How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-11-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
just saw new pics of sui he and i swear to god, this girl will be the most successful asian model ever.

so watch out for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!she'll land in the top 10 in no time.
she posed under China's enemy Ai Wei Wei's direction for W Magazine, of course, she is aggressive enough and she is not scared by this huge forbidden topic which could possibly ban her from home. she is brave.

08-11-2011
tfs star

^What are you talking about?

08-11-2011
fashion elite

Ai Wei Wei is a controversial artist and political activist who was thrown in prison by the Chinese government and he's considered "the most powerful figure in the art world". He directed the November cover of W which features Sui He. The Chinese government is notorious for banning everything from Bjork to Facebook, so it was kind of bold of Sui to take that job

09-11-2011
fashion elite

that's really brave of sui he bc at the moment the chinese government is going after ai wei wei for owing the government back tax.

i really hope sui he doesnt get into trouble with the chinese government.

i can see vs may go after sui he as the first asian angel. she definitely has what it takes to be an angle.

09-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
Jourdan got an i-D cover for the winter issue! so it shouldn't be any doubts about her place in the ranking now..
What do you mean? Because of one cover her ranking is justified?

Last edited by Forrest; 09-11-2011 at 06:40 AM.

09-11-2011
fashion insider

^ i just meant that this i-D cover justifies why she was moved up in the last update

09-11-2011
fashion icon

Karlie is closing two segments at this year's VSFS, which makes me thinks she is on her way to becoming an angel very soon. Do you think this will help her chances at the #1 spot, or will it hurt her chances? VS is always a tricky card to play, because although the $$$ is good, it doesn't always gaurentee a longterm career.

TBH, I used to really not like Karlie, but as of last year she has really grown on me; however, I don't see her having the same impact as Gisele did with both high fashion & VS. As much as I like Karlie, I don't think she is drop dead gorgeous. So my question is: should Karlie choose VS to become #1 or should she just stick to the high fashion route?

10-11-2011
trendsetter

karlie soon to be in the money girl ranking, trust me.

10-11-2011
tfs star

It helped VS girls Miranda and Alessandra to move to HF, they got on the list because of that... so if a HF goddess were to move to VS, it only makes sense that it would help her as well. The thing is, will she do both HF and VS? I really hope so. She is a HF star, and I think if she were to do VS, she would need to be as good or better at it than she is at HF for me to give her props. Anyway, I think if she chose to become an angel, it would probably help her. That is, if she keeps with HF.

10-11-2011
fashion icon

^Miranda & Allesandra had their high fashion moment, but I think that time has passed. Maybe I'm wrong with Miranda, but Allesandra is definitely not on the high fashion radar compared to other girls in the top 50. IDK, its hard to predict what Karlie's career will be like if she becomes an angel. Next year will be her determining factor of whether she sinks or swims.

This whole Joan vs. Karlie debate has been really exciting, because to me they are both very neck & neck. If Joan scores campaigns for Gucci, Chanel, EL, & one more blue chip brand along with a big Vogue cover then she will definitely have a shot at the #1 title. If Karlie scores a VS contract & still lands a big campaign, then I think she will become #1. I know alot of people are saying don't count out Freja or Anja, but Joan & Karlie's careers are going uphill very fast, while Freja & Anja's are stagnant. Not to mention Freja has lost Chanel & Anja has lost Fendi. I think these two are gonna be out of the race for #1 very soon. Just my prediction.

Oh, and as much as I dislike Arizona, she is the dark horse for the #1 spot.

10-11-2011
fashion insider

Men's list update

Guerrino Santulliana debuted at 46
Benjamin Eidem - from 46 to 35
Jamie Wise - from 41 to 35
Malthe Lund Madsen - from 38 to 41
Jaco Van Den Hoven - from 35 to 36
Adrian Bosch - from 36 to 38

11-11-2011
tfs star

I think Karlie is definitely #1 after Freja.

11-11-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
Men's list update

Guerrino Santulliana debuted at 46
Benjamin Eidem - from 46 to 35
Jamie Wise - from 41 to 35
Malthe Lund Madsen - from 38 to 41
Jaco Van Den Hoven - from 35 to 36
Adrian Bosch - from 36 to 38
poor Adrian Bosch

12-11-2011
V.I.P.

I'll repeat for the n-th time that I think Lara isn't going to leave #1 soon. When her CK contract will be over, I see her getting all of the other major campaigns, and personally I can't wait to this.

But if there's anyone who I think we'll be on the 1st place after Lara, it's Karlie Kloss (and I'm not her fan).

12-11-2011
fashion elite

lara will have one more season to go at the top rank. how many more contract she'll get wont matter bc mdc will remove her to icon list due to the fact that she has been in the top for 2 years to that point and she doesnt do runway anymore, etc. just like the case of raquel.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings