How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-03-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Models that are royalty
One of our princesses was an international model, are there any models from any country that are princesses, queens, princes or any other form of royalty?

this ugandan princess elizabeth bagaaya was an international model in the 70s apparently she was the 1st black person to make the cover of harpers baazar!

picture www.torokingdom.org

from bahiyah women magazine

Quote:

MODELING AND ACTING CAREERS
On the heels of its high end modeling competition success, Princess Bagaaya found herself in high demand by the crŤme de la crŤme and aristocracy in Europe, causing a sensation with her tremendous, unmatched regal beauty. Her appearance at public functions made many heads turn. She was immediately inundated with invitations from modeling agencies but she soon took up a modeling career signing up with Peter Lumley Agency, which was Ďat that time a top model agency in London.í
Gorgeously articulate and cultured, she modeled in Britain in several fashion shows that were featured in the British Vogue and Queen Magazine in 1967 and 1968. She was featured as the Queen of Sheba for the British Vogue. She also appeared in Ambiance, a Swiss magazine. After a year in London, Princess Bagaaya moved to New York. Through Lord Harlech and Jacqueline Kennedy, she embarked on a modeling career in New York between 1968 and 1970. She was featured in the American Vogue, LIFE, and Ebony and became the first Black to appear on the cover of a top fashion magazine, Harper's Bazaar.
After taking acting classes in New York, she embarked on a new career as an actress when an American and German company requested her to play a role in a film "Bullfrog in the Sun" based on Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart" and "No Longer at Ease." Set in the lgbo, lbo, a region of eastern Nigeria, the film explored the impact of Western civilization on Africa. Despite the difficulties caused by the Nigerian civil war at the time, she flew to Lagos, Nigeria, in 1970, where the film was produced. She was also featured in the film "Cotton Comes to Harlem." Political changes in Uganda in 1971 interrupted her career in acting, and it was not until 1984 when she returned to the profession. The publication of her African Princess in 1983 impelled Columbia Pictures to invite her to act in the making of "Sheena", a film portraying the indigenous culture of a people known as the Zamburis and their suffering at the hands of an alien. She is still referred to as one of the most beautiful women in Uganda.

POLITICAL INVOLVEMENT

It was at the height of her celebrity status when she was offered the position of Roving Ambassador in 1971 by Idi Amin, the new President who had ousted Obote. This role and her relationship with Idi Amin Dada were to catapult her into Robert Ludlum rollercoaster of intrigue, danger and excitement typical of African politics. She took her role very seriously, putting Uganda on the world map, despite the chaos that Amin and his predecessors had wrecked. One of her most brilliant moments was when she made an appearance at the United Nation, where she made her first speech wearing a stunning golden robe, excelling in the intricacies of diplomacy.
Unfortunately, her political brilliance not only attracted the attention of the international media, but also the unwanted romantic designs of Idi Amin who despite having four wives proposed to her. Princess Bagaaya rejected him with the dignity of a Princess and that was when her troubles with Idi Amin started. He turned against her, making false accusations against her and trying his best to tarnish the image of his best diplomat locally and internationally. He had appointed her as the Minister of Foreign Affairs but he dismissed her shortly after she had rejected and placed her under house arrest. Later in 1975 after hearing rumors that he wanted her dead, she escaped from his clutches, fleeing into exile only to return to Uganda in 1980.
then now

read her fascinating movie like story here

http://bwmmag.com/magazine/content/view/429/178/

image from www.colorsmagazine.com

Last edited by Urban Stylin; 21-03-2006 at 11:08 AM.

21-03-2006
princely

Marija Vujovic is supposed to be related to the leader of Montenegro.

21-03-2006
windowshopping

wow, this is interesting info

21-03-2006
User Friendly

Riley Keough is Rock & Roll Royalty

lol.. but I doubt thats what you're talking about :p

Interesting thread.

22-03-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

actually riley kinda qualifies since elvis is like the american version of royalty!

22-03-2006
backstage pass

In America, royalty means that your parents or grandparents were New Rich.

Paris Hilton *****LOL******

Or what about the Bush twins?

22-03-2006
User Friendly

Its not really royalty.. but Stella Tenant is a blue blood

here's and article I found online -------------------------------
fashionwindows.com

Stella has blue-blood in her veins! Born in 1971 and English by birth, Stella Tennant is the granddaughter of the Duke of Devonshire.

She came into modelling by accident. A friend introduced her to the Vogue fashion writer Plum Sykes. As the story came to pass, Stella Tennant was photographed for Italian Vogue by Bruce Weber. Soon after that, she was appearing in a multitude of advertising campaigns for the likes of Versace, Armani and Jil Sander.

In 1996, she succeeded German supermodel Claudia Schiffer as the Face of Chanel and the "muse" of Karl Lagerfeld. She then became the new face for Chanel No. 5.

In June 1998, Stella was named one of British Vogue's 50 Most Stylish Women and described as the "epitomy of the new breed of aristo-model in the mid-90s."
Stella divides her time between Londonís Notting Hill Gate and New York.

-----------------------------------------------

22-03-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

^^Same with Jaquetta Wheeler

22-03-2006
fashion insider

I didn't know Jacquetta was nobility???

Filippa Palmstierna Hamilton's dad is a count, if that...counts?

23-03-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

what about jasmine guiness?

23-03-2006
fashion icon

Adriana Lima is dating a Royalty. I don't know his name and from wich county and stuff.
And I'm not sure about Natalia Vodianova, I'm not sure about the status of her husband.
And there is something about Karilina Kourkova's boyfriend.

V.I.P.

Adriana Lima's boyfriend is the prince of Lichtenstein.

Natalia's husband is The Honourable Justin Portman, a British noble.

25-03-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

catherine oxenbeg is royalty(well kinda- her mother was a yugoslavian princess) and a model- turned actress...

03-04-2008
V.I.P.

If she's the same Amelia Etherington that google sites, then Ameila Etherington @ Premier is granddaughter of the Duke of Fife (which I think makes her the great-great-great-granddaughter of King Edward VII), and she is 61st in line as heir to the British Throne.

premier

03-04-2008
V.I.P.

India Hicks...
she's the 2nd cousin of Prince Charles.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, royalty