How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-11-2011
V.I.P.

i think MDC have a really hard Job to do. once they move Lara to the Icon List i think the Top 50 will drastically change.

i think girls like Anja,Natasha,Freja have to be removed if neither one of them become #1.
the question is are they in the same lavel as the girls in the Icon List?
do they deserve a Spot in that list.

i said it Before girls like Amber Valletta,Christy Turlington,Linda Evangelista,Naomi Campbell,Claudia Schiffer should be Remove is ridiculous having them at the Spots that they are.we know they are Super,top Models is embarrasing having them in ranks like that. they should be Removed n replace them with some Top models that are Still working.

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

I don't think that high ranking on the MDC Women's List, importance to a model's career and prestige are necessarily synonymous. For example booking the Ralph Lauren mainline or certain other lines like their Blue Label is VERY important to a HIGH fashion model's career and the fact that that was not reflected in Magdalena's, Sui (if true, I don't know since I just started following her) and especially Anna S's MDC rank is a mess up on their part. Now if I had to guess why that happened, it may be because RL is not a big factor in the methodology for the Women's rankings because RL contract models seem to have very tight exclusivity agreements with RL and as such only work for RL with a few random non-US bookings thrown in. Ralph Lauren's contract models tend to get acknowledged on MDC's Money Girls' list, but for some reason a model booking the Ralph Lauren campaign without a contract does not seem to register in the rankings even though the model got paid very well and may have appeared in prominent places in the major fashion magazines. Also high-end brands and prestige don't necessarily go hand-in-hand, for a while Gap and now H&M are prestigious bookings, VS is also a sought after booking but there are some bookings (campaign and runway) with houses that are part of the Chambre Syndicale that aren't as sought after by fashion models and their agents as working for certain mass-market brands.

Last edited by agee; 28-11-2011 at 03:05 AM.

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

Lara was made number 1 in februay 2010, so i guess she will removed in february.

I agree with AlonsoJonathan: Arizona and Joan are way to new to be already at the top spot. That wouldn't be fair imo yo natasha, freja, anja, abbey, sasha, karlie.

as for the blue chips. i don't know. i think it's first really important that is a OG.

28-11-2011
fashion icon

As far as the icons list goes, I think that some of the supers needs to be removed (Linda, Christy, Naomi & Amber). I guess Claudia should stay based on her number of covers, but the others are just not working enough. I also think that when Lara graduates to the icons list she should take Natasha & Sasha with her. They are both "iconic" enough in their own right. Natasha is the known as the quintessential Gucci girl, while Sasha is known as the quintessential Prada girl. They both have left their marks, and they both are very memorable. Anja & Freja should stay in the top 50 list because according to some TFSers, there is still a glimmer of hope for them to become #1. Oh, and KK (Karolina) has deserved her icons spot for some time. So here is my list:

1) Gisele Bundchen
2) Kate Moss
3) Daria Werbowy
4) Natalia Vodianova
5) Raquel Zimmermann
6) Lara Stone
7) Isabeli Fontana
8) Karen Elson
9) Kristen McMenamy
10) Carolyn Murphy
11) Mariacarla Boscona
12) Stella Tennant
13) Karolina Kurkova
14) Malgosia Bela
15) Claudia Schiffer
16) Natasha Poly
17) Sasha Pivovareva
18) Guinevere van Seenus
19) Liya Kebede
20) Angela Lindvall

Remember that the list isn't supposed to reflect who is the most iconic, but how much work the icon gets . So what do you think?
Posted via Mobile Device

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

A while back someone posted the #1s and IIRC their tenures from over the years and I tried to do a search for it in this and the previous thread and could not find it, does anyone have a link to that post or know how to extract that list? Thanks.

28-11-2011
scenester

^^

honestly, i think models like isabeli, lara and raquel gets more jobs than say.. gisele n kate. but it wouldn't be appropriate for them to be ranked higher than the two uber models. there are definitely in the league of their own alongside the other supers.

28-11-2011
Oh Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
A while back someone posted the #1s and IIRC their tenures from over the years and I tried to do a search for it in this and the previous thread and could not find it, does anyone have a link to that post or know how to extract that list? Thanks.

I remember seeing that. Natasha is potentially having a campaign comeback season. I can just feel it. Fendi Resort was the start of it and now she has Dsquared2 and Jil Sander.

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo84 View Post
^^

honestly, i think models like isabeli, lara and raquel gets more jobs than say.. gisele n kate. but it wouldn't be appropriate for them to be ranked higher than the two uber models. there are definitely in the league of their own alongside the other supers.
i feel the top 50 is the same
Yes Joan n Arizona() might be getting more work than some of the other girls.but still they cant be In the league that Sasha,Natasha,Anja,freja are.

28-11-2011
backstage pass

I like your list Valliaddict except I don't think that Lara should be before Isabeli who's seriously everywhere and doing everything! Fashion and otherwise...

28-11-2011
fashion icon

^I didn't do any research before making the list, but I would assume that Lara has more covers than Isabeli as well as an exlusive contract, no? I had a hard time deciding who should be higher between Lara, Isabeli & Raquel!! :p
Posted via Mobile Device

28-11-2011
fashion elite

i wouldn't put isabelli above lara. bc lara still has more works than isabelli and best of all her works are more superior.

the fact that lara is a regular editorial girl for vogue us is unbeatable, editorial wise. and covers wise, lara is unbeatable this season also. her ck exclusive contract is huge.

28-11-2011
fashion elite

raquel's ranking above lara and isabelli is indisputable. raquel is miles ahead of these 2 girls. gucci, hermes, lv, ysl, chloe, fendi, lanvin.......she has done it all. her editorial work is years ahead of these 2.

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
i wouldn't put isabelli above lara. bc lara still has more works than isabelli and best of all her works are more superior.

the fact that lara is a regular editorial girl for vogue us is unbeatable, editorial wise. and covers wise, lara is unbeatable this season also. her ck exclusive contract is huge.
the only work from lara stone that i see more superior is the ck contract.
besides that.i think Lara has not done anything that Isabeli has not done.

Isabeli has 35 vogue cover.lara only has 18.
Campaign wise i think they both have done good.

so who knows

28-11-2011
fashion elite

actually lara vogue covers are more prestigious than isabelli's. lara has 7-9 vogue paris covers and more importantly she appeared in some of the more important issues like the 90th anniversary issue or september issue. she also has many british covers and japanese covers and an italian cover which are considered as more important vogue editions. isabelli on the other hand has a million vogue brazil covers besides 4-5 vogue paris that she had.

sure isabelli has more vogue covers and campaigns than lara but isabeli has been in the business way longer than lara. and the ranking only takes works over the past 3 years into consideration.

28-11-2011
tfs star

If anything, Raquel is low on the icon list. It really is one of the most stellar careers of all-times. Should be in the top five.

I'd rank Isabeli over Lara but I can see the arguments for either!

Last edited by Vinciano; 28-11-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings