How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-03-2011
fashion elite

Irina Shayk: IMG NY ---> Elite NY

25-03-2011
backstage pass

Something going on at IMG? They've lost a number of high profile girls lately.

26-03-2011
fashion elite

Especially their moneygirls .

26-03-2011
front row

IMG has some of the golden bookers but unless you're with them, your career won't last or you won't be happy for very long.

Also, their development board is HUGE and there are TONS of girls who aren't listed on the site. They need to re-focus and stop hoarding underage girls.

The huge Ford--Supreme shift affected IMG as well and that could be why their new focus hasn't been so strong.

26-03-2011
Rhoda Addict

I am not agree I think you can be mre than happy with other agency that IMG. Look at Isabeli Fontana or Angela Lindvall since they left IMG they work a lot. As for Hilary she's she's getting more and more shoots this year with Women so IMG isn't the best agency

26-03-2011
V.I.P.

For some girls IMG works out the best while others may feel better in the hands of Silent. It depends on many factors, and of course, also on communication with the motheragents.

26-03-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post

Also, their development board is HUGE and there are TONS of girls who aren't listed on the site. They need to re-focus and stop hoarding underage girls.
Development board is huge, I totally agree. But as far as I know they are no such girls unlisted on the site unless you mean these girls who are "officially on option" with IMG...

And as Cologne pointed out, IMG will do wonders for some new girls (think Jac and that kind of looks) while more directional beauties will have better chances somewhere else.

26-03-2011
V.I.P.

As far as I know, little Sarah Kees has been on stay with IMG in Paris for one or two times already without being listed on their homepage.. Don't know their stragegy, but they seem to make expetions if girl xxxx is talented but not ready yet/ has no book or simply is too limited through school. It would make sense.

26-03-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny609 View Post
Development board is huge, I totally agree. But as far as I know they are no such girls unlisted on the site unless you mean these girls who are "officially on option" with IMG...

And as Cologne pointed out, IMG will do wonders for some new girls (think Jac and that kind of looks) while more directional beauties will have better chances somewhere else.
I know quite a few girls who are signed with IMG worldwide but aren't listed on the site and I see them at castings. They're generally much younger and have a strong hold on the secondary markets. I also know a lot of girls who used to be with IMG worldwide and never got their first breakthrough to make it on the site. Now they're with other agencies and doing better but before were stuck as "secondary" types. I also know girls who are on the mainboard but don't book in the major markets and settle for the secondary ones. The way I'm looking at it is major girl/straggler girl and model/the golden booker ratio compared to other agencies--and that seems to be the biggest issue I hear with the girls I know...

26-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
IMG has some of the golden bookers but unless you're with them, your career won't last or you won't be happy for very long.

The huge Ford--Supreme shift affected IMG as well and that could be why their new focus hasn't been so strong.

How did the Ford-Supreme shift affect IMG?

26-03-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
How did the Ford-Supreme shift affect IMG?
Just PMed you!

26-03-2011
backstage pass

Very, very interesting thanks.

27-03-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Just PMed you!
would love to know your opinion as well pls.
img is with no doubt very good agency but even a great potential girl might get lost among all the new faces they accept every season. and thats why they seem to be loosing their power status lately.

27-03-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
I know quite a few girls who are signed with IMG worldwide but aren't listed on the site and I see them at castings. They're generally much younger and have a strong hold on the secondary markets. I also know a lot of girls who used to be with IMG worldwide and never got their first breakthrough to make it on the site. Now they're with other agencies and doing better but before were stuck as "secondary" types. I also know girls who are on the mainboard but don't book in the major markets and settle for the secondary ones. The way I'm looking at it is major girl/straggler girl and model/the golden booker ratio compared to other agencies--and that seems to be the biggest issue I hear with the girls I know...
That's what I meant by "officially on option", girls who are basically signed but do not appear on the site. Except the fact I didn't know they were doing castings on main markets (though they work a lot on secondary ones). And quite true about these mainboard girls too...

29-03-2011
backstage pass

lisanne de jong: elite new york ---> new york models.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching