How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
27-11-2011
  901
fashion icon
 
valliaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
About Joans campaigns: can get any better then Chanel and gucci? well there is prada, the calvin klein exclusive deal to name a few?
Prada isn't nearly as prestigious as it used to be. In the past, if you shot a Prada campaign you were automatically in the top 50, but Kelly Mittendorf & Antoniah Wesseloh are not on the list. As far as Calvin Klein, Lara is the only model to ever score such an exclusive deal for that label.

IMO, all these labels are bluechip & on the same level: CK, Prada, Gucci, Chanel, LV, Balenciaga, Givenchy, Valentino, Dior, YSL, Armani & Fendi (I know I'm missing a few). Any of these labels can potentially launch a girl into superstardom. To say that Gucci & Chanel are not on the same level as CK & Prada is crazy to me, considering that all four are extremely well known labels; but hey, plenty of people agree with you on that one, so maybe I'm wrong.....

And once again, I don't think Joan should be #1 until she gets a big Vogue cover. Joan, Karlie & Arizona are all missing something to take the top spot: Joan needs a big cover, Karlie needs a contract, & Arizona just needs more time to prove herself, tbh. People may say Joan needs more time to prove herself, too; but she has a huge beauty contract as well as repeat campaign bookings. Arizona has not yet rebooked a big campaign. Back to Karlie: if she gets the VS contract & is still in Vogue & getting campaigns, then she should most definitely become #1.
Posted via Mobile Device

 
 
27-11-2011
  902
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,740
here is what i think as the most prestigious blue chips campaign. but first i have to be clear that it has to be only girl campaign.

CROWNED JEWELS: LANCOME, ESTEE LAUDER, L'OREAL long term contract.

The BIG FOUR(tier 1): CHANEL, DIOR, PRADA, GUCCI

next tier(2): salvatore ferragamo, balenciaga, givenchy, ck, versace, louis vuitton, hermes, valentino, ysl, armani, fendi, dolce and gabbana, celine, chloe, giorgio armani, ralph lauren, roberto cavalli, hugo boss(black label), miu miu, burberry, bvlgary, balmain

next tier(3): donna karen, mcqueen, jil sander, dsquared, missoni, pucci, nina ricci, d&g, oscar de la renta, max mara, bally, escada, emporio armani, tiffany, hugo boss(red label), juicy couture, tom ford, etro, bottega veneta, loewe, marc jacob, stella maccartney, jean paul gaultier, mulberry, tommy hilfiger, diane von furstenberg, h&m, bluemarine, isabel marant

next tier(4): jason wu, alexander wang, jimmy choo, vera wang, kenneth cole, hogan, rag and bone, banana republic, barneys, sak fif, le chateau.

givenchy, valentino, valentino, ysl are definitely not on the same league as chanel, dior, gucci and prada. financially compared to the house of chanel or dior, those mentioned are just tiny.

my ranking is based on the history of the house and their financial status(in term of revenue), and their ability to give models exposure. if you get campaign for chanel or gucci, your face will be every where in every magazine. and best of all these houses pay models pretty pennies. house like givenchy and balenciaga are prestigious in a high fashion sense but they are not big commericially; they dont have the financial power to advertise widely and they dont have the public recognition like prada or chanel.

 
27-11-2011
  903
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Prada isn't nearly as prestigious as it used to be. In the past, if you shot a Prada campaign you were automatically in the top 50, but Kelly Mittendorf & Antoniah Wesseloh are not on the list. As far as Calvin Klein, Lara is the only model to ever score such an exclusive deal for that label.

IMO, all these labels are bluechip & on the same level: CK, Prada, Gucci, Chanel, LV, Balenciaga, Givenchy, Valentino, Dior, YSL, Armani & Fendi (I know I'm missing a few). Any of these labels can potentially launch a girl into superstardom. To say that Gucci & Chanel are not on the same level as CK & Prada is crazy to me, considering that all four are extremely well known labels; but hey, plenty of people agree with you on that one, so maybe I'm wrong.....
No no! i mean that prada and the big excl ck are on the same level as gucci, chanel! Not that chanel en gucci are below prada!!!!
And sure only Lara got the big exclusive deal, but i mean that is at least on the same level as a gucci or chanel campaign.

about prada: it's true that prada isn't what it used to be. for me, anyone can grab prada these day's.

But to honest, i reallư don't know that's the top 10 for blue chip or something.
I just think that prada og is a really big deal in the fashionworld, just like opening the show is. And that if you score a big fat CK excl. contract that also one of the prestigious deals is in the industry.


Last edited by Forrest; 27-11-2011 at 03:22 PM.
 
27-11-2011
  904
fashion icon
 
valliaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,214
^^Some of those labels you mentioned on the 3rd tier should be on the 2nd tier, and vice versa, imo. Like I think that Donna Karan, ODLR, & Marc Jacobs are much more prestigios than Ralph Laurenn & Bvlgari; however, you are probably right about the big four, except shouldn't LV be a part of that group?
Posted via Mobile Device

 
27-11-2011
  905
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,740
ralph lauren and bulgari are huge. these companies generate billion of dollars in revenue annually and they have public recognition as established luxury houses. they have stores all over the world. donna karen, odlr, and marc jacobs on the other hand are tiny in comparison. ralph lauren paid valentina millions of dollars per year for her contract and ralph lauren ads are in almost every magazine; i dont really see how marc jacobs, donna karen and odlr can do this to a model.

 
27-11-2011
  906
fashion icon
 
valliaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,214
^Yes, but some level of prestige needs to be counted in to be a 2nd tier label, imo. I mean, to me Ralph Lauren is a very commercial rtw label, and although Valentina is getting paid big $$$ to front the brand, her other work is not stellar. Donna Karan & ODLR may not be as financially successful as Ralph Lauren, but they definitely helps a model's career more. I'm not saying that Ralph Lauren hurts a model's career, but it surely doesn't mean much in MDC's eyes. Anna Selezneva was moved down in the ranks this season, and she was in the RL campaign. Meanwhile, girls like Isabeli, Karlie & Abbey Lee are in DK & ODLR campaigns and are getting alot more work than the RL girls. If RL was so prestigious, then Valentina, Magdalena & Anna would be in the top 10. If a model wants the $$$, then go to RL, but to me that company is just as prestigious as Express or Maybelline
Posted via Mobile Device

 
27-11-2011
  907
V.I.P.
 
agee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,113
Congacon, I don't agree with everything you wrote (and that is to be expected) but I think that you did a great job organizing and synthesizing things. I would either add Louis Vuitton to the top tier or swap it with Prada. I would put Donna Karan in the second tier because I do think those ads run frequently in magazines - although that may just be the magazines that I read / browse through. I am kinda on the fence about ODLR - I think that it is fine where it is but it is borderline. Balmain does not belong in the second tier, they hire top photographers and models but kinda like McQueen and JPG they don't seem to publish the ads that widely.

I don't think that you should change Dolce and Gabbana, Burberry or Ralph Lauren but I will just pontificate that their ads run in many magazines and in prominent places.

I would consider Victoria's Secret a crown jewel contract in general, but not so much if you are relating it to being a factor in being ranked on the MDC Women's List - they seem to be hit and miss with that.

Again great job!


Last edited by agee; 27-11-2011 at 04:22 PM.
 
27-11-2011
  908
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
^Yes, but some level of prestige needs to be counted in to be a 2nd tier label, imo. I mean, to me Ralph Lauren is a very commercial rtw label, and although Valentina is getting paid big $$$ to front the brand, her other work is not stellar. Donna Karan & ODLR may not be as financially successful as Ralph Lauren, but they definitely helps a model's career more. I'm not saying that Ralph Lauren hurts a model's career, but it surely doesn't mean much in MDC's eyes. Anna Selezneva was moved down in the ranks this season, and she was in the RL campaign. Meanwhile, girls like Isabeli, Karlie & Abbey Lee are in DK & ODLR campaigns and are getting alot more work than the RL girls. If RL was so prestigious, then Valentina, Magdalena & Anna would be in the top 10. If a model wants the $$$, then go to RL, but to me that company is just as prestigious as Express or Maybelline
Posted via Mobile Device
i have to disagree with you on this. donna karen definitely did not put karlie and isabellie on the map. if any campaign that put karlie's on the map that must be dior. when people talk about karlie they would mention about dior and of course her print works that put her on the map. and isabel's resume was impressive before donna karen so i dont think donna karen campaign does much for her.

one big campaign doesnt put a model straight in top 10 or 50. it is a combination of all works. im sure ralph lauren campaign does a lot for sui he as a new girl. ralph lauren campaign is not too prestigious in a fashion sense but it super prestigious in a commercial sense. how many fashions house in the industry that would pay millions of dollars to a model(valentina) a year? right now i can only name ralph lauren and ck. so a combination of commercial and fashion factors makes ralph lauren a big blue chip campaign for me.


Last edited by congacon; 27-11-2011 at 08:32 PM.
 
27-11-2011
  909
fashion icon
 
valliaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,214
^By no means did I say that Donna Karan put Karlie or Isabeli on the map. I was just trying to say that based on their model choices, it is a more prestigious campaign to book than Ralph Lauren is. And you're right that Ralph Lauren is more prestigious IN A COMMERCIAL SENSE, but it doesn't help a model's rank in the top 50 as much as a Donna Karan campaign does. I know RL pays a lot- but so does Maybelline, VS & Covergirl. These brands don't do much for a model's rank UNLESS she proves she can do both HF & commercial.

 
27-11-2011
  910
®
 
IAmLordZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Manila
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
I know RL pays a lot- but so does Maybelline, VS & Covergirl. These brands don't do much for a model's rank UNLESS she proves she can do both HF & commercial.
you're so gung-ho on shoving Joan's EL contract on our faces; yet you conveniently relegate these equally prestigious beauty contracts as not doing much for a model's rank? HAHA! i mean even Arlenis had / has a Lancome contract and she's a model of color so Joan didn't exactly make history or anything. but yeah i digress.

anyway joan's missing a slew of fragrance contracts, at least FIVE big Vogue covers or other equally prestigious magazines and yes OG blue chip campaigns. maybe a little more editorial work too.

doesn't lara's 2-year lease on MDC's top rank expire by march of 2012? i think they're replacing by then.

__________________
THE MAGAZINE STAND tumblr
 
27-11-2011
  911
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
^By no means did I say that Donna Karan put Karlie or Isabeli on the map. I was just trying to say that based on their model choices, it is a more prestigious campaign to book than Ralph Lauren is. And you're right that Ralph Lauren is more prestigious IN A COMMERCIAL SENSE, but it doesn't help a model's rank in the top 50 as much as a Donna Karan campaign does. I know RL pays a lot- but so does Maybelline, VS & Covergirl. These brands don't do much for a model's rank UNLESS she proves she can do both HF & commercial.
vs actually does a lot for a models. i dont think adriana or ale would be able to score vogue covers or a few small campaigns without vs. for established models like daria, or natalia, vs wont help them much but for less well known models vs makes a big difference in their career.

think about candice or miranda, where would they be today without vs? these girls scored vogue italian covers and a few others and also campaign like prada, jil sanders or tom ford. candice started out as a hf model didnt get any success then boom that vs contract and now she is everywhere in the world of fashion. dont u think vs helps(directly and indirectly) candice, miranda, ale to rank in the top 50.

vs gives models exposure, money and longevity in the industry. if u get a vs contract then you are guaranteed to stay in the industry for a few years. even big campaign like prada or chanel don't guarantee u a long career( a few years), think about heidi mount, and so many prada girls....

if u ask me, i definitely think vs contract is one of the most prestigious contract in the industry(high fashion and commercial)


Last edited by congacon; 27-11-2011 at 09:35 PM.
 
27-11-2011
  912
fashion icon
 
valliaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
you're so gung-ho on shoving Joan's EL contract on our faces; yet you conveniently relegate these equally prestigious beauty contracts as not doing much for a model's rank? HAHA! i mean even Arlenis had / has a Lancome contract and she's a model of color so Joan didn't exactly make history or anything. but yeah i digress.
Did you not read what my previous post that you just quoted? I said that a big contract doesn't mean much to MDC unless a model books HF work on top of that. Arlenis shouldn't be in the top 50 because she barely does anything big besides Lancome. If that were the case with Joan, then I would say the same thing.

Oh, and Maybelline & Covergirl are not even close to being prestigious as Estee Lauder. EL is a luxury label. Their products range on average from about $25-50. They cater to the same customers that buy Gucci & Chanel. Maybelline & Covergirl products on the other hand are sold at Walmart. They are by no means luxurious brands, therefore they are not prestigious.

I am definitely on Team Joan, but I am also aware that she needs a few more big bookings in order to take the top spot. I'm sorry if you think I shove my opinions in everyone's faces. I try to back my opinions up with fact & logic.

 
27-11-2011
  913
tfs star
 
Riseup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: the world!!!
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,691
As for Lara's successor there's no doubt the strongest candidate is Arizona at the moment and as for the most prestigious beauty contract, Lancome is the best one by far and a proof of that is Arlenis ranking..

 
27-11-2011
  914
V.I.P.
 
alonsoJonathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,261
im sorry but all this new girls.Arizona n Joan ()
their resumes do NOt match not even 50% of models like Natasha,Anja,Freja,Sasha have had done in their career.

even models like Abbey,Karlie have better careers than Joan n Arizona(specially arizona)
the only reason i see Arizona or joan becoming the new number is if they get 10 blue chip campaigns OG n at least 2 covers every month to even be Consider in the same lavel as the other girls. or even getting the #1 spot by March,when Lara get removed if she gets removed.

so i think it really depends in this Upcoming Season if either one of the stablished girls(Anja,Freja() or Natasha do well than they maybe either one of them can take the #1 spot.IMO

If Arizona get the #1 spot there is no way it will be just her.she is gonna have to share that spot with someone else.

__________________
Anja Rubik,Isabeli Fontana,Natasha Poly
Status: Online
 
27-11-2011
  915
tfs star
 
Riseup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: the world!!!
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,691
Vey true Alonso, we have girls like Sasha, Freja, Natasha, who have been booking campaigns for ages now and still manage to book every season, these girls are the one to beat...

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.