How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-01-2011
we could have had it all

Caroline Trentini: Women Paris -> Marilyn Paris

24-01-2011
front row

Daphne Groeneveld is now represented by Supreme in NY

25-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Daphne Groeneveld is now represented by Supreme in NY
What?

25-01-2011
V.I.P.

Supreme is still part of the Women Management group right?

Perhaps they are using Daphne to rebuild Supreme. That's the only reasonable explanation for why Women Milan would place her with Supreme instead of Women New York. Jacquelyn J. is the only high profile girl at Supreme's board at the moment, which of course was shattered when Paul R. left for Ford.

25-01-2011
V.I.P.

Yes, Supreme is still a part of Women and a lot of Women new faces will appear there

25-01-2011
backstage pass

The explanation is that Europe wants to maintain control over Daphne's career, and if she were placed with Women in NY, NY would control her chart and her career. That isn't a bad thing, considering the girls who NY manages, but Daphne's Euro booking team wanted to retain control.

Personally I don't think Supreme was a good choice. Her mother agent could have placed her with WHOEVER they wanted... Supreme is a very weak board..

25-01-2011
fashion elite

How is Louis Chaban 's relationship with Women Milan?

25-01-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainstay View Post
The explanation is that Europe wants to maintain control over Daphne's career, and if she were placed with Women in NY, NY would control her chart and her career. That isn't a bad thing, considering the girls who NY manages, but Daphne's Euro booking team wanted to retain control.

Personally I don't think Supreme was a good choice. Her mother agent could have placed her with WHOEVER they wanted... Supreme is a very weak board..
If her Euro agent's strategy was to place her with a weak board to retain control over her career, that will work only for so long. In time she will wise up and switch to a strong NY agency. Of course, she's only 15 now so that kind of move can work now but in a year or two if she's not happy with Supreme she will bolt. And by then who knows where her career will be. If she blames Women Milan for placing her with a weak NY agency and derailing her career, do you think she'll stay with Women Milan?

25-01-2011
V.I.P.

As much as people think Daphne is being the 0 sum here, I think its a win win situation, Supreme can retain and perhaps rise up again and with the benefit of Women and Daphne and who knows soon, Daphne will appear in Women main NY Mgt.

Women is good for Daphne, I think Women has the best of young talents always producing new talents every season, IMG has been lagging these past seasons since Jac and Frida, and dont even ask about Next, God forbid Daphne even has an idea of even going to that agency

25-01-2011
V.I.P.

Aline Weber: Women -> Next NY

25-01-2011
front row

Women Milan has a very strong relationship with Supreme. Even though many people think of Supreme as old Ford now, it's not exactly that as Supreme is now a mix of old Supreme, old Ford and Women Milan. Ex-Fords are also at Women Direct and some shift with Women at Direct. There's also an Ex-Ford now at IMG, which, in my theory, could be why the new faces have been lagging (I won't name names)...
I wouldn't jump to say Supreme is a weak agency--the agencies involved in last spring's mix up are still settling the dust.
So Daphne joining Supreme could be a result of that direct Women Milan-Supreme relationship and the end of the aftermath/continuation of something great.
But of course, I can see Daphne graduating onto the Women board in no time. She has star potential that can stand against those veterans.

26-01-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanvinray View Post
Aline Weber: Women -> Next NY
Whats the appeal of Next NY ? I know they are not some third rated agency , but i always felt that they push their models really fast and there is something random about them.

26-01-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by modela View Post
Whats the appeal of Next NY ? I know they are not some third rated agency , but i always felt that they push their models really fast and there is something random about them.
Next is a huge global network with a lot of quality commercial and fashion clients. They do a good job maintaining an exclusively commercial board, and image board and can get their editorial girls good money jobs. It's a little different from other agencies where they expect all girls to aim for the image first rather than money or branching out.

The bookers are also very nice/friendly/warm to their models (it might not be the same way with non-models...). They're known to have some of the nicest bookers in NYC (even though tfs members think Next is evil...).

26-01-2011
fashion elite

^Of course they are. They're making arrangements with your mother agencies, snatchin' these models up, trying to poach them, so hide your models, hide your agents, hide your interns because they're poaching errybody, ya'hurr?

26-01-2011
V.I.P.

^

By the way, Jana K left Ford Europe on behalf of her NY agency.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching