How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-07-2011
Automated Thread Manager

Models.com Top Rankings #3
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

16-07-2011
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Unless you can explain with objective evidence why and in what world Joan deserves to be #4 at this very moment, there's no need to act insulted when someone raises a valid point. And my point is valid. In her couple of years of prolific modeling, Joan has not had a single cover. She does appear regularly in Vogue US, but that's it as far as her editorial work goes. She does well runway wise, but not the opening/closing star that Jac or even Arizona or Daphne are. She's had campaigns for Gucci and Givenchy, that's major, I'll give you that. And she's got Estee contract, another major. That warrants Top 10, not #4.

Looking at it all from a distance, it's quite strange. Either IMG had a say (if not pay) in her placement or there's affirmative action in play.

I had a lengthy response but it really isn't worth it, if you're an agent then send an email, if you're not then please believe whatever it is you like and have fun with it.

Last edited by Luxx; 16-07-2011 at 08:15 AM.

16-07-2011
V.I.P.

i just make my case:
Tell me: why isn't Candice in the top 50, while Juliane is?
Candice: VI cover, VI ed OG, appears in Vogue US, appeard in VP, exclusive runwayseason, Tom Ford OG campaign, Versace OG fragance.

Julaine: VI cover, multi VI ed, Balenciaga MG.
And she was a prada exclusive: well.. how many girls weren't?

Ymre is back and shot by Meisel for Vogue US.. curious if Juliane will stay that long (since she looks like Ymre a lot)

Last edited by Forrest; 16-07-2011 at 10:11 AM.

16-07-2011
fashion icon

^^I am pretty sure Candice & Aymeline are gonna debut in next month's rankings

16-07-2011
V.I.P.

Why then? I mean.. Candice, had her cover before Juliane.

16-07-2011
tfs star

IMO MDC should get Lily back even though she did't get main line of the campaigns and have many editorals and covers. i mean she really did a great job these days and better than many other girls.

16-07-2011
tfs star

i'm so happy that CT came back.it seems that she is busy recent

16-07-2011
V.I.P.

Candice will debut in the next few months? well we know that, of course she will.the point here is why the hell she is not on it right now? when the other girls is

16-07-2011
front row

i just want to know when lara can jump into icon list

16-07-2011
scenester

i think lara will stay no.1 at least for another season which make it about 2 years all together (like most of the former no. 1s)

freja was all set to to dethrone lara during the fw10 & ss11 season, but now i fear she might ended up like sasha and natasha, holding on to the no.2 spot for years before being dropped of the list.

16-07-2011
scenester

i may not be her biggest fan, but like many others, i do feel that candice is robbed. she definitely deserves to be in the top 50, more so than alessandra or miranda. for her to debut between 30-25 should be ok.

and although i love natasha, but i do feel that her career is waning down compared to anja or freja. hence, it wouldn't be right for her to share the no.2 spot with freja. tbh, i rather have her being taken off the list that being dropped of slowly like sasha. it's just too painful to see when ur favourite model is being ranked down.

16-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo84 View Post
i think lara will stay no.1 at least for another season which make it about 2 years all together (like most of the former no. 1s)

freja was all set to to dethrone lara during the fw10 & ss11 season, but now i fear she might ended up like sasha and natasha, holding on to the no.2 spot for years before being dropped of the list.
definitely Freja peaked last season, but now I think they take into consideration the years working in the indursty thus Freja, Natasha, Lara and Anaj are still on top. although if they also take into consideration the age.

Maybe Anja can be the number 1. , Anja has an advantage as Anja is an old model, she is 28 years old and oldest after Lara in the ranking which is 27 and has many experience of working in the industry. my next number 1 is either Karlie or Freja. all top 5 models list can be icons if they are still working in blue chip campaigns in the next 5 years.

I'm so happy Daria is gaining momentum hope she reclaims back her No. 15 rank

Last edited by LiranYana; 16-07-2011 at 03:44 PM.

16-07-2011
backstage pass

There is no such thing as calling models old when they reach their late 20's these days.
Posted via Mobile Device

16-07-2011
V.I.P.

that is "old" in the modeling world

16-07-2011
front row

That is old age actually cause five years after that ppl are not sure how long you would be around.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, modelscom, rankings