How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
Oh Yeah!

Models' opinion of other Models
I can't find a thread about models talking about other models, stating their opinion about modeling trends, praising other models, talking about their friendship or simply talking about who their favorite colleagues are.

I'll start off with Natasha's fangirls.

Frida Aasen

Quote:
Favorite model of all time: Natasha Poly.

http://www.vogue.com/868669/model-wall-frida-aasen/

Vanessa Moody

Quote:
HB: Are there any models in the industry you look up to?

VM: Natasha Poly (obviously, how could you not?), and Rosie Huntington Whiteley (as she's managed to transition beyond the normal confines of modeling).
http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion...nterview-2015/

Irina Sharipova

Quote:
When I was young, I always looked at Google and said, “I want to be like her.” I always looked up to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, an Indian model. She’s amazing, really beautiful. And Natasha Poly; she’s sexy and also a high-fashion girl.

http://wwd.com/eye/people/irina-shar...call-10198078/

Abbey Lee Kershaw

Quote:
There were a lot of girls from my era that I always looked up to when I started, like Natasha Poly. She was the queen of everything. She is flawless with an incredible work ethic.

http://www.whowhatwear.com/abbey-lee...0lee%20kershaw

1 Week Ago
Oh Yeah!

Abbey Lee on the current modeling trend AKA Instagirls

Quote:
Modeling is a whole new ball game now with the social era. Girls now are creating an image before they are working as models. They can gain work because they have a high volume of followers.

http://www.whowhatwear.com/abbey-lee...0lee%20kershaw

1 Week Ago
hors concours♛

I found a whole bunch about Gisele

Quote:
Adriana Lima: “She’s a really nice girl, she’s very sweet, she’s very professional and she’s gorgeous.” boston.com

Candice Swanepoel: “Gisele Bündchen has always been an inspiration and role model as a person and as a business woman. - Muse magazine

Claudia Schiffer: “In order to become a supermodel one must be on all the covers all over the world at the same time so that people can recognise the girls. Miss Schiffer believes the Brazilian Gisele Bundchen is one of the few women to have supermodel status today.
“Her face is well known, her name is recognised – but no other girl occurs to me that people in the street would recognise,” she said. – Claudia Schiffer in 2007

Cindy Crawford: “Even though Gisele Bündchen wasn’t in my original group of girls, there’s no doubt she is a supermodel. She is the queen of a long line of Brazilian beauties. I remember meeting her for the first time at Michael Thompson’s studio and I felt downright dumpy next to her! Her legs go on for days! She always seems to be having fun and I get the feeling she doesn’t take any of it too seriously which adds a charm to her gorgeousness!” -Cindy Crawford facebook

Doutzen Kroes/Candice Swanepeol:
Who are your favourite Victoria’s Secret Angels from the past?
Swanepoel: Tyra, Gizelle.
Kroes: I think Gizelle is my favourite.
Swanepoel: Me too.
Kroes: I think she’s everybody’s. We just saw her at the Met Ball and she looks gorgeous. insidetoronto.com

Elle MacPherson: “I love the way Gisele looks,” Macpherson told us at her Intimates lingerie label’s tenth birthday party at Selfridges yesterday. “She is obviously totally my DNA taste. She’s also really natural looking. She’s growing her brand; she’s staying true to herself; she’s versatile; she’s also a great mum: she’s a cool girl. I like what she represents. And there’s a naturalness and a wholesomeness about her. And I understand – from the Eighties and the Nineties – those were the kind of girls who were successful. I relate to her. She gets dressed up when she has to for work, but other than that she looks unbelievable in a pair of jeans.” British Vogue 2011

Erin Heatherton: Which women do you look up to?
Gisele [Bündchen] is an amazing role model. She’s an activist, a mother, a strong woman. And modeling is not about beauty, it’s an opportunity to be empowered to inspire others and to use the opportunity to do special things and I think Gisele is a great example of that. – Harpers Bazaar UK 2013

Naomi Campbell: "Models need to earn their stripes - I just think the term is used a little too loosely.
"Kate Moss is obviously a supermodel but, after Gisele, I don't think there's been one." (2008)

Rosie Huntington Whiteley: “Gisele is the goddess of all models. She has a sexy image, her career is so complete, I always look at her when I need some guidance or inspiration.” O Globo 2012

Toni Garrn: “The ultimate Angel? It has to be Gisele,” she smiled. “I loved seeing Gisele with wings. I loved seeing her strut right down the runway, it was always super powerful.” British Vogue

hors concours♛

Linda Evangelista

Quote:
Amber Valletta: “Linda probably loves modeling more than anyone I know. That’s why we all love looking at pictures of her.”

Tyra Banks: “Linda Evangelista is always beautiful, even when she's screaming. She'll have her mouth open, her nose crinkled up, and she looks gorgeous.”

Christy Turlington: “I met Linda at Steven Meisel’s studio in New York,” recalls Christy Turlington. “She lived in Paris, and she was just a couple of years older than me, but she came in like this woman. She was so beautiful, so sexy, so sophisticated. She had this long dark hair and incredible eyes, and she had on boots that went to here. I remember thinking, Wow.” vanity fair

Cindy Crawford:
When I think of Linda Evangelista, I think of two words: chameleon and muse. Linda inspired so many of the great photographers and was able to reinvent her look every time. My favorite photos she did were usually with Steven Meisel, Peter Lindbergh and Arthur Elgort. Linda also rocked the runway, and along with Naomi Campbell, ruled backstage as well. I was always in awe of how they were able to do their own makeup and get the best looks from every designer!

Candice Swanepoel:
I take a lot of inspiration from the supermodels of the Nineties - Linda Evangelista, Bo Derek and Stephanie Seymour. They were unapologetic, strong women who were sexy and powerful. vogue uk

rising star

Kendall also said that Gisele is one of her biggest inspiration, also once she said that she wants to be next Gisele Bundchen. (br.eonline.com)

Fernanda Tavares said: “Gisele is what most represents Brazil abroad. It is Pelé, carnival and Gisele"

Isabeli Fontana: Gisele was always very nice to me. I was very young and she was already at the top, and always gave me tips. Gisele is kind of a 'supermom'. She came to SEPRE accompanied to parades with Vida , her little dog. When we heard shout of 'Vida, Vida,' we knew that she had come with that blond big hair. (harpersbazaar.com.br)

1 Week Ago
fashion elite

Alessandra Ambrosio

Quote:
Adriana Lima: "In Brazil we had this magazine for teenagers and she always did the covers. I would see her and I thought she was beautiful, I was like, this girl is amazing."

Candice Swanepoel: "Growing up I watched the Victoria's Secret Show and was in awe of all the girls. I was always a huge fan of Alessandra."

Doutzen Kroes: "My first time for Victoria's Secret was actually in the Hamptons. I was there with Alessandra. Alessandra had been working then, I think, already for like 8 years with them. So she really knew and knows what to do and she was moving, posing, and I was just there with my mouth open, looking at her."

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Random topic but here's one..

Quote:
Who’s the fastest model?

Odiele: It must be some Russian girl. Or it must be Mariacarla [Boscono]! I think Mariacarla might be the fastest!

But who would win in a race between Karlie Kloss and Joan Smalls?

Odiele: Oh, Mariacarla would win over all those guys. Between Joan and Karlie—how many meters are we talking about? It really depends on the day. They would be neck-and-neck for sure, depending on how many blisters they have from the week before.
vanityfair

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, opinion