja has the advantage here, chameleon look, huge appeal for men and women , independent unique personality something of a trend nowadays look at Arizona, Saskia, Aymeline
Lol, if you post it enough times you might actually believe what you're saying. VS models have sex appeal for men, not Freja. what's unique about her personality? I would love to know. I don't consider her a chamelon when it comes to campaigns and eds. MCB is a chameleon, Freja not so much. If Anja gets a few more big campaigns next season and a major cover or two you could make a good case for her being #1.

03-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
^

you've typed this exact sentence at least 15 times already.

03-09-2011
front row

Why is KK not back on the icons list? She should replace Guinevere. She's had more campaigns and major covers over the last two seasons then Guinevere (obviously Guinevere has more editorial work). Do they take into account a longer period of time when making the rankings?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings