How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-07-2011
backstage pass

Forgive me if I'm missing the point, but I have to side with LiranYana on this one. Some models do work into their 30's yes, but not regularly. And a shelf life of three years is very lucky in my opinion too.

Last edited by Shelton123; 16-07-2011 at 05:27 PM.

16-07-2011
backstage pass

Yea. Not regularly. But they're still working as models, Which i think is impressive considering modeling is a young woman's job. That's not to say they're old lol
Posted via Mobile Device

16-07-2011
front row

I totally disagree dreamss and have to side with liranyana.

16-07-2011
V.I.P.

Just put Candice it that list and I'm happy. I don't mind if Freja or Anja will be the next number 1.

About Saskia: I've read it somewhere in the Dutch Glamour. There was a interview with her in Dutch Glamour. Ha, i found it. Saskia was born november 12th 1981. So she is now 29 I believe. She was discovered at her 16th. She begon modeling and after a year most of only commericial work she quitted for college so she wasn't a dancer but wanted to be a visual artist more the a model. (she studied art academy, in 2008 she graduated in textile design ). A year ago someone suggested her to call someone from Paparazzi, she was invited and got back to work. It took a year for someone hired her because of her short hear. the ball started to roll when Russell Marsh casted her as exclusive for Prada (option).

I totally forget the point of what i was saying, ah well. I guess my point was that Saskia is indeed "old" but doesn't work as long in this industry as Anja, Lara etc. It's really impressive that they all have so much success.
And yes I agree with LiranYana to.

Last edited by Forrest; 16-07-2011 at 06:17 PM.

16-07-2011
backstage pass

^^ok. I was just saying how things seem like to me
Posted via Mobile Device

16-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Just put Candice it that list and I'm happy. I don't mind if Freja or Anja will be the next number 1.

About Saskia: I've read it somewhere in the Dutch Glamour. There was a interview with her in Dutch Glamour. Ha, i found it. Saskia was born november 12th 1981. So she is now 29 I believe. She was discovered at her 16th. She begon modeling and after a year most of only commericial work she quitted for college so she wasn't a dancer but wanted to be a visual artist more the a model. (she studied art academy, in 2008 she graduated in textile design ). A year ago someone suggested her to call someone from Paparazzi, she was invited and got back to work. It took a year for someone hired her because of her short hear. the ball started to roll when Russell Marsh casted her as exclusive for Prada (option).

I totally forget the point of what i was saying, ah well. I guess my point was that Saskia is indeed "old" but doesn't work as long in this industry as Anja, Lara etc. It's really impressive that they all have so much success.
And yes I agree with LiranYana to.

totally she may be older than other models but has not been on top all of her career like others have

16-07-2011
trendsetter

too hard to keep upper position unless holding a fabulous contract like Daria W, she is gorgeous, she just selects shows to walk (no need to go for numerous casting with heels during fashion weeks), then join the publication of Lancome, take photos for ads and editorials, then go for a cruise around the world...Too fab.

Coco Rocha had a great moment before, u know, years of YSL contract, fav face for US Vogue and IT Vogue, but now, she is like an exclusive for Elle, and the quality of ads is quite disappointing, like Coca Cola, Ports, VS Pink, Esprit, etc.

Jessica Stam also follows Coco's steps, anway, modeling is a cruel business, faces are replaceable. It's not quite hard to imagine why Vuitton uses so many new faces this season, u know, they are tied to the budget, and new faces are cheap and still can make a high class image for the brand.

Last edited by balmain1914; 16-07-2011 at 10:47 PM.

16-07-2011
fashion elite

Well, what is the secret to longetivity then? Delivering top-notch work or having the "right" connections? I feel like some girls on the MDC list are there purely because they have caught the eye of some very important people, but are not necessarily great models.

16-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochi Chernye View Post
Well, what is the secret to longetivity then? Delivering top-notch work or having the "right" connections? I feel like some girls on the MDC list are there purely because they have caught the eye of some very important people, but are not necessarily great models.
part of getting longevity are long term contracts for brands/beauty products
like Natalia for Guerlain, Daria for Lancome, Carmen for Michael Kors
and ledt not fprget support from high fashion names and editors, and of course the designers and photographers.

lets take for example, Carolini Trentini who these days aren't doing that much but since she is US Vogue regular and still has Anna Wintour's support and had a shot with Meisel for a Campaign sharing with Karlie. she is back on the list ?

Designers support can weigh in like Karl Lagerfeld with Freja, Riccardo Tisci with MariaCarla or Natalia's very special relationship with Valentino
and also photographers, I don't think Meisell has a favorite model though he's too fickle, the moment he uses them, discards them and some are taken back but Mario Testino has from close relationship with Kate Moss and with other models like Claudia Schiffer, Natalia Vodianova and Eva Herzigova.

I checked all the lists and these are imo, havent being doing any campaigns other editorial works:

No. 49 Jana Knauerova = after a steallar s/s11 season. a one hit wonder
No. 43 Carola Remer = new ? does she have any big blue chip campaigns coming ?
No. 32 Eliza Cummings - she's still in the list ?
No. 30 Hananh Holman and No.27 Numue Smit - I don't know much about them
but I haven't seen any work from these models at all
No. 25 Mirte Maas - the definition of a model of overreliant on Meisel, once Meisel is done , that's the end of the shelf life.

Last edited by LiranYana; 17-07-2011 at 12:00 AM.

17-07-2011
fashion icon

Carola apparently has a big cosmetics contract. I think Carola will have a career like Edita eventually. Edita wasn't a breakout star, it took 2-3 seasons before everyone noticed her started using her. Mirte is now a runway filler model like Denisa Dvorakova, Anabela Belikova and Kamila Filipcikova lol, which is fine, I'm sure it pays the bills. She might still get a few editorials here and there but she doesn't seem to be doing campaigns or covers.

What is happening with Emily Didonato? I'm sure she's still with Maybelline and has her fragrance contracts with Giorgio Armani etc, but correct me if I'm wrong her High fashion career has slowed down right? I think it's sad, she should have stayed with request, they did SO MUCH for her despite being a small agency. I don't follow her career so I don't know if a switch to IMG has been good for her or not.

17-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
Carola apparently has a big cosmetics contract. I think Carola will have a career like Edita eventually. Edita wasn't a breakout star, it took 2-3 seasons before everyone noticed her started using her. Mirte is now a runway filler model like Denisa Dvorakova, Anabela Belikova and Kamila Filipcikova lol, which is fine, I'm sure it pays the bills. She might still get a few editorials here and there but she doesn't seem to be doing campaigns or covers.

What is happening with Emily Didonato? I'm sure she's still with Maybelline and has her fragrance contracts with Giorgio Armani etc, but correct me if I'm wrong her High fashion career has slowed down right? I think it's sad, she should have stayed with request, they did SO MUCH for her despite being a small agency. I don't follow her career so I don't know if a switch to IMG has been good for her or not.
I thought Emily Didonato always had more leaning towards Commercial modeling and camapigns, so agree on Mirte, You cant always count on Miesel
he has due for all models

I don't know about IMG but not all from IMG are successful
look at Daria Strokous, she is from IMG back in 2007 and it took her 2 years
in 2010 moving to Women to get a breakthrough and exploded in 2011

17-07-2011
V.I.P.

I don't know about the others but I do know that Nimue isn't doing bad. She got every season a campaign (she did OG Giorgio Armani, Anna Sui) and last year Mulberry and Givenchy fragance. It's rumoured she got also this season a campaign. Also she is doing quite some eds. Still doing great on the runway.

Mirte: I think she should be at least under Nimue, but maybe it has something to do with her campaignlist (Balanciaga two times in a row, Chanel Pre fall, Barney's). Mirte is also doing quite a job on the runway and also quite some eds. I don't think she should be out if I compare her with other girls. This new girls are maybe now having their moment but Mirte and Nimue are doing for some (2 or 3) years quite good.

Others I don't know.

17-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
part of getting longevity are long term contracts for brands/beauty products
like Natalia for Guerlain, Daria for Lancome, Carmen for Michael Kors
and ledt not fprget support from high fashion names and editors, and of course the designers and photographers.

lets take for example, Carolini Trentini who these days aren't doing that much but since she is US Vogue regular and still has Anna Wintour's support and had a shot with Meisel for a Campaign sharing with Karlie. she is back on the list ?

Designers support can weigh in like Karl Lagerfeld with Freja, Riccardo Tisci with MariaCarla or Natalia's very special relationship with Valentino
and also photographers, I don't think Meisell has a favorite model though he's too fickle, the moment he uses them, discards them and some are taken back but Mario Testino has from close relationship with Kate Moss and with other models like Claudia Schiffer, Natalia Vodianova and Eva Herzigova.

I checked all the lists and these are imo, havent being doing any campaigns other editorial works:

No. 49 Jana Knauerova = after a steallar s/s11 season. a one hit wonder
No. 43 Carola Remer = new ? does she have any big blue chip campaigns coming ?
No. 32 Eliza Cummings - she's still in the list ?
No. 30 Hananh Holman and No.27 Numue Smit - I don't know much about them
but I haven't seen any work from these models at all
No. 25 Mirte Maas - the definition of a model of overreliant on Meisel, once Meisel is done , that's the end of the shelf life.
Kauenrova isn't a one season wonder, she took a break therefore the lack of work, she's back in NY now.

Remer books all the stuff by Daniel Jackson + Tom Ford lookbook and she has something decent shot by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin under her belt.

I agree about Holman and Maas, and I find it weird they're higher ranked than Anais Pouliot. This girl is on fire since January: W Magazine by Paul Roversi, i-D by Magnus Unnar, Vogue Japan by Daniel Jackson, Playing Fashion Cover, Purple by Terry Richardson, Acne Paper Cover + editorial by Daniel Jackson, Vogue Japan and two times Vogue Russia by Ellen von Unwerth/ Dusan Reljin, two times Vogue Germany by Greg Kadel, Numero with Sean and Seng.. and most recently Vogue Italia by Steven Meisel, Vogue US by Steven Meisel and Louis Vuitton campaign by Steven Meisel.

17-07-2011
fashion icon

Yeah Anais is everywhere right now. She still needs more covers and campaigns to move up though. This reminds me of Siri back in 2007/8 when she was in every editorial shot by every photographer but did little campaign and covers. It's difficult to build a career on just editorial work.

17-07-2011
fashion icon

Need to be off the list:
Julija Step
Dree Hemingway(she is a socialite, just like Elisa Sednaoui & that Jagger girl, oh and three words- JUSTIN BEIBER FRAGRANCE)
Chanel Iman
Alessandra Ambrosio
Miranda Kerr(not hating on VS, but these 3 are not working that much in high ATM)
Kengra Spears
Jamie Bochert(shouldve been removed a year ago)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings