How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-09-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
i don't get what you guys are trying to discuss you think that Sasha should be lower/higher? or what?
it's true that Armani is her only major campaign but it's OG, who else in the top 5 got an OG major campaign? Lara (CK), Freja (Chanel) and Anja (Fendi) so this means that Sasha should be at their same level or not lower than no. 3 and she's at 5, not deserving

lower. I think if she doesn't step it up next campaign season and score a couple blue chip campaigns, she'll leave the top 5 (as I said before). I think she is NOT equal to the rest of the top 5... the rest has scored much more print work and covers within the past few months.

07-09-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
Bianca still has many fragrance and Itaian Brand campaigns
and Hogan by Karl Lagerfeld, if newbies can be ranked just by 1
campaign and just being at the background then I don't see
why Miss Balti is not ranked who has more prestigious work ?

Bianca has continuous eds with many magazines
and even Vogue Italia, some eds are shot by Karl too
i just think that the only thing she needs is 1 big campaign, that's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiki View Post
lower. I think if she doesn't step it up next campaign season and score a couple blue chip campaigns, she'll leave the top 5 (as I said before). I think she is NOT equal to the rest of the top 5... the rest has scored much more print work and covers within the past few months.
we'll see that next season but NOW she deserves to be higher, even though she had a little less editorials she's still a regular in Vogue Paris and still has an OG Armani campaign + a bunch of others campaigns that can't be ignored

07-09-2011
V.I.P.

^Higher??? Are you serious??? Look at Lara, Freja, Anja, Karlie, ABL, Constance (estee lauder for example) and Natasha's work. Sasha has done less! And one OG campaign: you don't make in the top 5 with one OG and a couple campaigns!! Nimue did a couple seasons ago GA OG and is just listed at 25 or something. Come on, Sasha is lovely and i always love her stuff but no she needs to rank lower, defo in the top 10 but NOT higher then 5. With 5 she get enough justice.

Last edited by Forrest; 07-09-2011 at 05:41 AM.

07-09-2011
V.I.P.

Anout Nimue: she only got Versace jeans that's true, two covers and a couple eds and always a great runwayseason. But if you look at the models under her (i mean with lower rankings and not all of them ofcourse) i think she is placed quite right. I mean it's stupid that Juliane with a MG campaign and Italian Vogue cover got so high but Nimue deserves a place IMO.

Last edited by Forrest; 07-09-2011 at 05:47 AM.

07-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Bianca has been modeling for a while around 2003
though I'm not sure if Miss Balti was ranked before at MDC

and your joking right ?

the only low/less prestigious work she has done was VS catalog
Miss Goddess Balti has done campaigns for D&G, Armani, Cavalli and many more, she has done both commercial and HF work

and she gets steady editorial and cover work
Karl Lagerfeld adores Miss Balti

Bianca deserves to be on the sexy list too
Behati, Ambrosio, Kerr , Anna Berros etc. are not sexy at all and replace any of them with Bianca
That sounds like a joke coming from someone who said 100+ times that Freja is appealing/sexy to both men & woman Just because you have an opinion it doesn't mean MDC or the rest of the world will agree with that

As i like Bianca, i think that the Sexy List is fine except for Lindsay Ellingson, but they should remove Rosie & Brooklyn from the list as they both are no longer models as #1 career, i think it doesn't make sense to have them there

07-09-2011
fashion elite

Kirsi @ 36 ...C'mon ...she should be higher i mean Balenciaga followed with Marc jacobs and now Celine .Her agency may be more selctive with her , but the quality of her work speaks for herself.

07-09-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
But are covers and printwork that important ? Sasha is still scoring good campaign work (Armani is major)despite her small appereances in magazines.I bet her dayrate is better than Anja who seems to take up everything that she can get.

07-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Bianca has been modeling for a while around 2003
though I'm not sure if Miss Balti was ranked before at MDC

and your joking right ?

the only low/less prestigious work she has done was VS catalog
Miss Goddess Balti has done campaigns for D&G, Armani, Cavalli and many more, she has done both commercial and HF work

and she gets steady editorial and cover work
Karl Lagerfeld adores Miss Balti

Bianca deserves to be on the sexy list too
Behati, Ambrosio, Kerr , Anna Berros etc. are not sexy at all and replace any of them with Bianca
Yeah that sounds about right since you consider Freja as sexy

I'll bet in a while you're preaching that Daphne Groeneveld should be on the sexy list bc she is one of your favourites so should be there.

Let's be real, Ana Beatriz Barros = hot. Just like Behati and Kerr. Ambrosio isn't really my cup of tea but it's clear why she is there. But i'll give you that Balti is sexy, but maybe not enough sexy work? I miss also marloes horst and she does enough sexy work, even appeared on pirelli.

And indeed: just because you find them sexy doesn't mean we all do. VS girls are hot, they do sexy work (that's the main reason why they are in the list right?? and they are asked for that because of their damn hot body's). Ask any man: i'll bet they all go crazy about Adriana, Ana, Rosie and Candice etc..

Last edited by Forrest; 07-09-2011 at 12:44 PM.

07-09-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AileenK View Post
lol,maybe next NO.1 is not freja,anja,natasha etc. it will be liu wen, lol...
i think it would be bloody great if in the future, with great consistency and staying power, liu wen did snag the #1 spot. it's been LONG overdue for a top asian model to at least be in the top 3, and i think liu wen could be the one to do it.

joke all you want but i'm keeping my fingers crossed

07-09-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytrail View Post
i think it would be bloody great if in the future, with great consistency and staying power, liu wen did snag the #1 spot. it's been LONG overdue for a top asian model to at least be in the top 3, and i think liu wen could be the one to do it.

joke all you want but i'm keeping my fingers crossed
i think it's possible in a few years..
Liu keeps working with Calvin Klein and i can see her getting an exclusive contract in the future, like Lara
..she just needs major covers right away!!

and also don't forget Fei Fei, she has a lot of support by Meisel and in a couple of years she could be big

07-09-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Nice take on the one way perspective.

I love Behati, she's so underused but when she's in interviews her girl-next-door charm get to me every time and that's what's sexy. Sexy isn't just about the body and looks.

07-09-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by modela View Post
But are covers and printwork that important ? Sasha is still scoring good campaign work (Armani is major)despite her small appereances in magazines.I bet her dayrate is better than Anja who seems to take up everything that she can get.
I think it is, but I guess that's just my opinion. still, Anja scored better campaigns this season overall (Fendi, Balmain, Fendi Fragrance, Elie Saab, etc). plus, she scored 7 Vogue editorials, a V editorial, a MG Numero cover, and the accompanying editorial... I don't think Anja takes everything she can get, I think she just gets a lot of work... it's not low-quality work at all.

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

^me to, Anja deserves her spot!

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post

I'll bet in a while you're preaching that Daphne Groeneveld should be on the sexy list bc she is one of your favourites so should be there.

Let's be real, Ana Beatriz Barros = hot. Just like Behati and Kerr. Ambrosio isn't really my cup of tea but it's clear why she is there. But i'll give you that Balti is sexy, but maybe not enough sexy work? I miss also marloes horst and she does enough sexy work, even appeared on pirelli.

And indeed: just because you find them sexy doesn't mean we all do. VS girls are hot, they do sexy work (that's the main reason why they are in the list right?? and they are asked for that because of their damn hot body's). Ask any man: i'll bet they all go crazy about Adriana, Ana, Rosie and Candice etc..
I won't debate this again but yes Freja is appealing in a way,
and appeal also comes from personality which Freja has a unique one

about Daphne well she is too young be on the sexy list

I disagree that Behati, Kerr are NOT sexy, the have round faces that have
the appeal of a 5 year old. they are cutesy but not sexy at all.
Berros sorry, imo has an MILF appeal. Adriana, Rosie are trying too hard
to be sexy.

Candice is more of a sweet girl next door sexy look
altougth I agree on the list Lara Stone is sexy, Lara embodies
the timeless female body too. Brooklyn is sexy too

Last edited by LiranYana; 08-09-2011 at 06:26 AM.

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
I think it is, but I guess that's just my opinion. still, Anja scored better campaigns this season overall (Fendi, Balmain, Fendi Fragrance, Elie Saab, etc). plus, she scored 7 Vogue editorials, a V editorial, a MG Numero cover, and the accompanying editorial... I don't think Anja takes everything she can get, I think she just gets a lot of work... it's not low-quality work at all.
Kurt Geiger, Zanotti ? I don't know much of this brands much
I think Anja does take anything offered on her that's why she's
on the money list too.

Anja hasnt been doing much lately other than the multi numero cover although I understand she maybe taking a break with her marriage too like Natasha who is back from her break last season and getting tons of work again

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings