How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-11-2011
fashion icon

Putting biases aside, I don't think this will be a good campaign season for Karlie. She is confirmed to NOT get Donna Karan, and I think Jac will front this season's Dior campaign. If Karlie doesn't get ODLR, then she will be in trouble. Just sayin'.

BTW, everyone is acting like Lara has been #1 forever, but it has only been 4 seasons. I think the average reign for the #1 model is about 4 or 5 seasons, so since Joan & Arizona are fairly newer models, MDC may wait until Fall 2012 to decide who the new #1 will be (not counting out Karlie).
Posted via Mobile Device

25-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post

BTW, everyone is acting like Lara has been #1 forever, but it has only been 4 seasons. I think the average reign for the #1 model is about 4 or 5 seasons, so since Joan & Arizona are fairly newer models, MDC may wait until Fall 2012 to decide who the new #1 will be (not counting out Karlie).
Posted via Mobile Device
haha i would actually laugh if after all this discussion, a new number one doesn't even happen for another 2 seasons

25-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
^ does Joan have an ethereal personality too?
and she has karl's support: check

25-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
If Karlie doesn't get ODLR, then she will be in trouble. Just sayin'.
Posted via Mobile Device
She didn't open or close the show this season so maybe no campaign ?

25-11-2011
V.I.P.

You guys are too much... seriously but in all honesty Joan really does appeal to both men and women

26-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Putting biases aside, I don't think this will be a good campaign season for Karlie. She is confirmed to NOT get Donna Karan, and I think Jac will front this season's Dior campaign. If Karlie doesn't get ODLR, then she will be in trouble. Just sayin'.

Posted via Mobile Device
I think everyone knows that lara isn't on #1 forever, but think that it's time to move on.

In february 2012 Lara will be 2 years at number 1 and most likly MDC will remove the number 1 after two years.

About Joan: yes, she got big campaigns and el, but then she really needs to score a Vogue cover (and more covers) AND a OG campaign. Gucci, Chanel all big, but all MG.
I can't remember a number 1 with only mg and not a single vogue cover.

Last edited by Forrest; 26-11-2011 at 04:04 AM.

26-11-2011
fashion elite

Joan wont be number 1....number 2 yes but not number one. Its not that i deslike her, its just that she just doesnt have a really important factor for number 1 that is covers, she has two I-D, a V and some other small ones and 0 Vogue covers and thats why she wont be number one! She has a lot of campaigns this season but it wont put her in n1, in this right moment i think that Karlie is the leading girl for n1 and then Freja and then Joan/Arizona.

26-11-2011
fashion icon

^I'm not saying Joan should become #1 right now, but when she gets her VP cover she should take the top spot. About the OG campaign thing- did Liya Kebede have any OG campaigns when she became #1? Not trying to be a smart a$$, I genuinely want to know........
Posted via Mobile Device

26-11-2011
scenester

i honestly think that karlie will have a lasting career ala raquel. not conventionally pretty but falwless in edits.

all this talk about joan vs karlie is getting tiresome like freja vs anja back then. hopefully, arizona will get great bookings in the near future. not that i'm a fan but it makes the race to the top more interesting. i think constance is not that far behind too.

26-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
^I'm not saying Joan should become #1 right now, but when she gets her VP cover she should take the top spot. About the OG campaign thing- did Liya Kebede have any OG campaigns when she became #1? Not trying to be a smart a$$, I genuinely want to know........
Posted via Mobile Device
Well off the top of my head I remember she had Dolce&Gabbana and maybe Gucci or YSL. That was on top of having all of the big vogue covers then eventually her EL contract. Her placement was indisputable but Joan needs a year or so for the hype to die down. If she's still on top, with a few vogue covers, she'll be more convincing as #1. I can def see it happening eventually.

26-11-2011
fashion icon

^Liya had an OG YSL campaign?!?! Wow, thats impressive. Thanks for answering my question

I think both Karlie & Joan will have long & great careers
Posted via Mobile Device

26-11-2011
front row

Quote:
Well off the top of my head I remember she had Dolce&Gabbana and maybe Gucci or YSL. That was on top of having all of the big vogue covers then eventually her EL contract. Her placement was indisputable but Joan needs a year or so for the hype to die down. If she's still on top, with a few vogue covers, she'll be more convincing as #1. I can def see it happening eventually.
She for sure had YSL OG when she was #1, the first one was with Liliana. Wasn't Eugenia Volodina in that Dolce and gabbana campaign too? She had quite a few blue chip campaigns when she was number one but they were usually multi girl. Balenciaga, LV etc. When did she get put on the icons list? Didn't she Givenchy, Gianfranco Ferre OG around that time??

27-11-2011
V.I.P.

I don't think that Arizona, Joan or Karlie are ready to be number one, but if I had to choose among the three, Karlie would be it. I definitely see the potential in Joan and Arizona, but I agree with LabelWhore4's point that Joan, and I will throw in Arizona, may not survive their hyped "moments," in my gut I think that they will but I think that they need more time to prove their staying power.

I am not too put out that Joan's campaigns have not been OG because they have been at the very top of the fashion food chain, you can't get any better than Chanel and Gucci. Re the covers, I am not too bothered about the lack of covers getting her ranked in the fourth spot, give or take, but I do think that it is an issue with her getting the very top spot. I would not be too bothered if the covers were MG but she needs more covers, including some Vogue, Numero, Elle or HB covers.

27-11-2011
V.I.P.

For the people who disagrees with mirtes place in the top50 and the mirte dislikers, she not only got tom ford lookbook but also Tom Ford campaign!

so, there ya go!

About Joans campaigns: can get any better then Chanel and gucci? well there is prada, the calvin klein exclusive deal to name a few?
The covers: i really think that a number 1 girl should at least score a OG vogue cover (uk, us, italia or paris).

But we will see.. maybe only lara will removed and what's then gonna happen with natasha/freja/anja?

27-11-2011
V.I.P.

maybe a 3-way number one

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings