How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytrail View Post
^interesting about julia schneider, because i thought she had a 3-year contract with elite?
well The Society is owned by Elite or a division of Elite I can't remember the exact title

20-03-2013
windowshopping

The Society's wedsite is officially up.

http://thesocietymanagement.com/

21-03-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
well The Society is owned by Elite or a division of Elite I can't remember the exact title
ooh right, i completely forgot. it's a new york division of elite. thanks!

Last edited by happytrail; 21-03-2013 at 01:25 PM.
24-03-2013
V.I.P.

Annabelle Tsaboukas: Women NY -> Supreme

26-03-2013
V.I.P.

Madelen de la Motte: Marilyn NY -> One
Hanna RundlŲf: Marilyn NY -> One

05-04-2013
V.I.P.

Rosie Tapner: Ford NY -> The Society New York

07-04-2013
windowshopping

Anna Ewers: Women Direct NY -> Women Management NY

08-04-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenLauren View Post
Anna Ewers: Women Direct NY -> Women Management NY
Isn't Women Direct a division of Women NY, and not its own independent agency? I dunno.

front row

^Women Direct is a division of Women, but a switch over still means something. Women is more high fashion and "selective" than Direct, even though they're both part of the same company.

08-04-2013
front row

Andres Velencosa: Wilhelmina NY -> IMG NY

imgmodels.com

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknak View Post
Isn't Women Direct a division of Women NY, and not its own independent agency? I dunno.
A move from Women Direct or Supreme to Women can be seen as a step up. Conversely, a move from Women to Direct or Supreme is often seen as a step down. So Alla and Brit Maren moving from Women to Supreme is basically a demotion and the agency's way of saying they've lost momentum. Supreme has a few hot girls like Daphne Groenveld and Jacqueline Jablonski but most of the girls on the board don't work much or if they do work do so in much small markets like the Ukraine or Poland, etc.

08-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
A move from Women Direct or Supreme to Women can be seen as a step up. Conversely, a move from Women to Direct or Supreme is often seen as a step down. So Alla and Brit Maren moving from Women to Supreme is basically a demotion and the agency's way of saying they've lost momentum. Supreme has a few hot girls like Daphne Groenveld and Jacqueline Jablonski but most of the girls on the board don't work much or if they do work do so in much small markets like the Ukraine or Poland, etc.
I agree with your first statement, but not the last.

Supreme has a nice balance of high fashion and commercial girls. Their girls work quite a lot, just not in the markets that are most "noticeable" in the industry. I'm not surprised of Brit Maren's move as I've always seen her as a bit commercial.

Agency moves are also done to cater to a girls' needs and prospects, as well as her wishes. Not all girls want to become a supermodel. At least not after being in the industry some time. Some of them just work for the money, and do other things on the side. I don't mind Alla's switch either. I understand how people can see the agency switch as a downgrade, but it might have been the right switch nonetheless.

08-04-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax80 View Post
I agree with your first statement, but not the last.

Supreme has a nice balance of high fashion and commercial girls. Their girls work quite a lot, just not in the markets that are most "noticeable" in the industry. I'm not surprised of Brit Maren's move as I've always seen her as a bit commercial.

Agency moves are also done to cater to a girls' needs and prospects, as well as her wishes. Not all girls want to become a supermodel. At least not after being in the industry some time. Some of them just work for the money, and do other things on the side. I don't mind Alla's switch either. I understand how people can see the agency switch as a downgrade, but it might have been the right switch nonetheless.
Women had basically a model dump a few months ago where a good number of models were either let go or moved to Women Direct or Supreme. These were girls who were not doing very much. Maybe the girls prefer to take it slow and are interested in low profile commercial work, so they don't mind being shifted around, but when something like this happens, it can't be seen in a positive light by other people. I don't think anyone doesn't believe Women is the top agency of the Women/Women Direct/Supreme axis, so if you are in Women then get moved to Direct or Supreme, it is very hard to view it as a promotion or even a lateral move.

08-04-2013
front row

^^woemwoem, ax80, yes and no.
Supreme and Women Direct are divisions of Women. Women is the image division--it's very niche. Women Direct is the division that focuses on middle to upmarket commercial. There are some young new faces that need a lot of grooming and older girls who focus on bread and butter type jobs. A girl at Women Direct might make more money than a girl at Women.

Supreme focuses on upmarket commercial with very strong editorial appeal. None of the girls are particularly so fresh and so green that they're rough around the edges. They also don't have any of the older bread and butter type girls at Women Direct. Outside of their stars, it's wrong to say that the other girls don't work. Actually, a lot of these girls are the ones who are shooting for Neimans, Bergdorf, Saks, Shopbop and a lot of commercial/money jobs that require a high end feel. Yes, it's less high profile but the girls at Supreme are working a lot.

And Women..everyone knows what the girls at Women are doing!

When a girl moves to Supreme or Women Direct, it just means that they won't be focusing on an image career (they want to start making consistent money). A girl who moves onto Women means that she wants/is ready for a high profile career..

09-04-2013
Zenga Zenga

Alla is no longer a model but a metaphor of the Women system and a living touristic guide of the network. I think she perfectly illustrates all that has been said about the agency/agencies having started there by Women Direct before being upgraded to Women and now redirected to Supreme.

Last edited by penny609; 09-04-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agencies, models, switching