Models per Capita Cities? - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
2 Weeks Ago
windowshopping

Models per Capita Cities?
It was easy to find statistics on which countries produce the most models. These models usually leave their home countries, of course. What's your take on which cities have the most models (or models per capita, meaning they'd be easiest to find)? Obviously NYC & London & LA... But I'm looking at living in Europe somewhere less busy - ideally the mediterranean. Would be hard to find many models in the mediterranean, though, wouldn't it?

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
It was easy to find statistics on which countries produce the most models. These models usually leave their home countries, of course. What's your take on which cities have the most models (or models per capita, meaning they'd be easiest to find)? Obviously NYC & London & LA... But I'm looking at living in Europe somewhere less busy - ideally the mediterranean. Would be hard to find many models in the mediterranean, though, wouldn't it?
First region that comes to mind is the Midwest in the States (ie Karlie Kloss, Lindsey Wixson etc) There are many people of scandinavian descent living there.

Another way to look at the data would be to track how many agencies operate per city.

People from Holland are among the tallest in the word - that makes them attractive to model scouts.

2 Weeks Ago
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

In Africa I believe Southern Sudan would be one of the most popular since they are naturally tall, slim and have very unique features and very dark skin.

backstage pass

In the Asia/Pacific any of the regional fashion capitals are crawling with models, Tokyo especially stands out but also places like Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Sydney - even in developing countries like the Phillipines and Vietnam there are more and more international models.

1 Week Ago
scenester

Holland immediately jumps to mind; seems like they've overtaken East Europe as the largest producers of models. As a result, there are a fair amount of agencies in Amsterdam.
There aren't many models from/living in Mediterranean regions, but Spain is pretty fashion-centric so you could try your bets on Barcelona or Madrid?
As for Asia, Korea and Japan are top places for recruiting models. Lots of non-Asian models go there as well to kickstart their work

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
capita, cities, models