How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-07-2011
front row

I totally agree with our list. All those girls need to get off the list except Miranda. 30 to 40 place sounds fair.

17-07-2011
V.I.P.

Why the hell was Raquel moved down on the icons' list? She's having one of her best years ever, she has like 8 campaigns this season! She was 14 and now shes 16

Isabeli moved up, which I agree but Raquel is doing waaay better than her this season.

17-07-2011
V.I.P.

^

Raquel moved down ? she now 16 but Isabeli is now 13

answer could be Raquel needs to get a long term contract
although Raquel gets many blue chip campaigns she is not well known
nobody really knows who Raquel is outside campaigns, no articles, news or
any topics of her private life and I think Isabeli is a bit more well known than Raquel considering Isabeli started younger.

Raquel needs a beauty contract or something long term

like the ones in the Top 5 . Caroline Murphy is a fixture of Estee Lauder since like forever Natalia has Guerlain and a Charitable Institution that has garnered public recognition. Daria has Lancome and is still rocking every editorial and magazines and of course Kate Moss the most iconic of all the models and Gisel who many people also know and has been successful outside fashion doing business and her dating Leonardo Dicaprio put her name on the map

17-07-2011
V.I.P.

Isabeli to Number 13 wow!!!love it!

18-07-2011
front row

can't understand why Raquel moved down ?

18-07-2011
tfs star

July 17 Updates

Debut
Hanaa Ben Abdesslem at 34
Candice Swanepoel at 23

Last edited by KatJenahMckey; 18-07-2011 at 01:04 AM.

18-07-2011
V.I.P.

^

who got removed and took their places ?
good for Candice now take out Miranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AileenK View Post
can't understand why Raquel moved down ?
Raquel has No Long term contract or Beauty Contract thus she flopped 2 places
Isabeli has Revlon now right ?

Happy Naomi climb the List
and they moved Christy Turlington down but not Linda Evangelista who hasn't been doing much since 2009 ???

I believe they should create a hall of fame for non working icons
or call them ancient or ancient models that have solidified their name
Christy, Cindy, Linda, Tatiana, Yasmeen etc.

the Top 20 Icons should be renamed the working Top Icons

Last edited by LiranYana; 18-07-2011 at 01:14 AM.

18-07-2011
V.I.P.

Hurray for Candice.

18-07-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
^

Raquel moved down ? she now 16 but Isabeli is now 13

answer could be Raquel needs to get a long term contract
although Raquel gets many blue chip campaigns she is not well known
nobody really knows who Raquel is outside campaigns, no articles, news or
any topics of her private life and I think Isabeli is a bit more well known than Raquel considering Isabeli started younger.

Raquel needs a beauty contract or something long term

like the ones in the Top 5 . Caroline Murphy is a fixture of Estee Lauder since like forever Natalia has Guerlain and a Charitable Institution that has garnered public recognition. Daria has Lancome and is still rocking every editorial and magazines and of course Kate Moss the most iconic of all the models and Gisel who many people also know and has been successful outside fashion doing business and her dating Leonardo Dicaprio put her name on the map
I undersand what are u talking about,but why is Raquel,why is not somebody else? i love isabeli,i'm so happy she moved up.If isabeli moved up,Raquel should be moved up too.
even if MDC don't want to move Raquel up,they shouldn't move her down

18-07-2011

someone like constance at 4 would be totally plausible considering her career track.

the same could not be said for joan, however. i think i'm a little late at jumping into this argument but WTF couldn't MDC wait for an OG Vogue cover before moving her up the ranks? haha i know i personally do not believe the rankings but you can't deny it still IS the most popular model-ranking site.. is it too much to ask that they make it veer towards accuracy at least? her gucci ads aren't even OG, really, her cumulative work this season does not merit that rank at all. the moment she gets a Vogue Italia cover and we may be looking at MDC's next number one model for some bajillion seasons. puhleeezzzze

18-07-2011
scenester

i'm surprised that carolyn murphy remains in the top 5. like liya, i thought her estee lauder contract is done. raquel shouldn't be moved down. the only way for her is up. not moving at all is the lesser evil in her case.

18-07-2011
fashion elite

i think they move raquel down bc she has no major cover for the past few months/years while isabelli has a vogue paris cover.

raquel should be moving up once her vogue italia is out. i feel bad for raquel, this girl is doing amazing in campaigns but amazing bad in covers. no vogue paris cover, one italia cover and another coming up and that's it as solo covers.

18-07-2011
backstage pass

i don't get it ...raquel has totally 9ads this season and 8 of them is OG...how could she moved down???and why carolyn murphy could reminds top 5...that is so unreasonble, she is even not the first face of the estee and she hasn't so much other work besides estee

18-07-2011
fashion elite

For me it should be about the quality of a models work and its clear when you put Raquel next to Isabeli , Raquel is in the lead.Don't get me wrong i love isabeli.Who cares about a contract ...those contracts are a one in a million deal , not every model can get them .Covers versus campaign , i prefer the campaigns .Didn't DNA had some beef with MDC ....Look at Emily Bakers ranking versus Hannah Hollman ...or Kirsi versus Anais .Something fishy if you tell me.

18-07-2011
V.I.P.

Actually Raquel is contracted with Shiseido, she's been their face for the last two years!

She has 8 campaigns this season! Lanvin is the only one that is not OG, and she's working with Meisel, and suposed to be on Vogue Ialia next month. Counting her editorials and quality of campaigns, she's doing way better than Isabeli.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings