How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
sorry but i just think Mirte is not a Meisel favourite anymore, that ed has been her only work with him since 2010.. and rumors don't count!
and of course Wonderland and AnOther don't compare with Vogue but i never said Marique should be above Mirte, i think that none of them should be out but Mirte much lower, that's all!
I'm not saying she is the fave, but I don't think he dropped her or something. Ps. it was sept. 2011 for us vogue;-)

I never said rumours count, It was just in the advantage for Mirtes case that she is in not really out of the picture by meisel. I only said it because rumours come from somewhere and since Meisel shot it most of the times.

But we can stop this since we agree that Mirte shouldn't been removed and deserves her spot in the top 50!
As for Freja, a since last campaign was a mg mg mg I really hope this season also. But I&V are more exciting photographers then Karl for chanel so it could be okay.
Karlie should really score something atm otherwise her chances will be slimmer!

Last edited by Forrest; 21-11-2011 at 02:59 AM.

21-11-2011
fashion elite

So basically the campaign rumors/confirmations so far are:

Joan: EL, Chanel, Pirelli Calendar (MDC counts this as a campaign)
Freja: Chloe
Natasha: Dsquared2
Arizona: Fendi, Chloe
Karlie: n/a
Anja: n/a

I know its VERY early in the season, but Joan's campaign list will be hard to beat IF she scores Gucci, too. Arizona is on fire for a third season, and she is now on Team Karl just like Joan. Karlie will probably get ODLR again, but I think Dior has moved on. If Karlie gets a VS contract, that will drastically change things. Anja will most likely score her Zanotti & Balmain, but she lost Fendi to Arizona. Natasha is confirmed for Dsquared2, but I don't think she is in the race for #1, considering her past 3 campaign seasons. Freja is in a tricky spot right now. I think this campaign season will determine if she sinks or swims.

Putting biased opinions aside, I truly think that Joan, Karlie & Arizona are the only contenders for #1 at this point. Joan needs a big Vogue cover. If she can do that & get Gucci, Chanel, and El in the same season, how could they deny her the #1 spot? Karlie needs more industry support in order for her to become #1. Sure, she shoots alot of eds with big photographers, but she she needs more than just Donna Karan, Dior & ODLR campaigns to take the top spot. With a mega VS contract as well as more campaigns, she will become #1. If Arizona has a 4 season run with Fendi like Anja did, then she might be the top contender. Hate to say that, but its true.

Freja, Anja & Natasha to me are no longer in the race. They all have peaked. Simple as that.

OK, I think I'm done!!
Posted via Mobile Device

21-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
So basically the campaign rumors/confirmations so far are:

Joan: EL, Chanel, Pirelli Calendar (MDC counts this as a campaign)
Freja: Chloe
Natasha: Dsquared2
Arizona: Fendi, Chloe
Karlie: n/a
Anja: n/a

OK, I think I'm done!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Also Natasha Poly has the Pirelli Calendar 2012 (also 2011)

21-11-2011
fashion elite

^good for her. I really like Natasha, but I still don't think she has a shot at #1
Posted via Mobile Device

21-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
^good for her. I really like Natasha, but I still don't think she has a shot at #1
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh yes, i agree with u! Her peak was 2/3 years ago, now she's doing great but for the #1 spot i will see Arizona, Karlie or Joan. The new generation.
Natasha and Anja are too old for that

21-11-2011
fashion elite

I think the new string of top models are Arizona(ugh), Joan, Karlie, Saskia, Karmen & Daphne. The last string of top models were Lara, Anja, Freja & Natasha. I think only one of the the newer top models will become #1, just like only Lara became #1 out of all the other three girls. Its just the nature of the business. One girl rises to the top of the pack, and the other girls trail behind her. The girls during Lara's reign are still very successful in their own right, but they just never has the credentials to hold the #1 title. The same will happen with the next pack.
Posted via Mobile Device

21-11-2011
V.I.P.

i really,really hope what freja n Arizona are shooting is a collections editorial n not the Campign!

21-11-2011
V.I.P.

^Yes, we don't know if it is the campaign yet for Chloe..

However i doubt if Arizona will already be number 1..?
How do they count? From which season? How does it work?

21-11-2011
fashion insider

wait, how is Arizona a contender for #1 now???
for the possible Chloé campaign? i think that could put her in the top 5 but no further than that,
Arizona will probably have a chance when they'll have to replace the no. 1 after Lara, not before..

Last edited by Lee MG Tisci; 21-11-2011 at 03:09 PM.

21-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
wait, how is Arizona a contender for #1 now???
for the possible Chloé campaign? i think that could put her in the top 5 but no further than that,
Arizona will probably have a chance when they'll have to replace the no. 1 after Lara, not before..
if u think about the amount of covers she has had in the past few seasons: vogue paris, vogue italia, vogue australia, vogue russia.....etc and her eds are everywhere and in every magazine u could name of.

campaigns: ysl, prada, lv, alberta ferretti, jil sander, david yurman, etc and she will get only girl fendi campaign.

her resume is just impressive for the past 12 months. i think arizona has a stronger resume than karlie, joan and freja's if you just think about works for the past 12 months.

21-11-2011
fashion icon

^Yeah I don't know how and why but Joan, Arizona and Saskia are being fast-tracked to supermodel-dom. Whilst a lot of girls who have been in the game much longer haven't had this kind of success. I'm not even talking about girls like Irina Kulikova or Anabela Belikova, these three have surpassed girls like Magdalena, Edita and Maryna in a couple of seasons. They're now in the same league as Freja and Anja, and keep in mind it took Anja and Freja 11+ seasons to get where they are now.

21-11-2011
V.I.P.

im not really that shock to be honest.we have seen this before. Karlie,Tanya D, Catherine. they have this huge brake. we have to wait how this new models do after all the fuzz about them is over.
Specially Arizona she is Everywhere n when u less expected everyone is Over her. if u take a look not many of the top 5 or top ten have had this much of a succes in their early yrs. they were always getting good amount of work but were never over exposure like Arizana has been soo i guess we have to wait n see.

22-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
Joan IMO has a clasic beauty that will never get old/boring

people see her at the streets n be OMG she is gorgeous. n still manage to look adgy in HF(campaign,eds,cover)

models like Lara,freja,abbey/sasha look good in print n in HF,but if u see them in any day in the street they are not pretty,in fact ppl might find them ugly/weird looking.

i dont know that is just what i think
classic beauty IMO always beat those looks that might last 3/4 season jsut look at the Icon list most of the models are GORGEOUS! n they are really you typical beauty. n joan has that. n beside Joan CAN DO more than just High Fashion as Freja can NOT! i mean let be real
I'm sorry but Abbey is/was very conventionally pretty before her whole bleach blonde hair dye etc etc. She has a very 'baby face' that is commercially appealing WHEN STYLED RIGHT.. From where I live all the girls I know (who dont follow hf) idolize Abbey Lee and she so can do commercial and high fashion

22-11-2011
V.I.P.

^
SOOO agree just look at this Picture she is GERGEOUS.but now,not soo much :l

style.com

22-11-2011
fashion elite

abbey's beauty is definitely not conventional by any mean. the eyes, the mouth, the bone structure are very different compared to average people's.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings