How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-03-2011
fashion insider

^

Well that doesn't make any sense at all . . .

30-03-2011
Zenga Zenga

Dovile Virsilaite: IMG Paris -> Oui

30-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
I know quite a few girls who are signed with IMG worldwide but aren't listed on the site and I see them at castings. They're generally much younger and have a strong hold on the secondary markets. I also know a lot of girls who used to be with IMG worldwide and never got their first breakthrough to make it on the site. .

Yes there are actually quiet a lot of IMG signed girls who never makes it to the web site.
IMG is a bit everything or nothing, all is done for the girls to start well, but if it fails, the girl only chance is to have a B plan to try in smaller market. Eventually if book progress a bit there , she will have another chance to try a few more casting and go-see with an IMG office, but if still nothing after that, the girl can forget about IMG.

Unfortunatly, some mother agency prefer to keep girls not working in IMG (caus it sound good to hae girls signed there... ), than to take the girls out to another agency.

30-03-2011
fashion elite

^^
It seems to be that IMG is still banking on their ''number 1 agency'' reputation.Their days of churning out a star every season is long gone.Have there been any changes with their bookers/agents in development, because i find their new girls very bland.

Last edited by modela; 30-03-2011 at 11:26 AM.

31-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by modela View Post
^^
It seems to be that IMG is still banking on their ''number 1 agency'' reputation.Their days of churning out a star every season is long gone.Have there been any changes with their bookers/agents in development, because i find their new girls very bland.

it depends of the point of view.
The lest years, the business got a bit nasty, more poaching, more court issues, mainly from agencies who progressed well with that way of work, but let's wait to see if the strategy will pay on long terms...

to the other side, IMG is not involved in any of these low level behaviour.
They are also the only agency in the world to have almost 3 scouts full time on the roads all over the world.
Their clean way of work, makes that in almost every country, they have good relations with almost all mother agencies, when for exemple, Women or Next have argued with 70% of mother agencies in the world...

So if they dont seem to have the hype currently, i think their way of work which clearly have an ethic compare to many other agency, will always keep them a bit above the crowd, and they will almost automatically take back their leader place, when the strategy of the others will reach the limit...
Supreme was one of the first to loose the edge, other so called current leaders will follow soon or late...

31-03-2011
fashion elite

^^ Thank you ! What do you think off DNA ? They don't seem to hype their models.

31-03-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritmayo View Post
it depends of the point of view.
The lest years, the business got a bit nasty, more poaching, more court issues, mainly from agencies who progressed well with that way of work, but let's wait to see if the strategy will pay on long terms...

to the other side, IMG is not involved in any of these low level behaviour.
They are also the only agency in the world to have almost 3 scouts full time on the roads all over the world.
Their clean way of work, makes that in almost every country, they have good relations with almost all mother agencies, when for exemple, Women or Next have argued with 70% of mother agencies in the world...

So if they dont seem to have the hype currently, i think their way of work which clearly have an ethic compare to many other agency, will always keep them a bit above the crowd, and they will almost automatically take back their leader place, when the strategy of the others will reach the limit...
Supreme was one of the first to loose the edge, other so called current leaders will follow soon or late...
Got to agree hundred percent with you... IMG's way to deal with mother agencies is by far the most ethical among the 'big ones' right now and for long. I know the people there and their way to work and it's no wonder things are like that. My only concern is that they appear (and are de fait) too industrial for some mother agents... when those really care.

01-04-2011
fashion elite

Jessica Miller: Next ---> IMG

01-04-2011
V.I.P.

Kyleigh KuhnClick -> Next NY

05-04-2011
V.I.P.

Hana Jirickova: Ford --> Marilyn NY

14-04-2011
front row

Cailin "Motherf*cking excuse me?!" Hill Next NY --> Ford NY

16-04-2011
V.I.P.

Catherine McNeil:
Next NY ---> Ford NY
Next London, Milan, Paris ---> ?

16-04-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamhutt View Post
Catherine McNeil:
Next NY ---> Ford NY
Next London, Milan, Paris ---> ?
That's a stop the record & everyone stares moment.

16-04-2011
User Friendly

is she even modeling still?

Anyway i'm going to guess she is with Elite in Europe

18-04-2011
backstage pass

Maryna Linchuk DNA -> Ford

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching