How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
A while back someone posted the #1s and IIRC their tenures from over the years and I tried to do a search for it in this and the previous thread and could not find it, does anyone have a link to that post or know how to extract that list? Thanks.
i'd really like to see this as well.

i think it was something like this:

Gisele
Angela
KK
Liya
Daria
Raquel
Lara

at roughly 2 years each between 2000-present.

28-11-2011
fashion elite

^Gemma was in between Daria & Raquel
Posted via Mobile Device

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

wasnt Liya n Angela at #1 at the same time?

29-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
actually lara vogue covers are more prestigious than isabelli's. lara has 7-9 vogue paris covers and more importantly she appeared in some of the more important issues like the 90th anniversary issue or september issue. she also has many british covers and japanese covers and an italian cover which are considered as more important vogue editions. isabelli on the other hand has a million vogue brazil covers besides 4-5 vogue paris that she had.

sure isabelli has more vogue covers and campaigns than lara but isabeli has been in the business way longer than lara. and the ranking only takes works over the past 3 years into consideration.
I agree with you on this one.
Lara got even two italian covers, one og and one mg. And indeed got the sept. issue, anniversay issue.. and i know it's not for extra points but she was on alts very first issue..

but you can make for both a good case.

29-11-2011
fashion elite

i thought giselle was on the cover of alt's first issue............or lara depends on how u look at it. i still think that giselle is definitely on alt's first issue even tho the majority of all the contents in that issue were produced under carine's era but giselle was alt's choice as a cover girl.

lara was on the cover of an issue which all contents were produced under alt's regime.

29-11-2011
less is more

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
i'd really like to see this as well.

i think it was something like this:

Gisele
Angela
KK
Liya
Daria
Raquel
Lara

at roughly 2 years each between 2000-present.
Surely Natalia would be in there somewhere?

29-11-2011
V.I.P.

^^ depends indeed how you look at it. I choose the one with Emmanuelle Alt her full vision for Vogue Paris: the August 2011 issue.

But Gisele was her first cover. So yes, depends which area you're gonna take.

But both deserves then extra points

29-11-2011
tfs star

Add a new Vogue Italia og cover for Karlie...a few more campaigns and she can take the top spot..

29-11-2011
V.I.P.

well the race is def. ON!!!

Freja- Chloe n Hugo cam.
Karlie- Vogue Italia/Germany n Etro campaign
Joan- Chanel n for sure she will get more work
Natasha-Dsquared n Jil
Anja- ?
Arizona-Chloe,Fendi.

lets wait n see

29-11-2011
fashion elite

very interesting at this point bc no one is a clear winner yet. print works wise, karlie and arizona are neck in neck.

campaign wise, joan is a heavy weight with her chanel and el campaigns. arizona has a good start too with her fendi only girl campaigns. campaigns like dsquared, jil , etro, hugo by hugo boss(black hugo boss is a major campaign) are not major at all.

we still dont know who will front campaigns like prada, gucci, odlr, marc jacobs, salvatore, celine, stella, roberto cavalli, dior, burberry, so the race is very wide open at this point.

if there is no clear winner for the season then automatically freja will be the new number one based on her past works.

29-11-2011
fashion elite

Why isn't Saskia in the top 10, yet? OG Versace, OG Chanel, & MG Givenchy for sure deserves a spot in the top 10. I know it will happen soon, but it should have happened already, as well as Sigrid.
Posted via Mobile Device

29-11-2011
fashion elite

I just found out that Karlie is on the cover of VI this month, which makes me think that Meisel is shooting her for a big campaign. Probably Dior again, so I have to admit that Karlie is probably the front runner now.......
Posted via Mobile Device

29-11-2011
fashion elite

remember, big campaigns are still more prestigious than big covers.

29-11-2011
fashion elite

^yes I'm aware, but this just gives me the sneaking suspicion that Karlie is shooting Dior again. We will see..........

29-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Why isn't Saskia in the top 10, yet? OG Versace, OG Chanel, & MG Givenchy for sure deserves a spot in the top 10. I know it will happen soon, but it should have happened already, as well as Sigrid.
Posted via Mobile Device
Cause Chanel wasn't the spring/summer campaign just the pre spring wasn't it? Chanel S/S 2012 is a mg, however saskia does have a vogue paris og, vogue italia og cover, a id cover. But editorial wise i doubt that she will be in vp ever and she also isn't a regular in like vogue us or vogue uk (which models like arizona and karlie are). So she isn't really everywhere but yes scoring big campaigns she will be in the top 10.

Well well karlie got her third vogue italia cover (2 og), that's impressive. And i think she deserves a big og campaign!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings