How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-12-2011
fashion insider

i think that Arizona is being a little overrated, she's got many campaigns in the last few seasons but the really big ones are only Prada and YSL, maybe Chloé.. Joan's big campaigns are Gucci (twice), Givenchy, Cavalli, and EL and Chanel that are really major especially for a black latina!
Arizona's no. 7 is right because all her work has taken her that high and i think now we should only consider her S/S 12 campaigns and her more recent print work to think in moving her up, also the top 5 have more quality work than her and Liu Wen and Constance have the EL contract so her spot is ok imo

about Karlie moving up.. that's a big sign, they seem to be setting her for no. 1
glad for Sasha and Natasha should've been moved down

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Sorry for the confusion, but I was talking about the campaign queen of the top 50, not competing against icons. :p

I don't think anyone in the top 50 will beat EL, Chanel, Pirelli Calendar, & Gucci(I know she isn't confirmed yet, but most would agree that she will probably get it). Karlie will be #1 though because she will probably have VS & Dior at the same time.
How is the Pirelli calendar a campaign? I think Joan needs to prove herself/her longevity more before she can gain the number one status.

01-12-2011
fashion icon

^MDC has the Pirelli Calendar labeled as "advertisement", and it count towards a model's campaign list, so I consider it to be a campaign if MDC does. I don't think Joan has a chance at #1 anymore, especially since they bumped Karlie up a spot, but I still think that Joan will have a better campaign season. I'm happy for Karlie, though. She has been in the game for a while and she deserves the spot.

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
i feel the top 50 is the same
Yes Joan n Arizona() might be getting more work than some of the other girls.but still they cant be In the league that Sasha,Natasha,Anja,freja are.
That's what I'm trying to say. Sasha , Natasha , Anja , Freja they have left marks on the fashion industry for a prolonged period of time. They have always been working consistently and are very exclusive models that are synonymous with the word 'top model' .. they haven't just scored a lot of campaigns at one point.. to only fade away later on. These girls have done a majority of the prestigious jobs and have had continuous industry support. They are iconic in their own ways because they have maintained their position int he industry for so long that to place a girl like Arizona above them would be insulting.

Last edited by WerbowyStegner; 01-12-2011 at 09:56 PM.

02-12-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
i think that Arizona is being a little overrated, she's got many campaigns in the last few seasons but the really big ones are only Prada and YSL, maybe Chloé.. Joan's big campaigns are Gucci (twice), Givenchy, Cavalli, and EL and Chanel that are really major especially for a black latina!
Arizona's no. 7 is right because all her work has taken her that high and i think now we should only consider her S/S 12 campaigns and her more recent print work to think in moving her up, also the top 5 have more quality work than her and Liu Wen and Constance have the EL contract so her spot is ok imo

about Karlie moving up.. that's a big sign, they seem to be setting her for no. 1
glad for Sasha and Natasha should've been moved down
thanks this ranking is so dumb anyway I refuse to take it seriously.

Last edited by Bretonne; 02-12-2011 at 01:46 AM.

02-12-2011
trendsetter

i am wondering how anja rubik feels at this moment...she takes 10+ years to get #3, while karlie...u know what i mean.
anyway, if karlie took vogue paris and became a regular favourite, then she has so strong VOGUE SUPPORTS from usa, paris, and milan.

go karlie go.

Last edited by balmain1914; 02-12-2011 at 06:40 AM.

02-12-2011
trendsetter

Has Jac Jagaciak posed nude for Vogue before? just wondering...

02-12-2011
fashion icon

^I don't think so, or at least I hope not. Isn't she like 16?

02-12-2011
fashion elite

^I think shes 18 or almost 18

02-12-2011
front row

No she has never done nudes for Vogue or any magazine, thanks God because she's only 17. She will be 18 on January

02-12-2011
V.I.P.

They moved Karlie to number 3, isn't it obvious now she will be the next number one?
Well, her new VI ed left me speechless, in a very good way I must admit
Glad they moved Sasha to number 4.

02-12-2011
fashion icon

Yeah, Karlie will definitely be #1 now. She just got a Numero cover. I'm 100% sure she will be #1.

03-12-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Yeah, Karlie will definitely be #1 now. She just got a Numero cover. I'm 100% sure she will be #1.
yup, i agree. But if Karlie conquered #1, she must be staying there for a long time before she heads into icon list. She still can't be an icon, even Freja-ish, Anja-ish can't be.

03-12-2011
fashion icon

^After two years of being #1, I think Karlie could definitely be an icon. Two years from now, she will probably be a huge VS star & still getting huge campaigns shot by Meisel. Just remember how young Gemma was when she became an icon.
Posted via Mobile Device

03-12-2011
V.I.P.

have you guys notice that MDC has the VS commercials as a Campaign work? have they always do that?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings