How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-07-2011
tfs star

Luxx

Is there any way you can tell us how the Top Earning Girls are ranked? I thought it would be near impossible to estimate how much a model earns in a year and how much they do get paid since not all jobs pay the same.. Which is kinda why I don't really trust the Forbes list..

And why is Natasha Poly not in the sexy list?

20-07-2011
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.cruz146 View Post
Luxx

Is there any way you can tell us how the Top Earning Girls are ranked? I thought it would be near impossible to estimate how much a model earns in a year and how much they do get paid since not all jobs pay the same.. Which is kinda why I don't really trust the Forbes list..

And why is Natasha Poly not in the sexy list?
I don't handle that one myself, so I don't know if it would be tactful to get into the nitty gritty, but it is very difficult to estimate those things. We definitely have to always go back and check with the sources involved to make sure of the figures/terms, which can be a lengthy process. Certainly interesting though!

You know I actually wonder about the Forbes list sometimes too! Like when they say certain girls make nearly 50 million a year!

I think Natasha Poly would slap me if I put her on the list

Last edited by Luxx; 20-07-2011 at 12:10 AM.

20-07-2011
front row

maybe sasha should move up now.Now she have Giorgio Armani ,HUGO by Hugo Boss,Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Fragrance and Piaget Limelight high jewellery collection,she should come back to No.3.

20-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Jourdan's only blue chip campaigns that I can ever remeber are Burberry twice and YSL Cosmetics once, which she was not under a beauty contract. Two years ago, Jourdan probably should have been higher than Chanel or Sessilee, but none of them have acheived what Joan has.
Well i wouldn't put it like that Jourdan has achieved things Joan hasn't and vice versa i.e. the first black girl to walk for prada in over a decade, vougue italia cover (all black issues). Jourdan's first blue chip was the calvin klein ad in 09, Joan is really doing the damn thing when it comes to campaigns especially for a black girl, that cant be denied but her covers etc leave a lot to be deisired.

20-07-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post

RE: Jourdan, yes she should have something coming out soon.
Well that's a relief! I know she shot an ad for one of the major cosmetic lines that never came to pass after news of her pregnancy broke............hopefully it's a cosmetics contract!

20-07-2011
front row

I thought she have ysl cosmetics contract. All the cosmetic campaigns have a token black girl so I dont think its that. Besides maybelline dropped her after her pregnancy came about and I doubt they would pick her upup now. Arlenis have lancome, joan estee, jessica maybelline, liya l.oreal, revlon dont use models. I dont think its a cosmetic campaign but who knows.

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

I hope it's a Vogue cover for Jourdan. She deserves it. Vogue Italia/Paris, or even Vogue UK. It's about damn time.

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AileenK View Post
maybe sasha should move up now.Now she have Giorgio Armani ,HUGO by Hugo Boss,Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Fragrance and Piaget Limelight high jewellery collection,she should come back to No.3.
since models.com never put Sasha back in 2008 as No.1
and put Raquel instead, clearly Sasha has never been played fairly
so I doubt they'd move her up, if so it would be miracle

Sasha has been getting Blue Chip Campaigns season after season

21-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post
I work directly with Top Sexiest, in addition to handling several other things on the site outside of the rankings
I've gotta ask you why Lara Stone is on that list. She's not sexy at all, she just has big boobs. Same with Doutzen. And if you handle other things on the site do you know why some big editorial for some girls (ie. a Vogue Japan ed.) won't be put on the site, yet something tiny for another model (ie. a Harper's reprint cover for some tiny country) will be uploaded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
yes n maryna should be in the top ten!

well it must be difficult to really make everyone happy! so karma to you!

cant wait!! any hint?
I think "We can all agree that there are more than 20 sexy models working these days right?" was the hint.

21-07-2011
fashion elite

^There are a lot of people who find Lara and Doutzen sexy but the list is down to opinion, it's not something your can measure with covers and ad campaigns like the top 50. There are girls there who don't fit my idea of what is sexy but I can see why they appeal to other people in that way. I think Freja is sexy and deserving of a place but I know some people will shudder at that suggestion.

21-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoother View Post
I think "We can all agree that there are more than 20 sexy models working these days right?" was the hint.

this! can't wait to see!

21-07-2011
hors concours♛

Isn't the sexy list based on the kind of/how much "sexy" work that model gets? Victoria's Secret,GQ etc...Bar Refaeli,Marisa Miller who are known as sex symbols were moved off the list because they do not work much anymore.

21-07-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
since models.com never put Sasha back in 2008 as No.1
and put Raquel instead, clearly Sasha has never been played fairly
so I doubt they'd move her up, if so it would be miracle

Sasha has been getting Blue Chip Campaigns season after season
Agree!IMO,Sasha should move up to NO.3 ,and Anja should replace Natasha,because Anja has enough major word to become a no.2 with Freja.
What's more, Natasha just had Roberto Cavalli 、H&M and Givenchy in 2011 which were less than Anja had in 2011.

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AileenK View Post
Agree!IMO,Sasha should move up to NO.3 ,and Anja should replace Natasha,because Anja has enough major word to become a no.2 with Freja.
What's more, Natasha just had Roberto Cavalli 、H&M and Givenchy in 2011 which were less than Anja had in 2011.
ikr, I love Natasha but Sasha has ALWAYS been getting getting tons of Campaigns per season. It always bothering why They give Sasha such injustice and the more she works and gets campaigns the more they pull her down
back in 2008 when Sasha's work was literally everywhere, LOL putting Raquel as No.1 was a Joke

and Sasha LOWER than Joan Smalls who doesnt have a single magazine cover and LOWER than Abbey who only got Gucci and isn't doing much these days, though I think Abbey will move down soon as she is more concentrating in her music career and is not that much in demand.

Last edited by LiranYana; 21-07-2011 at 09:31 AM.

21-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelabella View Post
Isn't the sexy list based on the kind of/how much "sexy" work that model gets? Victoria's Secret,GQ etc...Bar Refaeli,Marisa Miller who are known as sex symbols were moved off the list because they do not work much anymore.
that's why I don't understand why Gisele is still on the list
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings