How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2005
martinaonrocks

Models.com Top Rankings
I was just wondering how accurate you all think the top 50 is on MODELS.com.. I've checked out that site for a long time and that's how I know most of the models, but I noticed in the top 50 I don't think (correct me if I missed it) they even mentioned Louise P., and maybe some others.. I know there have been a lot of "top/favorite model" threads.. but I was really just curious if you all would agree with it, just wondering if maybe it's biased or something? Thanks

Top 50
http://models.com/model_culture/50topmodels/index.cfm

04-01-2005
princely

louise is somehwere in the top 20, i think its somewhat accurate, but biased

04-01-2005
tfs star

.com
the important thing to know is:

a) that list is just someones OPINION like any list. its subjective, interpretive, its NOT FACTUAL. its not based on any statistics.

b) models. com is constantly kissing up to certain agencies, magazines, photogs, advertisers & even models. In fact that list is SO biased, you have to take it with a great deal of skepticism.
They are also slow to promote new new girls into top 10-20, often keeping girls in top 20 who were hot THREE years ago but are NOT now.

I will post an alternative top 20 list soon & compare it wiith theirs & point out what I think are flaws in their system.

c) again its NOT fact based- its OPINIONS.

PS louise is at NUMBER EIGHT which actually is about where I would place her now!!! but some people would say she should be between 10-15 in jan 2005.

Last edited by lady grey; 04-01-2005 at 06:35 PM. Reason: more fax

07-01-2005
martinaonrocks

thank you very much! i never knew what to think about that list

28-01-2005
front row

Why is Emina stil at #50 under Solange when she was in almost all of the couture shows this week ???

28-01-2005
I love model_mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrima183
Why is Emina stil at #50 under Solange when she was in almost all of the couture shows this week ???
Sometimes I don't understand this list. For instance, I think that Cintia should be much higher than she currently is. (#49)

28-01-2005
trendsetter

is morgane even on that list??

And the world will live as one..."
-John Lennon

28-01-2005
SCBl0ndie

I think they put some of the older girls like Dewi and Anouck too high. They still work, but not as much as the new girls like Cintia.

28-01-2005
gromosexual

it seems that most of the time they "update" it, it's to change a model's pic or switch like two peoples' positions at the most.. I also remember for daria's profile thing, they had "expect to see this girl everywhere in the next three months" for like 2 years until they finally changed it like very recently

28-01-2005
V.I.P.

That list is just OK, not too accurate, some models are placed in a totally wrong order. Like Caroline Ribeiro is placed too high, Natalia Gostiyi too low, Dewi too high, Raquel Zimmerman is placed way too high (how can she be at no 6 while Mariacarla B is no 15!??!!! )............

28-01-2005
fashion insider

The Men`s Section is NO WAY ACCURATE!

Shaun DeWet is No. 3 since like a year -even in times when he doesn`t work a lot- while other VERY VISIBLE Models dweel in the upper places...

I wonder WHERE the claimed "visibility" is measured...they actually list Models that I have only seen once (in print)...

28-01-2005
V.I.P.

arent C & A the same point?

28-01-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady grey
the important thing to know is:

b) models. com is constantly kissing up to certain agencies, magazines, photogs, advertisers & even models. In fact that list is SO biased, you have to take it with a great deal of skepticism.
AMEN!

They definitly rate ALL Elite Models too high and the fabulous Bananas Guys too low!
F.e. Santiago Montero meanwhile has the triple amount of Ads than Shaun DeWet but lays like 10 places behind him!

Last edited by Heroin_Chic; 28-01-2005 at 03:20 PM.

28-01-2005
tfs star

missy rayder should not be number 18

28-01-2005
V.I.P.

I disagree with some of the placings, but for the most part it seems fairly accurate, considering of course the fact that (as lady_grey said) it probably is biased

Last edited by tiffany; 28-01-2005 at 05:08 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
modelscom, rankings