How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
HilaryHRhoda Hilary Rhoda

Big announcement! I am now being represented by WOMEN MANAGEMENT!!!!!
From Hilary's twitter

26-01-2011
backstage pass

^It was honestly the only agency I could see Hilary switching too...

26-01-2011
Rhoda Addict

Why? ^

26-01-2011
V.I.P.

It seems to me that there was something strange about Rhoda's switch. Why would she leave IMG before she had her new contract in order?

There has been quite some time between IMG taking her off their board and the announcement of her new agency today. Over a month, no? Hmm, I wonder.

26-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1#FashionVictim View Post
^Of course they are. They're making arrangements with your mother agencies, snatchin' these models up, trying to poach them, so hide your models, hide your agents, hide your interns because they're poaching errybody, ya'hurr?
so true

26-01-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnis View Post
There has been quite some time between IMG taking her off their board and the announcement of her new agency today. Over a month, no? Hmm, I wonder.

with the kind of contract she still has on, there was obviously lot of things to agree, so not a surprise.
deal with women was probably already done when left, but i guess some agreement details made they she was not allowed to make it official directly.
nothing really special.

27-01-2011
V.I.P.

Sessilee Lopez: MAJOR > SUPREME NY

27-01-2011
fashion elite

Is her sister switching aswell?(thats her booker , right?)

27-01-2011
backstage pass

Why is it that Hailey Clauson is still on Marilyn's site?

27-01-2011
backstage pass

^ contract issues to be settled, I'm sure..

28-01-2011
scenester

as someone who works in fashion and has dealt with major, i just want to set the record straight. Sessilee sister is not her booker. She was there to help sessilee. her sister is not an agent (I think), and wouldnt have the experience to deal with the in and outs of handling her sisters career. Most of her jobs were booked by some bookers who left early last year (notice how the quality of work changed almost over night...come on bazaar one month, 944 mag the next, nordstrom and neimans to macys, shows to presentations) but like every agency, bookers come and go. If her sister did become her booker, it was time to change. i am new to the forum but this is general knowledge that i wanted to share. The supreme team is great.

29-01-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashiont914 View Post
as someone who works in fashion and has dealt with major, i just want to set the record straight. Sessilee sister is not her booker. She was there to help sessilee. her sister is not an agent (I think), and wouldnt have the experience to deal with the in and outs of handling her sisters career. Most of her jobs were booked by some bookers who left early last year (notice how the quality of work changed almost over night...come on bazaar one month, 944 mag the next, nordstrom and neimans to macys, shows to presentations) but like every agency, bookers come and go. If her sister did become her booker, it was time to change. i am new to the forum but this is general knowledge that i wanted to share. The supreme team is great.
sessilee's sister, kristian loren, is in fact 100% a booker/agent at major new york.

29-01-2011
fashion icon

womenmanagement.blogspot.com

30-01-2011
scenester

not to flame but anncan, i am not saying she isnt an agent though if she was she is/was, she is on the new face board and not booking sess. honestly, i dont know what is going on there now but i am saying she wasnt sessilee's agent. i do know after those other bookers left, her point person for everything was elizabeth.
look at the girls, look at when those bookers left (women bookers and now the mens booker), and look at major now. everyone in the biz knows that got so dysfunctional there that there best bookers and girls/boys left last year. im surprised they stayed so long. and since then, from a fashion standpoint, their new faces now are some of the least interesting in the city. even from a commercial standpoint, their best girls left and the new ones got a lot worse. if you dont see the writing on the wall, i dunno. your quality of work doesnt just change if your booker stayed the same the whole time. from what i hear, she has a new manager now that switched her.

and again....she did what is best for her. 944 and whatever editorials she was shooting for a girl who did meisel / it vogue the year before is nuts. she deserved better.

31-01-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashiont914 View Post
not to flame but anncan, i am not saying she isnt an agent though if she was she is/was, she is on the new face board and not booking sess. honestly, i dont know what is going on there now but i am saying she wasnt sessilee's agent. i do know after those other bookers left, her point person for everything was elizabeth.
look at the girls, look at when those bookers left (women bookers and now the mens booker), and look at major now. everyone in the biz knows that got so dysfunctional there that there best bookers and girls/boys left last year. im surprised they stayed so long. and since then, from a fashion standpoint, their new faces now are some of the least interesting in the city. even from a commercial standpoint, their best girls left and the new ones got a lot worse. if you dont see the writing on the wall, i dunno. your quality of work doesnt just change if your booker stayed the same the whole time. from what i hear, she has a new manager now that switched her.

and again....she did what is best for her. 944 and whatever editorials she was shooting for a girl who did meisel / it vogue the year before is nuts. she deserved better.

oh yes, i totally agree with you. major is a mess, i know from experience of having been with them... i just wanted to clarify that sessilee's sister is a booker there... i know this, she was mine. all of the bookers at major kind of work on everyone, but since elizabeth is the head booker/books girls the best jobs, she therefore probably booked the majority of sessilee's jobs

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching