How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-07-2013
front row

Noah Mills: Wilhelmina NY ----> IMG NY (Go figure.)

08-07-2013
front row

Also, Sylvester Ulv Henriksen (Balenciaga) and Frederik Meijnen (new VI cover) have signed to IMG in NY. Look out, look out Wilhelmina and DNA!!!

Last edited by niknak; 08-07-2013 at 04:25 PM.
08-07-2013
backstage pass

Jennie Runk- Ford - Jag Models

09-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknak View Post
Also, Sylvester Ulv Henriksen (Balenciaga) and Frederik Meijnen (new VI cover) have signed to IMG in NY. Look out, look out Wilhelmina and DNA!!!
did a booker leave Wilhelmina for IMG?

09-07-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
Well, Sylvester are Frederik have never been placed with a NY agency, but I figured Noah (and a few others) would jump ship to IMG soon. They really do have a powerhouse men's board now, a good mix of well-established and new faces too.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
Yes. IMG restarted its men's division with former Wilhelmina agents. That's why you see so many ex-Willie guys at IMG now. But a lot of them were with IMG before IMG so it to a hedge fund (I think) who then sold it to Willie. So these guys are just going around in circles, really.
I kind of recall Noah having been with IMG Men in its former life.

11-07-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
Yes. IMG restarted its men's division with former Wilhelmina agents. That's why you see so many ex-Willie guys at IMG now. But a lot of them were with IMG before IMG so it to a hedge fund (I think) who then sold it to Willie. So these guys are just going around in circles, really.
I kind of recall Noah having been with IMG Men in its former life.
And I knew in my heart that this would happen:

Clement Chabernaud: Wilhelmina NY---> IMG NY

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainstay View Post
Marilyn is most likely making their money off the girls you wouldn't expect.. high fashion isn't necessarily what pays the bills until you get into mega contract world and big advertising. Sometimes a day for Nordstrom pays as much as a fashion campaign.. you'd be surprised.
Amen! They still have some big money girls Like McNeil and Miss Wen. Lets see what happens.

11-07-2013
rising star

Alyssa Miller: Elite NYC, Oui Paris, Select London --> IMG.

She's still with Monster in Milan.

Anyone know if Elite NYC is doing well? Find it so quiet there sometimes. Nothing new.

11-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCAT View Post
Anyone know if Elite NYC is doing well? Find it so quiet there sometimes. Nothing new.
They just got Grace Bol and they have a few steady, key girls (Janice, Ji Hye, Nicole Pollard, Jamie Bochert, etc) and some strong new comers who are bound to do pretty well next season IMO (Rihanna Porter, Alana Bunte, Sofie Sjastaad, Emma Oak, Muriel Beal and more). I think they are one of the agencies least affected by all this "switching bookers" madness.

11-07-2013
V.I.P.

Can anyone tell me if the switch from Marylin Paris to Oui is a good move? I refer to Magdalena Jasek. Marylin seemed to do a good job for her...

11-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibiRose View Post
Can anyone tell me if the switch from Marylin Paris to Oui is a good move? I refer to Magdalena Jasek. Marylin seemed to do a good job for her...
I personally think it is, Oui definitely has a handle on its newer girls and Marylin really only has two or three new girls who are doing well atm. Oui has Irina Nikolaeva, Ji Hye, other Elite NY girls who are doing really well in Paris atm and Madga had a pretty good couture season with Oui so I have pretty high hopes for her there

12-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
I personally think it is, Oui definitely has a handle on its newer girls and Marylin really only has two or three new girls who are doing well atm. Oui has Irina Nikolaeva, Ji Hye, other Elite NY girls who are doing really well in Paris atm and Madga had a pretty good couture season with Oui so I have pretty high hopes for her there
Thanks for a reply. I guess I'm overreacting after seeing how many successful models' careers have suffered because of a sudden agency switch...
It's a bit off topic but I started to freak out a little when I compared her previous season couture list (Iris Van Herpen, Giambattista Valli, Ulyana Sergeenko, Bouchra Jarar, Valentino) to JPG, Valli & Valentino this season. (I still hope she'll get a FW campaign).

13-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibiRose View Post
Thanks for a reply. I guess I'm overreacting after seeing how many successful models' careers have suffered because of a sudden agency switch...
It's a bit off topic but I started to freak out a little when I compared her previous season couture list (Iris Van Herpen, Giambattista Valli, Ulyana Sergeenko, Bouchra Jarar, Valentino) to JPG, Valli & Valentino this season. (I still hope she'll get a FW campaign).
I think Oui was trying to go for quality over quantity, a lot of newbies also came onto the scene and snatched some spots in the smaller shows. Oui seems like a pretty good fit for Magda imo

15-07-2013
windowshopping

Adriana Lima: Marilyn NY----> Society NYC

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agencies, models, switching