How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-07-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Savvy View Post
Off-topic but I was just searching the rankings during November 2005 and here they are. Quite interesting imo:

50. Querelle Jansen
49. Izabel Goulart
48. Eloise Anderson
47. Alyssa Miller
46. Claudia Merikula
45. Emina Cunmulaj
44. Mona Johannesson
43. Irina Lazareanu
42. Hilary Rhoda
41. Heather Bratton
40. Vlada Roslyakova
39. Shannan Click
38. Hye Park
37. Inguna Butane
36. Michelle Buswell; Julia Dunstall
35. Anja Rubik
34. Nataliya Gotsii
33. Anne Vyalitsyna
32. Lydia Hearst; Marina Peres
31. Kim Noorda
30. Snejana Onopka
29. Louise Pedersen
28. Valentina Zelyaeva
27. Jaunel McKenzie
26. Caroline Winberg
25. Polina Kouklina
24. Jeisa Chiminazzo
23. Heather Marks
22. Marta Berzkalna
21. Anouck Lepère
20. Iselin Steiro
19. Cameron Russell
18. Luca Gadjus; Solange Wilvert
17. Bianca Balti
16. Lily Cole; Guinevere van Seenus
15. Lisa Cant; Doutzen Kroes
14. Hannelore Knuts; Tiiu Kuik
13. Jessica Stam; Freja Beha Erichsen
12. Sasha Pivovarova
11. Missy Rayder
10. Marija Vujovic; Caroline Trentini
9. Natasha Poly
8. Mariacarla Boscono; Diana Dondoe
7. Élise Crombez
6. Raquel Zimmermann; Lily Donaldson
5. Eugenia Volodina
4. Hana Soukupova
3. Isabeli Fontana; Julia Stegner
2. Gemma Ward
1. Daria Werbowy

Oh how I miss the models of mid 2000s.
where is Malgosia Bela? i remember Daria and Isabeli went to the icon list at the same time .is it right?

21-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
^There are a lot of people who find Lara and Doutzen sexy but the list is down to opinion, it's not something your can measure with covers and ad campaigns like the top 50. There are girls there who don't fit my idea of what is sexy but I can see why they appeal to other people in that way. I think Freja is sexy and deserving of a place but I know some people will shudder at that suggestion.
Lara and Doutzen have less of a mainstream sex appeal than Freja though. Doutzen's body is so masculine it's scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
ikr, I love Natasha but Sasha has ALWAYS been getting getting tons of Campaigns per season. It always bothering why They give Sasha such injustice and the more she works and gets campaigns the more they pull her down
back in 2008 when Sasha's work was literally everywhere, LOL putting Raquel as No.1 was a Joke

and Sasha LOWER than Joan Smalls who doesnt have a single magazine cover and LOWER than Abbey who only got Gucci and isn't doing much these days, though I think Abbey will move down soon as she is more concentrating in her music career and is not that much in demand.
Sasha is on the same rank as Abbey, and Abbey's campaigns always come out later than the other girls for some reason. She probably has 5 more coming out soon. Abbey is still very much in demand and she's still working a lot. You're so biased and I'm not even sure if you realize it.

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AileenK View Post
where is Malgosia Bela? i remember Daria and Isabeli went to the icon list at the same time .is it right?
I dont think so if i remember right isabeli came back to number 2 for a lil be,i think it was the last days when raquel was No.1 or first days when lara git the No 1 spot. dont really remember.
but Isabeli was in No.2 for like 2 /3 week.than they realize that she was a TOTAL icon n put it on that list.

i wish i can help you more but that is all i remember

21-07-2011
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoother View Post
I've gotta ask you why Lara Stone is on that list. She's not sexy at all, she just has big boobs. Same with Doutzen.
I don't know what to tell you other than talk to Calvin Klein and Victoria's Secret and tell them that.

I personally find someone like Saskia to be very sexy, but I would never put her on the sexiest list since that isn't how she is marketed and those aren't the clients she works with really.

Surprised people don't like Gisele being on the sexy list. Different strokes I guess, she's got herself a massive contract with Fidelia though, that is in the Asian market but rest assured Gisele has not left the sexy arena.

michelabella is correct in that it is just about who is getting certain types of work / being marketed in a certain sort of way. So it is a combination of things - re: Gisele, she might not be a VS Angel anymore, but she is still GISELE and a big part of her success revolves around the fact that she's still fashion's reigning Brazilian bombshell.

Quote:
And if you handle other things on the site do you know why some big editorial for some girls (ie. a Vogue Japan ed.) won't be put on the site, yet something tiny for another model (ie. a Harper's reprint cover for some tiny country) will be uploaded?
Sorry, I have absolutely nothing to do with the database/model profile side of things.

21-07-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post

I don't know what to tell you other than talk to Calvin Klein and Victoria's Secret and tell them that.

I personally find someone like Saskia to be very sexy, but I would never put her on the sexiest list since that isn't how she is marketed and those aren't the clients she works with really.

Surprised people don't like Gisele being on the sexy list. Different strokes I guess, she's got herself a massive contract with Fidelia though, that is in the Asian market but rest assured Gisele has not left the sexy arena.

michelabella is correct in that it is just about who is getting certain types of work / being marketed in a certain sort of way. So it is a combination of things - re: Gisele, she might not be a VS Angel anymore, but she is still GISELE and a big part of her success revolves around the fact that she's still fashion's reigning Brazilian bombshell.

Sorry, I have absolutely nothing to do with the database/model profile side of things.
hi,Luxx,i want to confirm something that is model.com know what Campaigns the model will get before the Campaigns come out?

21-07-2011
boop

Quote:
hi,Luxx,i want to confirm something that is model.com know what Campaigns the model will get before the Campaigns come out?
Y'all are trying to get me in trouble!!

That notion is not incorrect...

21-07-2011
hors concours♛

thanks Luxx you said exactly what I thought. To my knowledge Gise has 3 Lingerie contracts and still does occasional bikini work and is known as a "sexy model" by the average non fashion follower.

21-07-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Daria went first,then Gemma NO.1,then Raquel NO.1,then Isabeli became No.2 for a while,she went to icon list,i think.

21-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post

I'll let them know they're wrong. They try to be sexy and just fail so hard. Lara walked the VS show and got called ugly, Doutzen just looks like a man all the time... You probably think I'm a hypocrite for telling Liranyana she's too biased, but you must be blind if you find them sexy.

21-07-2011
tfs star

Gisele never was NO.1 on sexist list

21-07-2011
tfs star

Quote:
I'll let them know they're wrong. They try to be sexy and just fail so hard. Lara walked the VS show and got called ugly, Doutzen just looks like a man all the time... You probably think I'm a hypocrite for telling Liranyana she's too biased, but you must be blind if you find them sexy.
Why u think doutzen looks like a man???i don't get that
even i don't think she is sexy ,but she is VS angel and she got many so-called sexy covers before she pregnanted.they put her on the list all because of these reasons i guess.

21-07-2011
hors concours♛

Doutzen post baby looks less muscly. Plus the average male/the sexy market mostly just want the girl to look healthy/curvy with some T&A. Freja may be sexy by some people's opinion but does she do VS/GQ/SI/bikini work? bc I think that's what the sexy list is all about, not how sexy we think someone does or doesn't look.

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

21-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelabella View Post
Doutzen post baby looks less muscly. Plus the average male/the sexy market mostly just want the girl to look healthy/curvy with some T&A. Freja may be sexy by some people's opinion but does she do VS/GQ/SI/bikini work? bc I think that's what the sexy list is all about, not how sexy we think someone does or doesn't look.
There are no curves here, just muscle. I am curvier than this and I have the body of a 12 year old.

models.com

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:

Sasha is on the same rank as Abbey, and Abbey's campaigns always come out later than the other girls for some reason. She probably has 5 more coming out soon. Abbey is still very much in demand and she's still working a lot. You're so biased and I'm not even sure if you realize it.
Abbey has more camapigns ? really
as far as I know almost all the major campaigns are out, she only has Gucci
bias ? I'm just telling the truth and Sasha is more established model compared to Abbey tehy are not on the same rank !

I haven't seen any new abbey eds or covers lately, probably concentrating on her music career, well good for her

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings